PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Positive things from tonight...

Chisox_cali
08-30-2001, 08:06 PM
Buehrle(barring our comeback and him pitching a crappy 9th) is still in the lead on the ERA leaderboard

And the bullpen will be fresh for the Indians

Jerry_Manuel
08-30-2001, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Is that really a good thing?
Also see Kempers we didn't have to use Keith tonight.

Viva Magglio
08-30-2001, 08:09 PM
Meanwhile, 8 back.

KempersRS
08-30-2001, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Is that really a good thing?
Also see Kempers we didn't have to use Keith tonight.

Yeah, that worked out nice. Foulke is on one day rest, which is where you want him.

Tavarin
08-30-2001, 10:59 PM
And nobody else got injured! Although I bet a bunch of players wish they could go on the DL at this point.

OutcastRadio
08-31-2001, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Not to get anybody mad, but with Wright, Garland, Biddle and Glover starting against the Cleveland offense, you might need a fresh bullpen.

OutcastRadio
08-31-2001, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Outcast Radio

Not to get anybody mad, but with Wright, Garland, Biddle and Glover starting against the Cleveland offense, you might need a fresh bullpen.

Lemme revise that.

40-man rosters are upon us....that'll help things a lot. But that double-header the day after Cleveland leaves town could be a killer if we do get into your bullpen this series.

KempersRS
08-31-2001, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Outcast Radio

Even if they pitch well, we need a fresh pen. None of them are really "innings" pitchers. Glover can only go 5-6, Biddle is hurt and can't do much of anything, Wright is young and racks up high pitch counts. The only one who could possibly bring us some innings would be Garland and that is no promise.

LongDistanceFan
08-31-2001, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Even if they pitch well, we need a fresh pen. None of them are really "innings" pitchers. Glover can only go 5-6, Biddle is hurt and can't do much of anything, Wright is young and racks up high pitch counts. The only one who could possibly bring us some innings would be Garland and that is no promise. I hope the real pitchers shows up, otherwise its going to be a long weekend with the bullpen getting shelled.

KempersRS
08-31-2001, 08:49 AM
Now I am hearing that Finley will miss his start against us. Which sucks, because he is downright awful AND a lefty. We hit lefties very well, and he has been just terrible. We just can't catch a break!

Tavarin
08-31-2001, 01:07 PM
Why is Finley missing his start? Damn, that's gonna lower Cleveland's ERA for the series..

KempersRS
08-31-2001, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Tavarin
Why is Finley missing his start? Damn, that's gonna lower Cleveland's ERA for the series..

I am pretty sure he turned his ankle in his last start when he was covering first base. I don't think it is TOO serious, but the Tribe probably aren't all that broken up about him missing a start.