PDA

View Full Version : any chance for Nomar?

Hokiesox
10-17-2003, 10:04 AM
This is a quote from the Boston Globe:

"The Sox aren't going to the World Series because Grady fell asleep at the wheel and Pedro couldn't perform like a star when it counted. So now they go home to watch the World Series on television and we wonder if CEO Larry Lucchino will bring Grady back and we wonder if Nomar Garciaparra has played his last game for the Red Sox. Hard questions in the wake of a terrible defeat."

Where would Nomar go?

Viva Magglio
10-17-2003, 10:19 AM
Isn't Nomar still signed with the Red Sox? If the Red Sox trade Nomar, Boston fans will burn Fenway to the ground.

Jerko
10-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Isn't Nomar still signed with the Red Sox? If the Red Sox trade Nomar, Boston fans will burn Fenway to the ground.

Good! Hopefully then he will go to the Cubs, they will get rid of him, and their 'fans' will do the same thing to the Urinal. Perfect.

kittle42
10-17-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Good! Hopefully then he will go to the Cubs, they will get rid of him, and their 'fans' will do the same thing to the Urinal. Perfect.

When was the last time Cub fans actually reacted to the Cubs getting rid of someone. I mean *really* reacted (not just the aw shucks reactions of Maddux and Raffy)?

Jerko
10-17-2003, 10:51 AM
They didn't have as many 'fans' back then. And nobody cared that Raffy left because it was either him or Gracie and we all know Gracie was the golden boy. I can't wait until Soso or Wood leaves; then we'll see a reaction. I know a lot of Cub fans don't like Sham-me, but their 'fans' do.

Paulwny
10-17-2003, 10:55 AM
There were rumors during the season that the Bosox would trade Nomar if they fell out of the race. Supposedly Nomar told the brass that he would "ok" a trade to a west coast team.

FarmerAndy
10-17-2003, 11:19 AM
They didn't have as many 'fans' back then. And nobody cared that Raffy left because it was either him or Gracie and we all know Gracie was the golden boy.

You just proved Kittle42's point. Grace was their golden boy. They got rid of him. Didn't they? If there was no real backlash for ditching Mark Grace, there won't be a backlash for getting rid of anybody else.

The only way they would suffer a fan backlash would be if they got rid of the beer vendors.

kittle42
10-17-2003, 11:21 AM
They didn't have as many 'fans' back then. And nobody cared that Raffy left because it was either him or Gracie and we all know Gracie was the golden boy. I can't wait until Soso or Wood leaves; then we'll see a reaction. I know a lot of Cub fans don't like Sham-me, but their 'fans' do.

When the media almost ran Sammy out of town two seasons ago, fans didn't seem to mind. Maybe 'fans' did, though.

maurice
10-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
there was no real backlash for ditching Mark Grace

That's because they didn't notice. The "fans" probably call Karros "Gracie" all the time.

Jerko
10-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Grace bashes Sammy on a regular basis, and did while he was still here. That's why the 'fans' didn't lament when he left as much as they normally would have since that was right about the that Sammy was "Saving" baseball. NOW the fans may not care as much about the SCAMMER, but back then he was God (even though HE only said Jesus). Actually, I don't even CARE, I'm just trying to find a legal way to get Wrigley field burned down!