PDA

View Full Version : While at Lamaze class last night...

mike squires
10-16-2003, 10:07 AM
My wife and I started our lamaze class last evening. It was led by this older lady. She started off the class by saying how many of you are Cub fans. My wife and I are the only ones that don't raise our hands. Then the lady talked about how they went to a Cub game and how the most exciting part was watching the scoreboard explode...hilarious, absolutly hilarious. We didn't have the heart to tell her. Typical bandwagon "Cub fan."

Jerko
10-16-2003, 10:37 AM
Funny story mikesquires, no doubt, but weren't you just a little uneasy about all the new Cub 'fans' who are about to adorn our planet? The cycle never ends! I just hope all the expectant parents in that lamaze class have family members that can teach those unborn babes to HATE THE CUBS!

Funkman7
10-16-2003, 04:56 PM
sorry if I'm being a bit slow here...

but did she go to a cubs/sox game at comiskey and think it was at wrigley? I'm a little confused.

Hokiesox
10-16-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Funkman7
sorry if I'm being a bit slow here...

but did she go to a cubs/sox game at comiskey and think it was at wrigley? I'm a little confused.

She went to a game at comiskey, but thought it was a Cubs game.

mike squires
10-16-2003, 05:01 PM
She didn't seem like much of a baseball fan to tell you the truth, She also made the comment how she went to a game and someone got a homerun when the ball got stuck in the ivy. Impossible. She said on a few occasions..."I just can't watch the games" (meaning she gets to nervous) Hopefully she didn't watch last night!!! I guess she could have watched the game from Comiskey. I didn't think about that.

gosox41
10-16-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
. She said on a few occasions..."I just can't watch the games" (meaning she gets to nervous) Hopefully she didn't watch last night!!! I guess she could have watched the game from Comiskey. I didn't think about that.

Maybe she should use her breathing exerciese to help her get through the games.

Bob

TDog
10-16-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
...She also made the comment how she went to a game and someone got a homerun when the ball got stuck in the ivy. Impossible. ...

There was a Wrigley game a couple of years ago (against the wonderful Marlins, I believe -- I only heard about it) where Sammy Sosa threw his hands up in the air saying a ball was stuck in the ivy while the hitter (Millar? I need some help here) circled the bases.

Technically, I suppose a home run could get caught in the center-field ivy beyond the wall at the stadium formerly known as Comiskey. That has probably never happened. I don't like to think about my team playing around ivy, let alone figuring out how a home run could get stuck in it.