PDA

View Full Version : It's almost worth it.

Meixner007
10-15-2003, 10:36 PM
If the flubs didn't make the playoffs, big deal...nothing new there. But the fact that they pulled off the biggest modern day choke is almost worth it. This is fantastic. I feel bad for that fan, but watching these idiots on tv just looking down at the ground makes me smile from ear to ear. GOD BLESS THE GOAT!

:sahaf
"What curse? The Billy Goat is on our side. Infadells"

Kilroy
10-15-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Meixner007
If the flubs didn't make the playoffs, big deal...nothing new there. But the fact that they pulled off the biggest modern day choke is almost worth it. This is fantastic. I feel bad for that fan, but watching these idiots on tv just looking down at the ground makes me smile from ear to ear. GOD BLESS THE GOAT!

If that kid is a fan the way I am, and a lot of us are, he will never recover from last night.

But I'm still lovin every minute of it...

soxrme
10-15-2003, 10:48 PM
How soon until the cork and choke t-shirts are out? :gulp: :gulp:

kermittheefrog
10-15-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
If that kid is a fan the way I am, and a lot of us are, he will never recover from last night.

But I'm still lovin every minute of it...

I'm pretty sure that guy can't be the kind of fan most of us are. I mean he was wearing headphones. I bet he bought that Cubs hat at the game, got the tickets from some friend of his dad and hasn't actually attended a baseball game before. These are the kind of people that come out the cracks in the playoffs and it costs the Cubs a World Series appearance. You couldn't write a better script than that.

voodoochile
10-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I'm pretty sure that guy can't be the kind of fan most of us are. I mean he was wearing headphones. I bet he bought that Cubs hat at the game, got the tickets from some friend of his dad and hasn't actually attended a baseball game before. These are the kind of people that come out the cracks in the playoffs and it costs the Cubs a World Series appearance. You couldn't write a better script than that.

Come on Kermit. You as a stathead have to give that loss to AGon over the poor schlep in the stands.

duke of dorwood
10-15-2003, 11:08 PM
The sound of the Thud we heard about an hour ago WAS worth it

kermittheefrog
10-15-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Come on Kermit. You as a stathead have to give that loss to AGon over the poor schlep in the stands.

Its more fun to think of the situation as the fan costing the team the Series. And thats the way I'll talk to my Cub fan friends about it. Sure it's really Gonzalez's fault. Or maybe Baker's fault for not giving Prior a ****ing rest but I can't pass up the hilarity of it being Bartman's faul.

Nick@Nite
10-15-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
The sound of the Thud we heard about an hour ago WAS worth it

ROTFLMFAO!
:)

fuzzy_patters
10-15-2003, 11:21 PM

Wearing headphones sounds pretty hardcore to me. I doubt he was listening to a CD. It was most likely the play-by-play. Lots of hardcore fans do that.

vegyrex
10-15-2003, 11:23 PM
It's poetic justice to have a flub fan be the symbol of the Cubs collapse.

What a relieve.

dllrbll7
10-15-2003, 11:46 PM

That guy i bet is just as big of a stat head as anyone on this board. To be listening to the game on the radio and coaching a allstar baseball team in which i believe he did not have a kid of his own on the team. He is probably the nicest cub fan u would ever meet. If u look at his college homepage which someone posted he says his favorite sport is baseball and even puts mlb.com and espn.com as 2 of his five or so links.

Jerko
10-15-2003, 11:59 PM
I think I will go to Billy Goats for lunch tomorrow and salute every article on the walls regarding the curse! This is great.

Lip Man 1
10-16-2003, 12:09 AM
All White Sox fans offer a sincere wish for a happy, healthy, off season to Cub fans everywhere!

You got your come uppance for your arrogance. Next time don't assume everyone in Chicago "loves" the Cubbies. You pissed off the baseball gods and they stuck it up your rearends.

But hey at least the "lovable losers" speal is still safe.

Now for a dose of reality...the FLORIDA MARLINS have made their 2nd World Series in ten years. It's been 44 years and counting for the White Sox.

Lip

inta
10-16-2003, 12:16 AM
http://www.hawks67.com/9820341.jpg

SoxxoS
10-16-2003, 12:25 AM
That is the best picture ever. I am dying laughing...

Also...What about Prior and Wood's arm going into next year...

They took an AWFUL lot of abuse this year. Those 115-130 pitch count games catch up to your arm, it happens all the time.

IA_soxfan
10-16-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by inta
http://www.hawks67.com/9820341.jpg

Oh please, like she wasn't trying to get on tv or in the paper right there. Oh man, all of these crying cubs fans is almost more than i can take....I'm thiiiiiis close to crapping myself with glee!

inta
10-16-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
That is the best picture ever. I am dying laughing...

Also...What about Prior and Wood's arm going into next year...

They took an AWFUL lot of abuse this year. Those 115-130 pitch count games catch up to your arm, it happens all the time.

yep. take a look at a certain mr. billy koch.

or mike sirotka even.

while i think wood and prior have a bit more resiliencey than those guys, the cubs will still be hurting next year. on top of the fact everyone's going to be stepping it up when they play them instead of treating them like a last place team like they did this past year.