PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Read This For A Laugh

Jerry_Manuel
08-30-2001, 07:58 PM
From the Daily South Town:
Dear Mr. Ladewski:

I'll start by saying that you and I agree on one thing: Steve McMichael is an idiot. After that, we differ on everything in your article.

To say that the Cubs are so full of themselves and need to be brought back down to earth is totally insane. No Cubs fan should be embarrassed for anyone except Steve McMichael for making such a fool of himself. The seventh-inning stretch has been a huge success overall and great fun for fans of all kinds.

I have been a season ticket-holder at Wrigley Field for several years, and Cubs fans are among the most knowledgeable and loyal fans in all of baseball. White Sox fans jump on the bandwagon only when the team is winning, and that's not very often, either. Since when is Paul Konerko the voice of intelligence? He's a loser. You quote Tony La Russa (a former White Sox manager). He's a loser, too.

Finally, yes, people do go to Wrigley Field because it is a tourist attraction. It is history. It is baseball as it should be. When is the last time that you heard someone come to town and ask, "Can we go to a Sox game?"

Belia Farver
Lowell, Ind.

danman31
08-30-2001, 08:07 PM
Wow, he is really stupid! That's bordering on insanity. He's in denial of the truth with some of those idiotic comments. I could rip that up really easily, but I don't feel like it now.

Tavarin
08-30-2001, 08:24 PM
Well, he is a Flubbies fan, it makes sense that one of their fans would write something as ridiculous as this.

doublem23
08-30-2001, 08:47 PM
LOL.

Cub fans? Knowledgeable? There's another 2 things I'd never hear in the same sentence without "not" in there. What the hell is going on today?

Iguana775
08-31-2001, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
LOL.

Cub fans? Knowledgeable? There's another 2 things I'd never hear in the same sentence without "not" in there. What the hell is going on today?

saying a cubs fan is knowledgable is like saying rain is dry. lol

PutItOnTheBoard
08-31-2001, 04:32 PM
What was the original article that this letter is in reply to?

Jerry_Manuel
08-31-2001, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by PutItOnTheBoard
What was the original article that this letter is in reply to?

This Article (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/091sd4.htm)

LetsGoSox_1
08-31-2001, 06:06 PM
As Sox first baseman Paul Konerko put it the other day, "Fans come to Comiskey Park to watch the game. They appreciate good baseball, and when you don't play good baseball, they'll let you know about that, too. But most people go to Wrigley Field to see how many bars they can hit before and after the game. Wrigley Field is more of a tourist attraction than anything else."

ahahaha hes exactly right!