PDA

View Full Version : Steve Bartman Day at the Cell

MarkPloch
10-16-2003, 03:21 PM
I would like to propose the we here at WSI declare opening day at the Cell "Steve Bartman" day.

I would love to see a thousand or more fans dressed up as the South Side newest superhero.

Just Imagine the sight and the news coverage.

Who's in?

Dadawg_77
10-16-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by MarkPloch
I would like to propose the we here at WSI declare opening day at the Cell "Steve Bartman" day.

I would love to see a thousand or more fans dressed up as the South Side newest superhero.

Who's in?

One of the Cubs Sox games would be perfect.

MarkPloch
10-16-2003, 03:24 PM
I love it! that's an even a better idea.

Let's keep this thought going.

oheeoh...magglio
10-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
One of the Cubs Sox games would be perfect.

ROFLMFAO!!!!! OMG that would be priceless!!!! We at WSI need to get the campaign going!!

joecrede
10-16-2003, 03:38 PM
I love this idea. Ya know, like the guys who show up in the green suits on opening day ... Gotta get a group of seats down the LF line. Instead of a Cubs hat, a hat with the "Choke" logo.

This would be hillarious. :gulp:

Hokiesox
10-16-2003, 03:39 PM
you know Veeck would have loved this idea...

Dadawg_77
10-16-2003, 03:42 PM
Nancy could play "Do the Bartman" on the organ.

woodenleg
10-16-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
I love this idea. Ya know, like the guys who show up in the green suits on opening day ... Gotta get a group of seats down the LF line. Instead of a Cubs hat, a hat with the "Choke" logo.

This would be hillarious. :gulp:

I agree - I ain't wearin' no Cubs hat. It's bad enough that I would have to put anything in that ugly color on my head.

I wonder where we could get ugly blue hats - then we could just make stickers and put the "Choke" on the front.

I already have a green turtleneck, though.

npdempse
10-16-2003, 03:59 PM

I've missed this. Is it an organized thing? I do remember a lot more of the green sox hats on opening day last year than I'm used to seeing. Does Granstand sell those?

emaholic
10-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Bartman should throw out the first pitch.

Soxfan7070
10-16-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by MarkPloch

Who's in?

No thanks...a flubs hat? Out of the question!

santo=dorf
10-16-2003, 10:10 PM
I'm sure ESPN 1000 would be willing to sponsor headphones for the first 15,000 fans.

joecrede
10-16-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
I'm sure ESPN 1000 would be willing to sponsor headphones for the first 15,000 fans.

My only question is can you still find that style of headphones? What circa 1987?

oheeoh...magglio
10-16-2003, 10:20 PM
My only question is can you still find that style of headphones? What circa 1987?

I'm 17, and can say with confidence that those headphones are older than I am.

BlottoOttoMan
10-17-2003, 04:12 AM
I was at McNally's for Game 7 and there was a guy dressed as Bartman. To get around wearing a Flubs hat, he had a regular blue cap with a generic looking C fastened onto it. I'm in for doing this if not on opening day at Comiskey, then definitely at one of the interleague games...I'd even go to Wrigley. I'm new to this, so thanks to whoever posted the info about McNally's...I had a great time!

hsnterprize
10-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Why didn't I think of that? This is a great idea...let's get something started. I'd really love to see "Bartman" costumes in full display when the Sox play the Cubs at the Cell next year.

henchmanUK
10-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Nancy could play "Do the Bartman" on the organ.
Unlike Simpson junior, young Steve doesn't have the excuse: "I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove anything." :D:

henchmanUK
10-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Maybe they could produce some Steve Bartman bobbleheads but with moving hands instead!

34 Inch Stick
10-17-2003, 02:57 PM
It should be done on the day Prior pitches against the Sox. The Sox PR department would never sponsor it but we could get a grass roots campaign started.