PDA

View Full Version : Al Leiter doing color commentary:

ChiSox14305635
10-15-2003, 08:50 PM
I have to admit he's done a pretty decent job. He's been very informative about a pitcher's mentality, when/where they spot their pitches, etc. When he retires, he should make a good color analyst. Bret Boone hasn't done a bad job either, but Leiter definitely sounds more polished.

FJA
10-15-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
I have to admit he's done a pretty decent job. He's been very informative about a pitcher's mentality, when/where they spot their pitches, etc. When he retires, he should make a good color analyst. Bret Boone hasn't done a bad job either, but Leiter definitely sounds more polished.

I completely agree ... Leiter is an outstanding color guy. Boone hasn't done much for me, but he also has the better play-by-play team, IMO, and gets somewhat overshadowed.

doublem23
10-15-2003, 09:20 PM
Granted, this maybe isn't the highest of praise considering his counterparts, but he's one of the best guys Fox has.

Bisco Stu
10-15-2003, 10:37 PM
My favorite pitcher and a great color guy taboot.

Deadguy
10-15-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635

He has definitely gotten better since the first game.

He admitted earlier tonight that he was somewhat nervous at first, and you could tell, the way he was stumbling and choking on his words. But I guess that's to be expected.

He pulled himself together, and managed to do a fairly decent job for the rest of the series.