PDA

View Full Version : This guy is dead...

Kilroy
10-14-2003, 11:20 PM
This is the ESPN.com lead picture...

inta
10-14-2003, 11:25 PM
LOL

why does that dude to his right look scared out of his mind?
northside *******... it's just a ball, the worst that can happen is you'll jam your finger, sheesh.

dllrbll7
10-14-2003, 11:25 PM
Some one just sent me this
Most Wanted (http://www.whichwayup.org/wanted.html)

inta
10-14-2003, 11:27 PM
my friend says this was on the web seconds after it happened.

http://www.spewkie.com/files/idiotfan.mpg

doublem23
10-14-2003, 11:28 PM
CONSIDERED IGNORANT AND EXTREMELY STUPID

It's going to take a little more than that to distinguish him from the other 35,000 that were there. :smile:

VeeckAsInWreck
10-14-2003, 11:32 PM
Guy an entire city wants dead

Well, only half of the city! :D:

oheeoh...magglio
10-14-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Well, only half of the city! :D:

:) Yeah, I think he's a wonderful young man. :)

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-14-2003, 11:38 PM
There's a poll on ESPN.com, 37.9% think it's the fans fault for the loss(that's in first place)

fuzzy_patters
10-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
There's a poll on ESPN.com, 37.9% think it's the fans fault for the loss(that's in first place)

62.1 % know something about baseball.

doublem23
10-14-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
62.1 % know something about baseball.

None of them are Cub fans.

Irishsox1
10-14-2003, 11:46 PM
Does anyone remember this year when the Sox were playing the Minnesota and the Twins had a man on first and a rocket was hit down the left field line and a Sox fan grabbed the ball on purpose knowing that it would limit the hit to a ground rule double and keep the run from scoring? After the Sox fan was kicked out the crowd cheered him and a couple pitches later the Sox got out of the inning and didn't let in a run. The Sox went on to win the game.

That is the difference between the Sox fans and the Cubs fans. Like my father has said for the last 30 years, "The North Side is for having fun and the South Side is where baseball is played."

Kilroy
10-14-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by inta
LOL

why does that dude to his right look scared out of his mind?
northside *******... it's just a ball, the worst that can happen is you'll jam your finger, sheesh.

Look at the fella to the right of that scared guy. He's also reaching for the ball. I'll bet a year's salary he's telling people "I was right next to that idiot. I didn't reach for it..."

But the photos don't lie like he probably is...

FJA
10-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
Does anyone remember this year when the Sox were playing the Minnesota and the Twins had a man on first and a rocket was hit down the left field line and a Sox fan grabbed the ball on purpose knowing that it would limit the hit to a ground rule double and keep the run from scoring? After the Sox fan was kicked out the crowd cheered him and a couple pitches later the Sox got out of the inning and didn't let in a run. The Sox went on to win the game.

That is the difference between the Sox fans and the Cubs fans. Like my father has said for the last 30 years, "The North Side is for having fun and the South Side is where baseball is played."

Haha ... what a great comparison. I do remember that game.

Kilroy
10-15-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by FJA
Haha ... what a great comparison. I do remember that game.

I was there that night. We talked about the great play the fan made...

monkeypants
10-15-2003, 01:01 AM
Only the Cubs could have created a hybrid between Jeffrey Maier and Bill Buckner.

bc2k
10-15-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
This is the ESPN.com lead picture...

Look at this kid's form. Straight arms, completely locked out, body off balance. You need to catch that ball like you would an egg in an egg toss. Two hands together and ease it into your body so the ball doesn't just smack your hand and ricochet.

Hangar18
10-15-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Irishsox1

HOLY **** YEAH, I was at that game, and I remembered the SIGNIFICANCE of what He'd Done IMMEDIATELY. I pointed it out to some of the fellas in my section, but the people in that guys section already were Applauding him for HELPING us at that point.
I totally remember that, very very VERY Quick thinking on his part