PDA

View Full Version : To Grobber33 (Les Grobstein)

hsnterprize
10-16-2003, 08:35 AM
Hey Les...

I wanted to start this thread as sort of an "olive branch" from us Sox fans who actually appreciate intelligent Cubs fans rather than the drunk, "Jonny..." or "Jenny Come Lately" Cub fans who are looking for another party to go to...and tell you that I know it's pretty tough for you right now. I'm not going to rub salt in this wound. I actually have respect for you as a journalist, reporter, and a colleague. I'll stick my neck out and "pat you on the back" in a sign of comfort for you. If course as a Sox fan, I'm glad the Cubs are done for the year. I'm sure you can come back with a line like "The Cubs at least made the playoffs", which is true. The Sox choked away their chance to make the post-season, and we're ready to make the Sox management accountable to make our team a World Series winner in 2004. In the meantime, I know this loss is pretty tough for you and other REAL Cubs fans.

And to you, and the real, die-hard, intelligent Cub fans who actually give a rip for your team like we love our Sox...we extend our friendship and offer a cold one, and wish you a spirited revival of the rivalry in 2004!!!!!

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

To the real Cub fans, congrats on a great 2003, and may our rivalry peak even higher in 2004. For the bandwagoners, the "Jenny..." and "Jonny Come Latelys", the trendy, hot-spot, hip, "let's be a Cub fan because it's cool" crowd...we won't miss you if you walk off the face of the earth. Let the real Cubs and Sox fans go at it like gladiators. Chicago deserves a strong rivalry. Either go hard...or go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarqSox
10-16-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize

And to you, and the real, die-hard, intelligent Cub fans who actually give a rip for your team like we love our Sox...we extend our friendship and offer a cold one, and wish you a spirited revival of the rivalry in 2004!!!!!
Amen to that :gulp:

Hokiesox
10-16-2003, 08:48 AM
right on.

Hangar18
10-16-2003, 09:23 AM
He must feel bad, I know how he feels. But I'll bet even hes a
bit tired of the Coverage the cubs get

34 Inch Stick
10-16-2003, 09:50 AM
If the shoe were on the other foot I would be inconsolable right now. Sorry Les.

Salt rubbing begins the day I have to see those Cubbie fans on the news again at Cubbie fest.

DrCrawdad
10-16-2003, 10:30 AM
I appreciate the high-road taken by my friends here at WSI. But honesty compels me to say that the Cubs choked. Sure the Sox choked against the Twins but that pales in comparison to the Cubs choke. And with all the hype and hoopla I can't help but celebrate the crushing Cub loss. Plus amid the hype and hoopla the Sox and Sox fans have taken a bit of abuse too.

Les stands out from the mindless media crowd because he knows the facts. I disagree at times with Les' analysis of the facts but I respect Les.

34rancher
10-16-2003, 10:35 AM
I respect any fan who knows the game as well as Les does. I wish he were a Sox fan, but I respect him no the les. :)

Hangar18
10-16-2003, 10:46 AM
My Hatred for that team is Immense, and only gets STronger
with the extra coverage they get, every extra headline,
every Gratuitous PHOTO shot of the Urinal, every extra time a Media Outlet Rehashes another outlet by saying they have the greatest fans. Baseball was SAVED last nite folks, from itself.
Can the SOX take advantage of this HUGE BREAK THEY GOT?
Can Baseball Realize that it must fix itself Financially so the Pirates and Reds of the world dont have to GIVE AWAY PLAYERS?

BearSox
10-16-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
I'm sure you can come back with a line like "The Cubs at least made the playoffs", which is true.

He could use that line however we can use one of his own lines against him. In 2000 when the Sox made the playoffs and the Cubs didn't he was quoted as saying "The cubs are still the city champions for winning the city series"

This year we are the City Champs!!!

GO WHITE SOX!!!

I agree though. Les is a very knowledgable fan and I'm glad that he cares about our thoughts too in his efforts of holding interviews and chat sessions here at WSI!

DrCrawdad
10-16-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
He could use that line however we can use one of his own lines against him. In 2000 when the Sox made the playoffs and the Cubs didn't he was quoted as saying "The cubs are still the city champions for winning the city series"

This year we are the City Champs!!!

GO WHITE SOX!!!

I agree though. Les is a very knowledgable fan and I'm glad that he cares about our thoughts too in his efforts of holding interviews and chat sessions here at WSI!

Actually in 2K the Sox and Cubbies split. The Sox won the series at Comiskey (2 of 3). The Cubbies won the series at Wrigley (2 of 3).

Les was "chirping" saying that the Sox and Cubbies were "co-City Champions." The Sox are THE City of Chicago Champions this year, winning 4 of 6 and taking BOTH SERIES. No team had previously won BOTH series.

Cubbie fans often wrongly say that for Sox fans beating the Cubbies is all we're concerned about. I love when the Sox beat the Cubbies, but first of all I want the Sox to win it all. If the Sox win the World Series and lose to the Cubbies, fine. If the Sox win the WS AND beat the Cubbies, then beating the Cubbies is a just an added treat.