PDA

View Full Version : Very little sympathy from Atlanta and Miami

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2003, 11:07 PM
My brother was at Game 5 in Atlanta, and he turned against the Cubs simply because of the way their fans acted during the game, even though he rooted for the Flubs right up to that point. I've also seen plenty of evidence on marlinsbaseball.com about boorish Flub fan behavior down there.

Sorry, bros, you reap what you sow. Treat fans of other teams like "rubes," "hicks," "fairweather" "hilljacks," and you aren't going to get many notes of sympathy after your Boys in Blue CHOKE in the worst way possible. You may be able to get 10-20,000 idiots to pay top-dollar and travel around the country, but that doesn't exactly help you on the diamond, does it?

greenpeach
10-15-2003, 11:41 PM
I was verbally abused on MARTA (train) coming from Hartsfield Airport after a trip home to Michigan. This overweight middle-aged Cubs fan decided to pick on me for God-knows whatever reason & I looked at her & just yawned in her face. That pretty much shut her up. They invaded Atlanta & started trash talking from the moment they got off the plane. And it wasn't just the young people in their 20's (The Children of WGN), but the senior citizens as well. It was pretty pathetic.

bashcubsredhead
10-16-2003, 12:27 AM
A great side effect to all this is that people around the country have gotten a taste of exactly what the scrubbie fans are. It truly is an insult to baseball the way they have been behaving...the mlb boards prove it. How sad indeed that we have to share air with these morons...what a waste of carbon.

VeeckAsInWreck
10-16-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by bashcubsredhead
A great side effect to all this is that people around the country have gotten a taste of exactly what the scrubbie fans are. It truly is an insult to baseball the way they have been behaving...the mlb boards prove it. How sad indeed that we have to share air with these morons...what a waste of carbon.

Welcome Aboard, and you are right. :bandance: