PDA

View Full Version : interesting qoute from Mike Kiley

ewokpelts
10-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Cubs reeled in again

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/spx-news-cub16.html

An overachieving Cubs team that did so much to bring Chicagoans together for a rarified glimpse of championship ambition has left their confused loyalists and fickle bandwagon jumpers torn asunder.

So..........the media is now saying that turncoat sox fans are just fickle bandwagoners, but yesterday, were saying that we all should betray our team because "a chicago team is in the playoffs"?

you cant have it both ways pal.......the only "chicago" team i root for is the bulls

Iwritecode
10-16-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Cubs reeled in again

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/spx-news-cub16.html

An overachieving Cubs team that did so much to bring Chicagoans together for a rarified glimpse of championship ambition has left their confused loyalists and fickle bandwagon jumpers torn asunder.

So..........the media is now saying that turncoat sox fans are just fickle bandwagoners, but yesterday, were saying that we all should betray our team because "a chicago team is in the playoffs"?

you cant have it both ways pal.......the only "chicago" team i root for is the bulls

IF the Cubs overacheived, then what the hell are the Marlins doing???

I'd love to find someone that expected them (at the start of this season) to be in the WS...

ChiSox14305635
10-16-2003, 03:41 PM
An overachieving Cubs team that did so much to bring Chicagoans together for a rarified glimpse of championship ambition

Yeah, dude. All Chicagoans were rooting for the Cubbies. Damn the White Sox. We all bleed Cubbie Blue, right?

Here's a nickel. Go buy yourself a clue.

Hangar18
10-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts

.........An overachieving Cubs team that did so much to bring Chicagoans together .......

Obviously, Mr. Cub Apologist himself shouldve Taken a little
walk down South Western Avenue Last nite

ewokpelts
10-16-2003, 06:03 PM
hanger,
this is the media we're talking about here......at least we admit we're biased
Gene

thepaulbowski
10-16-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Obviously, Mr. Cub Apologist himself shouldve Taken a little
walk down South Western Avenue Last nite

:sahaf

"Now I'm here to tell that everybody in this town loves the Cubs.
What? Western Avenue? There is no Western Avenue in Chicago. Those reports on American TV showing Sox fans celebrating the Cubs loss were a complete lie made up by the United States government trying manipulate the fans of the all mighty Cubs. No person in the city of Chicago could not like the Cubs. Now be sure to pay attention to game 8 of NLCS tonight on Fox"