does not agree with this is an idiot. It was utterly
the most disgusting thing I have ever heard and I have
to do a serious gut check on whether I can invest my
already shaky emotional stability in this team
anymore.'

I think that about says it all.

doublem23
10-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Buy him a Sox hat and get tickets to Opening Day.

TDog
10-16-2003, 10:32 PM
When Sox fans talk like that, they're attacked as being lousy, whining, negative fans.

DumpJerry
04-01-2005, 03:04 PM
I question how "die hard" of a fan his friend was. "Die hard" Flub fans live in a fantasy world where the Flubs are always in the World Series and there are no other teams in MLB..........

Hopefully the guy will be at the Cell on Monday!:smile:

Fredsox
04-01-2005, 03:28 PM
It's like a 12 step program. The first step is admitting you have a problem (being a Cub fan).

"Hello, my name is Joe, and was a Cub fan." Then he recounts his bottoming out, tells his horror stories about rooting for Jody Davis and not watching the game. Finally, Joe dons a Sox hat, enters the Cell, and enjoys the game.

I weep at the thought of another soul saved.

FedEx227
04-02-2005, 11:26 AM
It was utterly
the most disgusting thing I have ever heard and I have
to do a serious gut check on whether I can invest my
already shaky emotional stability in this team
anymore.'

You sure you want this guy on our SIDE?

Jerko
04-02-2005, 03:16 PM
You sure you want this guy on our SIDE?

True, sounds like the next Ligue to me. Whatever you do, don't convert him before mullet night.

Dan H
04-02-2005, 08:37 PM
It's like a 12 step program. The first step is admitting you have a problem (being a Cub fan).

"Hello, my name is Joe, and was a Cub fan." Then he recounts his bottoming out, tells his horror stories about rooting for Jody Davis and not watching the game. Finally, Joe dons a Sox hat, enters the Cell, and enjoys the game.

I weep at the thought of another soul saved.

I like the analogy because being a Cub fan is exactly like having a destructive addiction. Though at this point, I would be happy ifthe Cub fan accepts some therapy even without the Sox hat. One thing at a time because this kind of therapy can take years.

Ol' No. 2
04-02-2005, 11:11 PM
This seemed like a logical place to post this:

I was sitting at the game today and the people a couple of rows in front of me suddenly started waving madly at no one in particular. When I noticed one of them talking on his cell phone, I realized they were waving at the TV cameras. I knew they weren't Brewers fans, and my first thought was "OMG, how embarassing that Sox fans have now started this crap." Then one of them turned around and I noticed the red C on his cap.:rolleyes: