PDA

View Full Version : Question from a Tribe fan

CFFan
07-23-2001, 09:07 PM
I see your mad at the umps, but I wanted to ask, does Chicago always take that many pitches. I'm not sure if the camera angles were the same, but almost every called 3rd strike was right on. WUAB has pitch track, and they all looked good, if anything, close enough not to watch. As for the last guy, he had no chance after Valentines outrage, WUAB cameras caught his classiness, and choice of words. Maybe you all disagree, but he was pretty consistant behind the plate, the Tribe questioned a lot of calls, but didn't lose it, just stood there silent. I just couldn't beleive Whitesox hitters would take balls that close at the end of the game, knowing that has been his strike zone. As for Valentine, he probably won't get a call the rest of this series. It isn't right, but umpires are that way.

Daver
07-23-2001, 09:12 PM
He was consistent up to the 9th,then the outside strike got called for the first time all night.I don't mind that he was calling the high strike,I applaud it,but the Greg Maddux outside strike needs to go.