PDA

View Full Version : Bartman Fake on SC

Soxfan7070
10-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Dan Patrick was interviewing "Steve Bartman " Interview was going fine until he said "something" and they cut him off and Patrick was like "We've been had...that wasnt him." Wow...

oheeoh...magglio
10-16-2003, 06:18 PM
ROTFLMFAO!!! The guy said "do you like Howard Stern's buttcheese??" HAHAHAHA that was frickin' hilarious!!!!

ChiSox14305635
10-16-2003, 06:19 PM
On the 5pm edition of Sportscenter, Dan Patrick thought he was talking to Steve Bartman of the famed foul ball incident. Midway through the conversation, Dan Patrick asked if he had received any death threats, and after the guy said he received about 5, he mumbled something else, then silence for about 10 seconds, then they cut back to Dan Patrick who said they had been had. Serves them right!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Soxfan7070
10-16-2003, 06:19 PM
That's what he said? LMAO!!!!
Now Patrick had to ask Torberg if it really was him...

Now I'm hearing it was Bababooey...

oheeoh...magglio
10-16-2003, 06:24 PM
LOL!!! I still can't believe that happened...but it was darn funny.

oheeoh...magglio
10-16-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Soxfan7070
That's what he said? LMAO!!!!
Now Patrick had to ask Torberg if it really was him...

Now I'm hearing it was Bababooey...

HAHA that's exactly what he said. Funniest thing i've seen on t.v. in a looooong time.

Chisox353014
10-16-2003, 06:27 PM
So I'm watching Sportscenter and they're doing the predictable Cubbie sob story piece ("the beer-stained bleachers await winter's first snow", that kind of crap) and I hear the reporter proclaim with no irony that the Cubs are "the heart and soul of this blue-collar neighborhood". Blue-collar? Are you kidding me? Have they set foot outside Wrigley in the last 20 years or so? Gimme a break!

On a side note, immediately after that Dan Patrick was interviewing "Steve Bartman" live on the air. Apparently it wasn't the real Bartman because right in the middle of the interview he said something about "butt cheese" and hung up on him. Patrick just sat there for like 5 seconds, stunned, before finally saying "we've been had. That wasn't Steve Bartman" and going to commercial. Too funny!

emaholic
10-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Awww, man....I missed it!

Foulke You
10-16-2003, 06:56 PM
The prank calling culprit was probably long time Howard Stern prank caller "Captain Janks". He usually gets on talk radio and TV shows and blurbs out stuff about Howard when he has the host reeled in. He isn't sanctioned by Stern but that doesn't stop Howard from having him on the show and playing his prank tapes for all to hear. :D:

BTW, that is RIDI-GOD-DA**-DICULOUS that they referred to Wrigleyville as a "blue collar neighborhood". Please! Yes, there are Starbucks, dance clubs, and gay bars in every blue collar neighborhood. It is those White Sox that have the rich white collar snobbish fans that live in the exclusive 35th st neighborhood

Rocklive99
10-16-2003, 09:19 PM
LOL I was watching that live too. I thought he said "cheeks" instead of cheese. It confused the hell out of me when he first said it, and the look on Dan Patrick's face was priceless. But of course, I then thought a Cubs fan probably did it, so it lost its value.

BlottoOttoMan
10-17-2003, 04:24 AM
my buddy saw the "Bartman" interview live and told me all about it. He thought it was Ponce de la Phone, but it might have been Captain Janks. If anyone has the audio, I'd love to have it. It'll probably be posted on a stern-related site sooner or later. If i find it I'll post it.

white sox bill
10-17-2003, 07:37 AM
Does anyone know where Bartman works? Is he on temp. leave?

hsnterprize
10-17-2003, 07:56 AM
I watched the whole thing go down. I was shocked. As a media person, I'm surprised no one caught that when whoever this joker was. There is such a thing as screening calls, you know. Someone at ESPN is getting some serious heat over this. Not to mention, I won't forget the look on Dan Patrick's face when he said, "We've been had." He looked like he was wanting to shoot someone even though he was smiling. Also, they went to commercial pretty quick after the "Butt cheese" line came out. Serves them right for wanting to be the "first" ones to talk to Bartman after all this stuff went down.

I kinda figured something was up when the interview first started because of this guy is in hiding, how did he get the number to SportsCenter...or how did they get his number?

ozzman
10-17-2003, 12:30 PM
http://sportsbybrooks.com/sportsbybrooks.mov

Jerko
10-17-2003, 02:09 PM
Classic, just classic.

FarWestChicago
10-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by ozzman
http://sportsbybrooks.com/sportsbybrooks.mov Thanks, ozzman. I emailed the link to several people here at work and they are quite amused. :cool:

Hondo
10-17-2003, 02:37 PM
I just watched it. he played that perfectly. Patrick has been talking about it on his show all day.

StillMissOzzie
10-17-2003, 03:20 PM
Thanks for that link, ozzman. Forget the other MasterCard commercials - THAT was priceless!!

:gulp:
SMO