PDA

View Full Version : McNally's

Dadawg_77
10-16-2003, 01:53 AM
Forgive me here, but I am still drunk form the place. Henry (Hangar) and myself went over there and had a very good time tonight. Met LuvSox and few others who I forgot names sorry, but it was great to have a bar pack of people chanting and cheering for the Marlins all night. I was disapointed that the flaciided chant didn't take hold. Afterwards a bunch of patrons ran on to Western ave and partied on the street. Burn a Cubs flag taken off of some can, Henry in the middle of traffic holding a GO FISH sign. A squad car pulled up and police officer inside shook Henry's hand and drove off. It was great night, the only thing which could have been better was Sox winning the ALCS.

ihatethecubs
10-16-2003, 05:07 AM
i stopped up there right before 1am but the place was pretty empty by then. sounds like it was a good time. i liked the sign in there that said: "dont listen to the media, root for the marlins"

hsnterprize
10-16-2003, 08:17 AM
Hey y'all

The local news shops showed tape from McNally's on TV this morning, and it looks like you had a pretty good time. Oh I wish there was tape of you celebrating when the Cubs lost. Steve Bartman is a national figure, unfortunately, and if the Flubs fans are seriously blaming him for their loss, then they're all screwed up.

GO SOX IN 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dadawg_77
10-16-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
i stopped up there right before 1am but the place was pretty empty by then. sounds like it was a good time. i liked the sign in there that said: "dont listen to the media, root for the marlins"

Hangar made that one.

CHISOXFAN13
10-16-2003, 11:32 AM
If anyone took pics of the celbration at McNally's I would like to print them in the paper I work at in Beverly. I have taken several pics of the famous signs at McNally's before, but would love a shot of the die-hard sox fans celebrating.

Damn, I should have gone there last night!

bobj4400
10-16-2003, 11:39 AM
It was so hard to get to work this morning after the celebration at McNally's last night!!! I think the best part of it was towards the end of the game when they were showing the disconsolate Cub fans moping and on the verge of tears, the entire bar would go, "Awwwwwwwwwwwwww." Priceless. That and the "MVP" chants that sounded whenever replays of the Bartman play were shown.

Dadawg_77
10-16-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
If anyone took pics of the celbration at McNally's I would like to print them in the paper I work at in Beverly. I have taken several pics of the famous signs at McNally's before, but would love a shot of the die-hard sox fans celebrating.

Damn, I should have gone there last night!

Email Hangar. His camera has several cool shots taken by me.

melissainthecity
10-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Awesome - I saw you guys do this! That was great! :)

Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Forgive me here, but I am still drunk form the place. Henry (Hangar) and myself went over there and had a very good time tonight. Met LuvSox and few others who I forgot names sorry, but it was great to have a bar pack of people chanting and cheering for the Marlins all night. I was disapointed that the flaciided chant didn't take hold. Afterwards a bunch of patrons ran on to Western ave and partied on the street. Burn a Cubs flag taken off of some can, Henry in the middle of traffic holding a GO FISH sign. A squad car pulled up and police officer inside shook Henry's hand and drove off. It was great night, the only thing which could have been better was Sox winning the ALCS.

basilesox
10-16-2003, 08:39 PM
I have never been to Mcnally's before. It sounds like a cool place. Is it by the Cell. Can anybody tell me where it is, so i can stop in before or after a sox game sometime.

CHISOXFAN13
10-16-2003, 08:49 PM
111th and Western in the heart of Beverly and Morgan Park.

Nick@Nite
10-16-2003, 09:13 PM
... while watching the Cubs Choke. You Chicagoans have all the fun! :cool:

Wish I was at McNally's last night. :(:

BlottoOttoMan
10-17-2003, 04:31 AM
I'm new to this, so thanks to whoever posted the McNally's info the other night. My cousin and I had an awesome time. I just wish I brought my camera. I work at a bar and needed to escape the pathetic Flub fans. I even drove through bridgeport last week looking for somewhere to watch the Flubs blow it but couldn't find anything. It was an honor and privelege to be in the same room with "Bartman"....MVP....MVP....MVP!!!!!

luvsox56
10-17-2003, 09:48 PM
My friends and I had the GREATEST time there. We went Sunday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday (superstitious after the Sunday win). Wednesday was by far the most crowded. I LOVE Sox fans--they are hilarious and know how to have a good time. I wish I had a camera too. Can't wait to see your pictures Hangar. It was nice meeting some of you. I didnt realize that there were more people up there from here. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: (still recovering from all the partying)...

39thandWallace
10-18-2003, 01:22 AM
I 've been drinking there since I was 17, great bar.

A.T. Money
10-18-2003, 02:16 AM
I live up on the North side, but maybe sometime next season I can swing by over there to catch a couple games and meet up with some of you. If I were to take the Dan Ryan past the Cell going south, is there an exit off of 57 at 115th?

Daver
10-18-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
If I were to take the Dan Ryan past the Cell going south, is there an exit off of 57 at 115th?

No you would have to use the 111th St exit.

39thandWallace
10-19-2003, 01:35 AM
There is one at 119th and it has far less traffic then 111th does. If you are coming north up 57.

Chicago Derby
10-19-2003, 09:30 PM
Anyone know a way to get to McNally's from downtown if you don't own a car?! Metra? CTA?

CD

Daver
10-19-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Chicago Derby
Anyone know a way to get to McNally's from downtown if you don't own a car?! Metra? CTA?

CD

The CTA Western Ave bus will take you there.

Chicago Derby
10-19-2003, 09:50 PM
Thanks Daver-thought of that yesterday but forgot (can you tell I hate taking the bus, but this would be worth it during a Sox-Flub game at the Cell!).

CD

Daver
10-19-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Chicago Derby
Thanks Daver-thought of that yesterday but forgot (can you tell I hate taking the bus, but this would be worth it during a Sox-Flub game at the Cell!).

CD

You could take the red line to 95th street and get on the 95th st bus to Western,and get a transfer,but the 95th st station is not the best place to wait for a bus in.

39thandWallace
10-20-2003, 02:58 AM
The safest way from downtown is the Rock Island line. Get to LaSalle Street station and take the Chicago to Joliet line
(Get off at 111th stop and hop a bus to Western, or if you fell like walking it's only about a mile) Make sure you head WEST up the hill.

bc2k
10-20-2003, 03:32 AM
McNally's sign now says, "Put Cub fans on suicide watch," with the other side saying, "We never got on the Cubs bandwagon".

Chicago Derby
10-20-2003, 09:13 PM
Thanks Daver and 39th-probably will take the Western bus, but the train is a good idea too. Obviously depends on the time of day (and safety as you said). Something to look forward to for next season if I'm not at the park (or parked in front of the tube).

CD

Hangar18
10-21-2003, 12:31 PM
I have the Pics on a disc from McNallys, should I just put
all the Pics in this Thread??

Rocky Soprano
10-21-2003, 02:16 PM
Yes please post the pics, I would love to see them. Im not too far from McNally's. I wish I would of know you guys were going to be there.

Hangar18
10-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Yes please post the pics, I would love to see them. Im not too far from McNally's. I wish I would of know you guys were going to be there.

I'll post in this thread when I get home tonite. You shouldve been reading the Threads.... I announced a few of us were going
to meet there ...........

Rocky Soprano
10-21-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I'll post in this thread when I get home tonite. You shouldve been reading the Threads.... I announced a few of us were going
to meet there ...........

I was out of the office all of last week and we were doing some remodeling to the home office so the pc wasnt up thats why I was around last week and didnt know of the plans.

It was hell not being able to celebrate with all of you when the Flubs went down!