PDA

View Full Version : Please Don't Celebrate...Yet.

valposoxfan
10-15-2003, 01:13 AM
Ok everyone I know what happened tonight was stunning and very very sweet but it's not over yet. I see a lot of confidence on this board about the Cubs blowing it. It's not over yet. There is still one more game to go. Strap it down and get ready for tomorrow. Let's hope the Fish carry the momentum over and make Alex Gonzalez and company pay for the mistakes. Relax for now guys. There is still a whole game left. Don't set yourself up to be disappointed (even though that would happen anyways if the Cubs won the pennant). Don't be too confident...yet. Relax for now. I believe in this Marlins team. Good Luck Fish. Go Marlins!!!

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2003, 01:17 AM
Whatever happens, you have to like the fact that a LOT of cocky, smack-talking Flub fans got their comeuppance tonight. NOTHING is guaranteed, no matter who's on the mound, period.

That said, I like the Marlins' chances tomorrow. The sphincters will be incredibly tight on the Baby Bears, while the Marlins will be all "whatever." The biggest variable is Kerry Wood, who is quite capable of doing his own North Side Nerd-style meltdown, as we all know.

Go Fish!

white sox bill
10-15-2003, 07:49 AM
I'm with ya, I'm not saying NOTHING 'till I know the series outcome!

Hangar18
10-15-2003, 07:55 AM
ALL the FIsh had to do, was Get past the Messiah, they can Beat Wood. Everything is 50/50 now............The way it should be
GO FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hokiesox
10-15-2003, 08:08 AM
I'm not celebrating anything either, but the marlin's offense made its first appearance in the series last night. Things are looking good. Especially when you consider the half-a-marlins offense sent wood packing down 3-2 in the last game. Now what will happen when the marlins bring a complete offense to the game? Momentum is purely on the marlins side, you can't dismiss the smiles and stuff on those guys faces. they started to believe last night. Maybe they'll even have a goat in the clubhouse tonight!

But, no, I'm not celebrating anything yet.

GoSox2K3
10-15-2003, 08:10 AM
I know that the Cubs have a good chance of winning tonight - and I'm not going to gloat that they've lost the pennant quite yet.

But this is our chance today to enjoy a humorous Cubs fiasco.

KingXerxes
10-15-2003, 09:08 AM
While not celebrating anything (I saw my 89 year old uncle's heart break last night), in no way do I feel that the Cubs are going to win tonight.

They are going to walk out on that field wondering how exactly they're going to mess up. IMHO they are finished.

QueerGirrl
10-15-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
Ok everyone I know what happened tonight was stunning and very very sweet but it's not over yet. I see a lot of confidence on this board about the Cubs blowing it. It's not over yet. There is still one more game to go. Strap it down and get ready for tomorrow. Let's hope the Fish carry the momentum over and make Alex Gonzalez and company pay for the mistakes. Relax for now guys. There is still a whole game left. Don't set yourself up to be disappointed (even though that would happen anyways if the Cubs won the pennant). Don't be too confident...yet. Relax for now. I believe in this Marlins team. Good Luck Fish. Go Marlins!!!

I agree, we (the Marlins) have a 50/50 shot at this tonight, but they still have to face Wood. But in the same breath, Wood is also due for a meltdown like Jesus had last night. So as usual anything is possible.

Quietly: Go Fish!