PDA

View Full Version : A Sox fan makes his voice heard in Miami...

hsnterprize
10-17-2003, 08:02 AM
Here's a "letter to the editor" (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/opinion/7034718.htm) in the Miami Herald that pretty much explains how we're feeling...

Well said, sir. I'll drink to that... :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

alohafri
10-17-2003, 11:19 AM
And here is an email from a scrub fan that a sports writer at the Miami Herald received:

Here's just one e-mail from the avalanche that poured into The Herald Wednesday:

``What right do you people in Miami have to go to your second World Series? I have warts older than the Florida Marlins, and you guys already have two World Series under your belts. I've been a Cubs fan my whole life. I know you people are laughing at us up here, but this loss really hurts. I know people who have been born, grown old and died without ever seeing a World Series. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO THIS. YOU HAVE NOT PAID YOUR DUES. YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO TAKE THIS AWAY FROM US!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY THING YOU DESERVE FROM CHICAGO IS OUR INCONTINENT ELDERLY! I HOPE THE YANKEES OR RED SOX DESTROY YOU. YOU TOOK SOMETHING PRECIOUS FROM US!! Nothing personal.''

(Mrs. Aloha)

FanOf14
10-17-2003, 11:20 AM
Somebody pass the valium and a packet of thought process to this poor cub fan...please.

Hangar18
10-17-2003, 11:42 AM
Thats what cub fans get for Believing The Media Hype.
These people REALLY ARE, some of the Dumbest Fans Ive
ever met. Ever.

Risk
10-17-2003, 12:12 PM
As Comic Book Guy from the Simpson's would say

"Dumbest. Fans. Ever."

Risk

SoxFan76
10-17-2003, 03:50 PM
nice job whoever wrote that, just another reason for sox fans to hate cub fans.

Hokiesox
10-17-2003, 03:57 PM
Dear stupid Cubs fan:

That's why they play the games.

Sincerely,
Every knowledgeable baseball fan in existence

Foulke You
10-17-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
And here is an email from a scrub fan that a sports writer at the Miami Herald received:

Here's just one e-mail from the avalanche that poured into The Herald Wednesday:

``What right do you people in Miami have to go to your second World Series? I have warts older than the Florida Marlins, and you guys already have two World Series under your belts. I've been a Cubs fan my whole life. I know you people are laughing at us up here, but this loss really hurts. I know people who have been born, grown old and died without ever seeing a World Series. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO THIS. YOU HAVE NOT PAID YOUR DUES. YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO TAKE THIS AWAY FROM US!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY THING YOU DESERVE FROM CHICAGO IS OUR INCONTINENT ELDERLY! I HOPE THE YANKEES OR RED SOX DESTROY YOU. YOU TOOK SOMETHING PRECIOUS FROM US!! Nothing personal.''

(Mrs. Aloha)

Cubs fan = :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

oheeoh...magglio
10-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by alohafri

(Mrs. Aloha)

This guy is right, who goes to the world series should be decided based upon who's fans have "paid their dues" not who wins 4 out of 7 and has a better team. :angry:

doogiec
10-18-2003, 09:42 AM
From reading the Tribune and listening to Cubs fans over the last many years I thought it was the team with the highest attendance numbers that made the World Series.
Thanks for straightening me out.

TornLabrum
10-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by doogiec
From reading the Tribune and listening to Cubs fans over the last many years I thought it was the team with the highest attendance numbers that made the World Series.
Thanks for straightening me out.

While doing some dial flipping the day after the Cubs were eliminated, I happened to stop at the Cubs flagship station where Spike O'Dell was bemoaning the fact that the Marlins only drew 16,000 per game. I guess they really do think that attendance is a qualification for advancing in the post-season.