PDA

View Full Version : About those media "fixed" playoffs...

kittle42
10-16-2003, 01:27 PM
Hangar, is the fix still in? Was this all part of the media's plan to keep the Cubs intact as the lovable cursed losers?

voodoochile
10-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Hangar, is the fix still in? Was this all part of the media's plan to keep the Cubs intact as the lovable cursed losers?

I said it in another post, but it bears repeating...

The flubbies are worth more dead than alive. The myth of them always being no better than second place is a huge marketing scheme and MLB can always whip them out as a way to incite the Chicago market in the future when the game needs a boost... :D:

Iwritecode
10-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I said it in another post, but it bears repeating...

The flubbies are worth more dead than alive. The myth of them always being no better than second place is a huge marketing scheme and MLB can always whip them out as a way to incite the Chicago market in the future when the game needs a boost... :D:

Wouldn't you figure that if both Sox manage to win a WS before the Cubs do, they would go from being cute and lovable to just pathetic?

Hangar18
10-16-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by kittle42

Heh heh, I knew this was coming. I always Maintained that
Baseball BETTER NOT attemp a fix to help FOX out.....which we see, theyre already Crying theyre about to lose $$$$$. I do remember a Key moment with Beckett pitching, he threw one down the middle for the Apparent Strike Out.......but was called a Ball, Frustrating Beckett for a moment ..........

Foulke You
10-16-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Heh heh, I knew this was coming. I always Maintained that
Baseball BETTER NOT attemp a fix to help FOX out.....which we see, theyre already Crying theyre about to lose $$$$$. I do remember a Key moment with Beckett pitching, he threw one down the middle for the Apparent Strike Out.......but was called a Ball, Frustrating Beckett for a moment ..........

Redman was working with a smaller plate than Wood in the first couple innings. There was also a play at third base late in the game on the Marlins would be triple that drove in 2 runs where they called the Marlins player out at third and he was clearly safe, robbing the Marlins of a possible 2 out run. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, just making a couple observations.

thepaulbowski
10-17-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Redman was working with a smaller plate than Wood in the first couple innings. There was also a play at third base late in the game on the Marlins would be triple that drove in 2 runs where they called the Marlins player out at third and he was clearly safe, robbing the Marlins of a possible 2 out run. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, just making a couple observations.

I think Gonzales' hand came off the bag on that play...from the replay I think the ump got it right.