PDA

View Full Version : Great Sox PR Move


34 Inch Stick
10-15-2003, 09:40 AM
Find that Cubs fan immediately and give him lifetime season tickets. He can no longer show his face in Wrigley anyway so he needs a new location to watch games. I think he should be adopted by Sox fans as a new mascot. They took Harry and we take the loser with the headphones.

soxtalker
10-15-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Find that Cubs fan immediately and give him lifetime season tickets. He can no longer show his face in Wrigley anyway so he needs a new location to watch games. I think he should be adopted by Sox fans as a new mascot. They took Harry and we take the loser with the headphones.

No, no, no, no, ...

This poor fellow is the perfect example of what we have said for years is the typical Wrigley field Cub fan. Do you really want him sitting in the stands at our park?

woodenleg
10-15-2003, 09:51 AM
Exactly. He is an example of everything that is wrong with fairweather fandom. We do NOT want him. The Cubs have to take responsibility for their clueless brethren.

34 Inch Stick
10-15-2003, 09:59 AM
Of course I do. I want him throwing out the first pitch during the Sox/Cub series when Prior pitches also.

doublem23
10-15-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Of course I do. I want him throwing out the first pitch during the Sox/Cub series when Prior pitches also.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... I think it'd be ****in' hilarious.

jortafan
10-15-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Of course I do. I want him throwing out the first pitch during the Sox/Cub series when Prior pitches also.

Are you sure you're not a reincarnation of Bill Veeck? That sounds exactly like the kind of gag he would pull.

Actually, I like the idea. Too bad Sox marketing will be more concerned with putting together a sleeping bag outing on a night when the Sox are out of town (I still don't understand the point of that event).

Dadawg_77
10-15-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by soxtalker
No, no, no, no, ...

This poor fellow is the perfect example of what we have said for years is the typical Wrigley field Cub fan. Do you really want him sitting in the stands at our park?

As long as it is not anywhere near the wall sure.

It isn't so much as saying this kid is was right but sticking it to the Cubs which is what I would like. This would be better then the 8.3 miles south billboard.

34 Inch Stick
10-15-2003, 12:18 PM
Give him a seat right in the middle of the fandeck in centerfield so that he is held up as a constant reminder to the Cubs fans who always seem to frequent the park.