PDA

View Full Version : L flags are flying

clarkent
10-16-2003, 12:21 AM
Many of my neighbors here in Oak Lawn are flying those "L" flags in front of their houses. It is a great sight and great laugh. Thank god i live in a white sox area!!

voodoochile
10-16-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by clarkent
Many of my neighbors here in Oak Lawn are flying those "L" flags in front of their houses. It is a great sight and great laugh. Thank god i live in a white sox area!!

You absolutely NEED to get a picture or two of that and post it here. At least, I think so...

PaleHoseGeorge
10-16-2003, 12:22 AM

Oh Great Idea!!!

Where can you buy an "L" flag? I need one for over my kids' playhouse!!!

hose
10-16-2003, 12:23 AM

There is one flying at Wrigley tonight also...woohoo!!

The Power of Cheese.......cheeses h rice willed the Marlins to victory :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

sox_fan_forever
10-16-2003, 12:23 AM
I'd love to see a picture...

Nick@Nite
10-16-2003, 12:25 AM

Please enlighten me... what are "L" flags? Does the "L" stand for (Cub) Loser?

clarkent
They told me they bought from a guy in Bridgeport. Wonder if it was Mayor Daley--lol.

cheeses_h_rice
Originally posted by hose
There is one flying at Wrigley tonight also...woohoo!!

The Power of Cheese.......cheeses h rice willed the Marlins to victory :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Actually, I can't take too much credit -- I got home late from work and didn't feel much like biking over to the Urinal to take photos.

But, I still rooted awfully hard for the Fish after "The Bachelor" was over in the 6th!

:gulp:

KruseControl04
10-16-2003, 12:26 AM
If I can't see the White Sox in the post season... there is one thing that almost gives me as much pleasure. And that's seeing the Cubs blow a 3-1 series lead, and lose the series! I love it!

PaleHoseGeorge
10-16-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
Please enlighten me... what are "L" flags? Does the "L" stand for (Cub) Loser?

The Cubune flies a flag over the Urinal after every game, either a white "W" flag or a blue "L" flag. It's suppose to let the eL commuters know the outcome of the game. In fact it is only glorifying losing. They are the Lovable Losers after all.

Morons...

Foulke You
10-16-2003, 12:33 AM
My Uncle called from Chicago Heights to inform me that his Sox fan neighbors are shooting off fireworks. :D:

Nick@Nite
10-16-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
The Cubune flies a flag over the Urinal after every game, either a white "W" flag or a blue "L" flag. It's suppose to let the eL commuters know the outcome of the game. In fact it is only glorifying losing. They are the Lovable Losers after all.

Morons...

LOL! The flags should read "LL" = Lovable Losers.

DrCrawdad
10-16-2003, 12:37 AM

http://homepage.mac.com/dcrosby/.Pictures/W_Flag_Large.gif

Fly it with pride!

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-16-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Morons...

My well lit Sox flag is flying proudly right now in front of my house. I would give a limb to have a L flag right now.

PS. The white Marlins cap I just ordered from www.mlb.com and had shipped priority mail is going to look great with my black Sox jersey!

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-16-2003, 12:39 AM
Forgot to mention that my neighbor down the street has a ceramic duck dressed up as a cub!

That duck laid an egg!

Drink up! I got plenty of beer! :gulp: :gulp:

woodenleg
10-16-2003, 12:43 AM
Yes, I'm down in Cal City, and they're setting off fireworks here, too. My car broke down this morning, and the guy who fixed it had his fireworks ready, and also a gigantic fish that he caught in the ocean. He is going to hoist the fish on top of his gas station.

KruseControl04
10-16-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by woodenleg
Yes, I'm down in Cal City, and they're setting off fireworks here, too. My car broke down this morning, and the guy who fixed it had his fireworks ready, and also a gigantic fish that he caught in the ocean. He is going to hoist the fish on top of his gas station.

That guys is my new idol! I wanna big fish!

white sox bill
10-16-2003, 07:45 AM
I'm guessing the "L" flag is a bit more worn out looking!

hsnterprize
10-16-2003, 08:56 AM
If anyone can post a pitcure of any "L" flag to put as an avatar or a background, I'd appreciate it. Needless to say, I'd love to wave the "L" flag in Cubs' fans face.