PDA

View Full Version : Bulletin Board Material


DrCrawdad
10-15-2003, 08:26 AM
I just heard on The SCORE that apparently there is a beer billboard on the Kennedy Exp (at Fullerton) congratulating the Cubs for being the 2003 NL Champions.

Someone please go by there and snap a photo of this and post it here on WSI and perhaps on the Marlins fan site. Be sure that the Marlins see the photo.

The Cubs may become the NL Champs, but that billboard is a premature spurt which could turn out to be very embarrassing. But aren't all premature spurts embarrassing?

Hangar18
10-15-2003, 08:43 AM
I heard about that this morning too......I hope someone tells
The Marlins about this and gets them Good and Fired Up.

dickallen15
10-15-2003, 08:44 AM
Anyone see Bernie Mac singing the 7th inning stretch? He was calling the Cubs the champions. Next inning, Florida gets 8. I thought Bernie Mac was a Sox fan. I was disgusted by his behavior.

Hangar18
10-15-2003, 08:45 AM
I just Realized something.....The Cubs have the ultimate Jinx
in this series now. HALLELUJAH

Dadawg_77
10-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15
Anyone see Bernie Mac singing the 7th inning stretch? He was calling the Cubs the champions. Next inning, Florida gets 8. I thought Bernie Mac was a Sox fan. I was disgusted by his behavior.

I wonder if he said Champs becuase he couldn't say Cubs. So uses a neutral word which could raise ire of the baseball gods.

doublem23
10-15-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15
Anyone see Bernie Mac singing the 7th inning stretch? He was calling the Cubs the champions. Next inning, Florida gets 8. I thought Bernie Mac was a Sox fan. I was disgusted by his behavior.

I saw an interview in ESPN the Magazine in which Bernie said that he admires Sosa so much, he got fed up with the Sox when they traded him and jumped ship. He says he still roots for the Sox, but his main team now is the Cubs.

Those of you who wanted Daley's head for going to a game in Atlanta... There's your real traitor.

Kroozah
10-15-2003, 11:31 AM
How can he say that he jumped ship because they trades Soso to the Scrubs? He wiffed and sucked then, how could you be a fan of this creaton...and switch loyalites because of one pile of crap. "Ivan Caldaron wannabe"

MikeKreevich
10-15-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I just heard on The SCORE that apparently there is a beer billboard on the Kennedy Exp (at Fullerton) congratulating the Cubs for being the 2003 NL Champions.

Someone please go by there and snap a photo of this and post it here on WSI and perhaps on the Marlins fan site. Be sure that the Marlins see the photo.

The Cubs may become the NL Champs, but that billboard is a premature spurt which could turn out to be very embarrassing. But aren't all premature spurts embarrassing?
I had to get the car emmisions tested so I was in that neighborhood you mention. Saw no sign today, although I saw a van and what looked to be a big tarp type sign lying on the ground near the Jackson's Bud distributorship. Maybe they pulled it down this morning.

Brian26
10-15-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I saw an interview in ESPN the Magazine in which Bernie said that he admires Sosa so much, he got fed up with the Sox when they traded him and jumped ship. He says he still roots for the Sox, but his main team now is the Cubs.

If he really said that, he's either lying through his teeth or he's a buffoon. Sosa was nothing in early 1992 compared to Frank and Robin.

DrCrawdad
10-15-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
If he really said that, he's either lying through his teeth or he's a buffoon. Sosa was nothing in early 1992 compared to Frank and Robin.

There was one person who had complete confidence in Sammy Sosa, that person is Larry Himes.