PDA

View Full Version : First it was TV and now it NY Times quoting Hangar

Dadawg_77
10-17-2003, 10:03 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/17/national/17FANS.html

Our media assassin is beloved by the Media. I wonder if he will start the conspiracy theories that media will only cover him when they need White Sox fan point of view. :)

A.T. Money
10-17-2003, 11:04 AM
You gotta register.

Can you quote the key points please?

Dadawg_77
10-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
You gotta register.

use dadawg_77

pw soxrule

But it only takes two second to register and you delete the cookie when you are done. Just don't want to get anyone in trouble for cc infringement.

Iwritecode
10-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Summary:

The Cubs lost (again) just like they do every year. Cubs fans cried and said "wait til next year".

Sox fans are happy and many were cheering for the Marlins to win.

To paraphrase PHG: A Sox win is first on our list but we'll take a Cubs loss in a pinch.

I've read this story 1,000 times... Just never in the NY times.

WinningUgly!
10-17-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
You gotta register.

Not everyone, however, was somber in this divided city. Though the Cubs' journey into the postseason had lured many new fans to the North Side team, die-hard White Sox fans, South Siders, mainly, were having none of the hoopla.

At one South Side bar, McNally's, patrons were awarded free beers for every home run hit by the Cubs' opponents, the Florida Marlins, and the bartenders wore Marlins jerseys. On Wednesday night, when the Cubs' loss was sealed, a thrilled Sox crowd poured out onto Western Avenue to cheer.

"What a relief," said Henry Ortiz, who said he gets a warm, sweet feeling when the Cubs lose, just as he does when the Sox win. "What a weight lifted from my shoulders. If the Cubs had won the World Series, the White Sox would never have had a fair shake in this town. Now we're back to square one, both teams."

Linky (http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/17/national/17FANS.html)

TDog
10-17-2003, 12:11 PM
It is nice to see acknowledgment that there is a significant segment of the Chicago baseball fandom rooting against the Cubs.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-17-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by TDog
It is nice to see acknowledgment that there is a significant segment of the Chicago baseball fandom rooting against the Cubs.

Amen. The Mark Giangrecos of this world have done their level best to proclaim to the world EVERYBODY loves the Cubs. Thank God the NYTimes dug a little deeper. Hopefully a few others will do their own followup before this story goes cold.

:knue
"LOL! Fat chance..."

:moron
"Yeah, what he said."

:giangreco
"In other news, the Sox are removing blue seats from U.S. Cellular, but don't worry. There will still be plenty of empty ones left over."

34 Inch Stick
10-17-2003, 02:20 PM
I think Hangar has been co opted by the media. The Man owns Hangar now.

voodoochile
10-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

The Sox should hire Hangar to be their official Bar PR guy. He could go around the city trailing fellow Sox fans making the populace sit up and take notice, one fan at a time.

WinningUgly!
10-17-2003, 02:27 PM
Do you think WSI has any chance at getting Hangar to do a celebrity chat?
:)

Procol Harum
10-17-2003, 03:04 PM

"Sight seen: Elton John at Tavern on the Green sharing Dom Perignon and a huge plate of oysters on the half-shell with Cher, Parris Hilton and infamous White Sox bad boy, Hangar 18."

Hangar18
10-17-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Do you think WSI has any chance at getting Hangar to do a celebrity chat?
:)

Have your people get in touch with my people. But seriously,
Id like Mike Kiley to interview me

LuvSox
10-17-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Amen. The Mark Giangrecos of this world have done their level best to proclaim to the world EVERYBODY loves the Cubs.

If I had any power at all I would focus all of it on humiliating Giangreco. What a pompus tool he is. But, I am only one Sox fan, so I shall continue my tradition of putting my **** in front of his face whenever he comes on tv.

Nick@Nite
10-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
If I had any power at all I would focus all of it on humiliating Giangreco. What a pompus tool he is. But, I am only one Sox fan, so I shall continue my tradition of putting my **** in front of his face whenever he comes on tv.

I'm glad I finished my dinner prior to reading this post :D: . I'm also glad I was able to keep it down :smile: .

1951Campbell
10-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox

Don't get too close...static electricity, you know.