PDA

View Full Version : if only contraction had happened...

Hokiesox
10-15-2003, 04:27 PM
IF the Twinkees and the now favorite marlins had been contracted, what are the chances we would see a cross-town world series? Any guesses?

I think the chances would be pretty good, given the sox would have played the yanks, and the red sox, both of whom we did pretty well against.

The Cubs would have beaten Atlanta and (just guessing) would have played the Giants, and probably would have beaten them (although the giants are a good fastball hitting team...maybe not)

Maybe Selig knew what he was....naaaaaaaah, nothing he tries is ever correct.

LuvSox
10-15-2003, 04:32 PM
IF contraception had only happened....maybe we wouldn't have to put up with the Cubs and their fans at all. :D:

mandmandm
10-15-2003, 04:33 PM
As long as we are playing "if only" what do you think if only the Sox would have gotten Lofton this year instead of Everett. I am a big Everett fan and think he should be in right field next year but do you think Lofton's speed and ability to be a real lead off hitter would have been the difference in getting the Sox to the playoffs. Let's erase his 2002 stint with the Chicago White Sox when considering.

Hokiesox
10-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm
As long as we are playing "if only" what do you think if only the Sox would have gotten Lofton this year instead of Everett. I am a big Everett fan and think he should be in right field next year but do you think Lofton's speed and ability to be a real lead off hitter would have been the difference in getting the Sox to the playoffs. Let's erase his 2002 stint with the Chicago White Sox when considering.

ANY lead off hitter who could get on base consistently would be a help. Whether his name is lofton, clayton, or Schmo, I don't really care.

fquaye149
10-15-2003, 07:22 PM
there is no leadoff hitter who can get on base consistently named "clayton"