PDA

View Full Version : So, who IS the "North Side Nerd"?

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2003, 02:10 AM
Supposedly he's been outed on the Flubs MLB board, but I'm not about to go rooting through their trash to find out.

Anyone have the skinny on my .sig friend?

dllrbll7
10-15-2003, 02:12 AM
He's my new hero!!! thats who he is

FarWestChicago
10-15-2003, 02:40 AM
I honestly don't see what the big deal is. 99.999% of Flubs fans are idiots who know nothing about what is going on in the game. They are proud of it. Did somebody expect these dolts to suddenly be transformed into real baseball fans who actually have an awareness of the game situation? :?:

gosox41
10-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I honestly don't see what the big deal is. 99.999% of Flubs fans are idiots who know nothing about what is going on in the game. They are proud of it. Did somebody expect these dolts to suddenly be transformed into real baseball fans who actually have an awareness of the game situation? :?:

I just think it's a big ironic that Cub fans think Sox fans are thugs, yet I've heard many Cub fans say they want to physically harm this guy.

Glad there showing their true colors.

Bob

Jerko
10-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Good point Bob. Also, I saw throngs of 'fans' accosting this guy under the stands WHILE THE GAME WAS STILL GOING ON! WHAT the hell were they all doing THERE? Pay attention to the damn game you 'great fans'. I just wish that was game 7 because if these dolts win tonight everyone will be on TV "forgiving" Little Fonzie or whoever that fan was.

rahulsekhar
10-15-2003, 09:52 AM
There are reports that the guys name/address have been posted on boards (and one that says a radio station announced his name and employer).

For all the bad pub Sox fans have gotten this year, there are actually Cub fans who want to physically beat this chump up and who now are likely to do it. That's ugly, and it's a huge difference from some drunk charging the field. But does any of that generate any negative PR in the Chicago media? It almost makes me want the Cubs to win so that this poor schlep doesn't get hurt.

(Almost. But not quite, Nothing can overcome my hatred of the Cubs unless I was promised that the Sox would somehow be in the WS if the Cubs won.)

Jerko
10-15-2003, 10:46 AM
Boy those dignified Cubs fans really come out in full force don't they. At least the rest of the country sees what a bunch of *******s they are.

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Eric Zorn quotes a Sun-Times article about the fan:

"In the section where the ball fell....Pat Looney, 34, of the Northwest Side said... the (grabby fan) already had a ball from earlier in the game when Alou tossed one into the stands."

If the North Side Nerd *already* had a ball in his possession before reaching for The Foul Ball.....wow. The mind boggles.

Jerko
10-15-2003, 10:51 AM
We're coming to get you Nerd Boy!

:sopranos

inta
10-15-2003, 10:54 AM
y'know... if i had to go to a cubs game, i think i would wear headphones too so i didnt have to hear those idiots braying.

Viva Magglio
10-15-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I just think it's a big ironic that Cub fans think Sox fans are thugs, yet I've heard many Cub fans say they want to physically harm this guy.

Glad there showing their true colors.

Bob

Here is a piece (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sports_story.asp?intid=37909102) from today's Daily Herald substantiating this theory.

After this, I do not want to hear Cubs fans rip us for fan violence ever again!

Gammons Peter
10-15-2003, 11:04 AM
GOAT

kittle42
10-15-2003, 11:35 AM
On a related note, I was watching the game at Barleycorn right down the street from the Urinal. After the Marlins went up and I let out the only cheers in the bar over stunned silence and immediately jumped on my phone to celebrate with a fellow Sox fan, some guy in a Cub jersey screams out, "Who just cheered?" I happily let him know it was me. He then said "If you're on a phone, you're in the wrong bar."

Huh? Cub fans are *always* on their cell phones. It's the only way they know how to "watch" a game. Obviously, I had to educate him on this. He then threatened to kill me. How kind.

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2003, 12:00 PM
More class from Flub fans:

A firefighter who was sitting near the interfering fan spoke up in his defense, Vatis said. He said it looked like the ball was out of play and if he had thought the fan was interfering, he would have stopped him. The firefighter said he got dozens of hate calls after standing up for the fan.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/2555191/detail.html?z=dp&dpswid=2265994&dppid=65192

voodoochile
10-15-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Here is a piece (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sports_story.asp?intid=37909102) from today's Daily Herald substantiating this theory.

After this, I do not want to hear Cubs fans rip us for fan violence ever again!

"At the same time, I feel sorry for the guy," Alou added. "Everybody who goes to a ballpark wants a baseball. Hopefully, he doesn't have to regret it for the rest of his life."

I do feel sorry for the guy a little bit. I mean he is at a dream game, the flubbies are about to clinch a trip to the Series and now to top it off, here comes a foul ball. What a day, what a moment, what a feeling... what just happened?

It could have happened to a lot of people and if the ball is 12" to his right, some other guy gets the dubious honor of being Mr. Interference for the rest of his life. There were 3 sets of hands that had a crack at it and all were trying, but his hands did the deed. Oh the humanity...

Hokiesox
10-15-2003, 12:39 PM
There are Cubs fans I feel sorry for, and these guys are it:

http://www.dailyherald.com/news_story.asp?intid=3790928