PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Nominees for funniest Flubbie posts

PaleHoseGeorge
10-14-2003, 11:58 PM
Cut and paste the funniest posts you've read at WSI tonight. There have been a boatload of 'em!

Note! This is only for previous posts. You're allowed to nominate yourself, but try and act humble.

:bandance:

doublem23
10-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Got to include cheese's "WOODS" pic and the line,

Yes, it's a Flub fan wearing a jersey that doesn't even have the player's name spelled right. (Guess they were out of "Pryor" jerseys.)

PaleHoseGeorge
10-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by SoxFan78:
I think that cub fan was truly the "Pick to Click"

oheeoh...magglio
10-15-2003, 12:02 AM
I nominate this post by SoxFan78:

oheeoh...magglio
10-15-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Hey PHG, great minds think alike! :)

PaleHoseGeorge
10-15-2003, 12:04 AM
bc2k:
"Cubs fan shocked and awed to find out beer isn't sold outside of park."

FJA
10-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Viva:

:wills
"Here's hoping you enjoyed the game thread. I KNOW you liked the outcome!"

FJA
10-15-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Got to include cheese's "WOODS" pic and the line,

I also want to nominate cheeses.

oheeoh...magglio
10-15-2003, 12:05 AM
This one is my winner by Brian26:

Can someone please keep Giangreco out of the tanning booth for at least 5 minutes? Geez, he's blacker than Warner Saunders.

doublem23
10-15-2003, 12:07 AM
I don't know if I can actually nominate this, because the friend that sent it to me sent it via AIM and isn't registered at WSI (not a Sox fan)...

so I go to take a **** and by the time I pinch a loaf and read about Ms. December, the Marlins have shoved 8 red hot spears up the Cubs' rectums and doin a happy dance on their wives.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-15-2003, 12:08 AM
doublem23:

CONSIDERED IGNORANT AND EXTREMELY STUPID

It's going to take a little more than that to distinguish him from the other 35,000 that were there.

oheeoh...magglio
10-15-2003, 12:09 AM
doublem23:

CONSIDERED IGNORANT AND EXTREMELY STUPID

It's going to take a little more than that to distinguish him from the other 35,000 that were there.

LOL!!!!!! I think that one is the current leader....

FJA
10-15-2003, 12:10 AM
Honorable mention must be made to non-WSIer (as far as we know) Fire Commissoner Joyce:

Since it's "the other team" this time, "we don't see the need for the sirens," said Joyce, a lifelong South Sider. "It would startle some of the participants, and we wouldn't want them to spill their chardonnay."

JRIG
10-15-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by FJA
Viva:

I second the motion on the Dave Wills post.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-15-2003, 12:14 AM
Lip Man 1:

You wonder what in the world that fan was thinking of? Maybe if he caught the ball he was going to throw it back??? LOL

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2003, 12:14 AM

I third this one.

PHG had a couple there during the game thread that had me rolling, though. I nominate this one:

Any Flubs fan comes to you trying to talk trash this winter... you know what to do!

"Was that YOU calling off Moises Alou on that pop foul in Game 6?"

*****!!!

THE_HOOTER
10-15-2003, 12:15 AM
Although not as entertaining as previous:

Tonight at Wrigley field for almost 2 hours Mark Prior dominated the Marlins with Curve balls and Fastballs almost unhittable.

In the beginning of the 8th inning, if you watched the game he began hanging his curve ball.

Their Gold Glove SS, who is a great fielder, decided to stick his head up his butt, and blow a certain Dp.

I'm telling you, to be there and witness a crumbling like that is almost out of this world.

That place was up for grabs, and quickly quiet.

You cannot put into words the 8th inning of tonights game-it was a gift from God.

What a game.

ode to veeck
10-15-2003, 12:18 AM
This, in the recap from www.cubs.com

Quote:
It was exactly 95 years ago on this date, Oct. 14, that the Cubs won the 1945 World Series.

No one said they were math majors.

This one's pretty darn funny

ChiSox14305635
10-15-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
This one is my winner by Brian26:

ROTFLMFAO!!!

PaleHoseGeorge
10-15-2003, 12:26 AM
Mark Giangreco was definitely the most over-the-top in his slanted coverage....

Brian26:

Now we're analyzing different camera angles with Giangreco like it's the Kennedy assasination.

Kilroy
10-15-2003, 12:30 AM
There's a new sherrif in town...

Originally posted by doublem23
Rodriguez, Gonzalez... They're all those dark guys Dusty says can play in the sun.

ode to veeck
10-15-2003, 12:32 AM
Dr Crawdad's rendition of Alex Rodriguez as a Scrubbie (end of today's evil empire game thread) is another great one ...

bc2k
10-15-2003, 01:09 AM
Someone please knock over the makeshift balcony Suppelsa is standing on. What a douche. -Brain26

Can someone please keep Giangreco out of the tanning booth for at least 5 minutes? Geez, he's blacker than Warner Saunders. -Brain26

Brian, I've noticed your use of "douche" over the past week. Great word though hardly used, although maybe its infrequency is what makes it so comical.

chisox06 needs to be nominated for this one: "not to mention the way he tried to catch that ball he looked like a 4 year old trying to catch a football that you toss to him 5 feet away, both hands out and it goes right through em."

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-15-2003, 01:14 AM
this guy is from another site but i so have to nominate him
KoolianoJayCubano: Do you think that Cubs fan that knocked away the ball said "It's OK i had Subway" ?

dllrbll7
10-15-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by BroadwyBabyMiami
this guy is from another site but i so have to nominate him
KoolianoJayCubano: Do you think that Cubs fan that knocked away the ball said "It's OK i had Subway" ?

I just read that over at marlinsbaseball.com and thought it was hilarius so ill second the nomination