PDA

View Full Version : I think I would rather NOT make the playoffs...


SoxxoS
10-15-2003, 10:36 PM
Than have what happened to the Cubs happen to the White Sox. Seriously. Anyone with me?

Imagine going into game 5 with a 3-1 lead, and Colon, Loiaza and Buerhle going against the Yanks or Red Sox. And LOSING. OMG! Hell on earth.

MRKARNO
10-15-2003, 10:37 PM
I'm not sure if I can disagree with ya

pudge
10-15-2003, 10:38 PM
It's a tough call - a lot of those games must have been fun... but it must be hard right now... of course, I'm lovin' every second of it. The Fish rule!

voodoochile
10-15-2003, 10:40 PM
You always take the chance. Even if it means being humiliated later on.

Vsahajpal
10-15-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
You always take the chance. Even if it means being humiliated later on.

Yep

:whiner:

HawkDJ
10-15-2003, 10:53 PM
Nope. Making the playoffs is better than not making the playoffs. Simple as that.

voodoochile
10-15-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Yep

:whiner:

Hey Vic, sorry for your pain...

Vsahajpal
10-15-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Hey Vic, sorry for your pain...

Thanks Jim, you're class all the way around. I'll get over it before November, I think. You never know how much you have invested in your team until a moment like this.

FarWestChicago
10-15-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Thanks Jim, you're class all the way around. I'll get over it before November, I think. You never know how much you have invested in your team until a moment like this. Vic, I also feel bad for you. In fact, if you were the typical Cub fan, I wouldn't dislike them so much.

TDog
10-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Hey Vic, sorry for your pain...

2000 was tough enough for me to deal with. And the same question came to mind in 1983. As a Sox fan, the season had never suddenly ended for me before.

Still, I would have liked to be able to enjoy the season as long as Cubs fans did -- though Saturday. After the Minnesota series, there wasn't much fun left.

Vsahajpal
10-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Vic, I also feel bad for you. In fact, if you were the typical Cub fan, I wouldn't dislike them so much.

Yeah, I hear you. Maybe half of them will leave? Hope Santo stays, though.

Vsahajpal
10-15-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by TDog
2000 was tough enough for me to deal with. And the same question came to mind in 1983. As a Sox fan, the season had never suddenly ended for me before.



Before I fully pledged my allegiance, the one time I came close to this feeling was the 93 ALCS. Man my father took my brother and I to nearly every CWS game down the stretch. I'll never forget game 6 at Comiskey. It basically had everything the last two games of this series did. Ventura and Cora made those errors, and I was sick. Just like Farnsworth tonight, Gonzalez last night. Then Radinsky in the 9th, Devo homers...when O'Leary hit that HR off of Beckett to make it 9-6, I had visions of Warren Newsome going oppo off of Duane Ward to pull it within 3, 6-3. And then my favorite Sox ever, Ventura, lined out to Ole to end it.

I hate this game.

Win1ForMe
10-15-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Than have what happened to the Cubs happen to the White Sox. Seriously. Anyone with me?

Imagine going into game 5 with a 3-1 lead, and Colon, Loiaza and Buerhle going against the Yanks or Red Sox. And LOSING. OMG! Hell on earth.

Yeah, but imagine an even wackier situation in having a 2 game lead on your divisional rival in the last 2 weeks of the season. And then imagine starting Garland, Loaiza, Loaiza, Garland, and Colon in five consecutive games against that divisional rival and losing all of them. That would suck!

WhiteSox = Life
10-15-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
I hate this game.

As a big fan of either Major League Baseball team in Chicago, the truth often presents itself, but the grasp is just too much to break away from.

Foulke You
10-15-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Before I fully pledged my allegiance, the one time I came close to this feeling was the 93 ALCS. Man my father took my brother and I to nearly every CWS game down the stretch. I'll never forget game 6 at Comiskey. It basically had everything the last two games of this series did. Ventura and Cora made those errors, and I was sick. Just like Farnsworth tonight, Gonzalez last night. Then Radinsky in the 9th, Devo homers...when O'Leary hit that HR off of Beckett to make it 9-6, I had visions of Warren Newsome going oppo off of Duane Ward to pull it within 3, 6-3. And then my favorite Sox ever, Ventura, lined out to Ole to end it.

I hate this game.

Vic, you have my condolences. It is not Cubs fans like you that I enjoy dancing on the graves of. It is the idiot bandwagon jumpers and the general fratboy/yuppy floppy hat nonsense at Wrigley that I celebrate their losing.

We Sox fans have suffered much this past two weeks. Now, the pain has ended.

fuzzy_patters
10-15-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Win1ForMe
Yeah, but imagine an even wackier situation in having a 2 game lead on your divisional rival in the last 2 weeks of the season. And then imagine starting Garland, Loaiza, Loaiza, Garland, and Colon in five consecutive games against that divisional rival and losing all of them. That would suck!

When you put it that way, I guess that does suck. I hate the Sox, but I guess I love them at the same time. It's kind of like pizza. It tastes good, but it makes you fat.

minastirith67
10-16-2003, 12:12 AM
Well, I think making the playoffs is certainly better than not making the playoffs. I think it was the goal of KW and JM to make the playoffs and the team failed to reach that goal. Therefore, I would have to say that this season was not a success and can only hope that next year we have a team that does succeed.

pudge
10-16-2003, 12:13 AM
What is Vic's story? Is he a two-team fan or just a Cubs fan?

Lip Man 1
10-16-2003, 12:22 AM
The Cubs STILL spent 90 million dollars on payroll.

The Cubs STILL won the opening playoff series.

The Cubs STILL won three games in the NLCS.

As a Sox fan, I'd kill for any of those.

Lip

TDog
10-16-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
...

I hate this game.

So do I. Funny thing is, I also love it so much.

TDog
10-16-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
The Cubs STILL spent 90 million dollars on payroll.

The Cubs STILL won the opening playoff series.

The Cubs STILL won three games in the NLCS.

As a Sox fan, I'd kill for any of those.

Lip

But wouldn't you rather be a fan of a team with half the payroll that is going to the World Series?