PDA

View Full Version : The North Side Nerd Saves "Soxdom"

cheeses_h_rice
10-16-2003, 12:25 AM
This is sort of a riff on Hangar18's tinfoil-hat ramblings about the "fix" being in for a Flubs/BoSox World Series.

Without you, Bartman, where would Soxdom be? Would we be rendered supine, awaiting the Huge Blue Flubbie Phallus that would greet us for the eventual Flubs/BoSox (:chunks) World Series? I think so.

So thank you, North Side Nerd, you ND grad (hey, me too!), Hewitt-Associate schmuck! Next time, get your head in the game and realize that your team is a mere 5 outs from the World Series, and people won't hate you as much.

We Sox fans "forgive" -- nay, embrace -- you, but don't expect much from your Bud Light-swilling 'tards on the North Side.

You're welcome at 35th & Shields; just stay in row 3 or more, please.

:)

Unregistered
10-16-2003, 12:29 AM
I'd also like to use this platform as an opportunity to nominate Dorky P. Bartman to throw out the first pitch at the Sox home opener. :smile:

TDog
10-16-2003, 12:54 AM
So what does this Bartman guy have in common with Jerry Manuel (or Jerry Reinsdorf)?

They both get blamed for costing Chicago the World Series.

FJA
10-16-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I'd also like to use this platform as an opportunity to nominate Dorky P. Bartman to throw out the first pitch at the Sox home opener. :smile:

Oh, wow, that would be great. Nancy playing "Do the Bartman" ...

I'd also like to say--and someone here mentioned it earlier--I think there will be a lot of Bartman costumes come Oct. 31. I talked to one of my friends who's a Cardinal fan, and once I said it, he said "that's so weird, because I was thinking exactly the same thing for Halloween."

:D:

Bisco Stu
10-16-2003, 01:07 AM
I'm going as Bartman. I just got to get Flubs hat, no way am I paying for one.

Steve B. should receive lifetime season tix to the Cell.

ISUSoxfan
10-16-2003, 08:31 AM
You know how some stadiums have signs on the walls stating "No pepper games"....Wrigley Field needs a sign down the left field line reading "No 500 games."

miker
10-16-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Oh, wow, that would be great. Nancy playing "Do the Bartman" ...

I'd also like to say--and someone here mentioned it earlier--I think there will be a lot of Bartman costumes come Oct. 31. I talked to one of my friends who's a Cardinal fan, and once I said it, he said "that's so weird, because I was thinking exactly the same thing for Halloween."

:D:

So all you need is a Cubbie hat, an old Walkman, and then you just go around knocking the drinks out of everyone's hands, thus ruining the evening for everyone?

Deadguy
10-16-2003, 01:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2003/news/story?id=1638970

If I was him, I'd take this deal. Essentially he gets a three month vacation out of this fiasco. Although, I have no idea how'd his main employer would react to this, or if he'd have to look for employment elsewhere, probably in Florida.

bc2k
10-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy

If I was him, I'd take this deal. Essentially he gets a three month vacation out of this fiasco. Although, I have no idea how'd his main employer would react to this, or if he'd have to look for employment elsewhere, probably in Florida.

And he doesn't have to worry about his landlord since he LIVES WITH HIS PARENTS!

npdempse
10-16-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by FJA

Funny; I've been thinking of maybe doing a sort of allegory, growing out my goatee to look a bit like Wood, blacking my eye, and getting some fake hands to put around my neck, go as "The Cubs Choked."

Noteworthy flaw: Have to buy Cubs gear <shudder>.

voodoochile
10-16-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
And he doesn't have to worry about his landlord since he LIVES WITH HIS PARENTS!

Until some moron decides to burn that down too. Those people need to move. There is no way the police can protect them in the long run. This one isn't going away for a long long time.

Dadawg_77
10-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
Funny; I've been thinking of maybe doing a sort of allegory, growing out my goatee to look a bit like Wood, blacking my eye, and getting some fake hands to put around my neck, go as "The Cubs Choked."

Noteworthy flaw: Have to buy Cubs gear <shudder>.

But a blue hat. get some construction paper. Cut a blue circle to cover up any logo on the front of the cap. Cut a red C. Past the Red C on the Blue Circle and attach to cap.

Dadawg_77
10-16-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy

Hewitt should have office in FL plus I would bet he could be able to telecomute.