PDA

View Full Version : More ESPN cubs propaganda

SouthSideHitman
10-16-2003, 06:20 PM
Wow, the cubs propaganda machine is better than I thought. I was shocked to hear SportsCenter just describe wrigelyville as a blue collar neighborhood that needed the world series to help its ecnomy. I mean, pretty soon we'll be hearing about how poor cubs fans scrape just enough money to get to games where they scream for prohibition of alchohol.

oheeoh...magglio
10-16-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by SouthSideHitman
Wow, the cubs propaganda machine is better than I thought. I was shocked to hear SportsCenter just describe wrigelyville as a blue collar neighborhood that needed the world series to help its ecnomy. I mean, pretty soon we'll be hearing about how poor cubs fans scrape just enough money to get to games where they scream for prohibition of alchohol.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Wrigleyville is so poor. Right. Simply amazing, the propaganda never ends!! :angry:

Chisox353014
10-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Yeah, it's truly astounding how the national media has so little knowledge of what Chicago is actually like. A neighborhood full of yuppies, frat boys, trixies, and trendy, overpriced bars and restaurants is not blue-collar. If Wrigleyville is blue-collar, then what's Bridgeport? Black-collar?

OneDog
10-16-2003, 09:59 PM
Unfortunately, most of us believe that there is a bias to support the Cubs around the nation. And, just as unfortunately, it is spreading to the training grounds of journalism (supposedly an objective career field).

My school's newspaper never before put a professional sports team on the front page. It is regarded as a good publication. It was named the second best college paper last year. But the last two weeks, there was nothing but Cubs stories on page 1, either reports from the AP wire or a student-written story about drunks watching the game at an area bar. Our university recently hired a new president who is looking to institue policy changes. Pretty important information for a school newspaper to cover. However, it was bumped to the inside pages in favor of Cubs coverage.

This paper has never done this before. And it makes me sick to think that future journalists will ignore important stories to promote their rooting interests.

ewokpelts
10-17-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Yeah, it's truly astounding how the national media has so little knowledge of what Chicago is actually like. A neighborhood full of yuppies, frat boys, trixies, and trendy, overpriced bars and restaurants is not blue-collar. If Wrigleyville is blue-collar, then what's Bridgeport? Black-collar?

Chisox,
You hit the nail right on the button. Bridgeport is BLACK collar. At least according to the unedumacated. I have many stories about people who live in mixed-ethnicity burbs that think the area around the cell is ghetto. To think the national sports media dosent pick up on that is naive. But then again, so is the national sports media.
Gene

white sox bill
10-17-2003, 07:13 AM
ESPN get something wrong? NA NEVER!

Hangar18
10-17-2003, 08:31 AM
Does Everyone See Now Why I CANNOT STAND THE CHICAGO/NATIONAL MEDIA ?????

thepaulbowski
10-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Wrigleyville is blue-collar, then what's Bridgeport? Black-collar?

People in Bridgeport couldn't afford collars then :D: