PDA

View Full Version : Dead Man

MHOUSE
10-14-2003, 10:52 PM
Wow. What a friggin moron. If they win tomorrow then it's water under the bridge. This guy will be rooting for the Cubs harder tomorrow than ever before I think. There is no way he will ever live down ruining the Cubs' trip to the World Series. Wow. I'd let Alou loose on his butt.

http://espn-ak.starwave.com/media/mlb/2003/1014/photo/a_cubs_ft.jpg

(guy with headphones on)

Brian26
10-14-2003, 10:54 PM
Actually, someone may have pulled Alou to the side before he started giving postgame interviews....

Alou was just on WGN Radio saying, "Actually, I kinda feel sorry for the guy."

Kilroy
10-14-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Actually, someone may have pulled Alou to the side before he started giving postgame interviews....

Alou was just on WGN Radio saying, "Actually, I kinda feel sorry for the guy."

That's apparently not what he said on the score...

mike squires
10-14-2003, 11:14 PM
I'll bet you anything the Scrub fans will say it was a Sox fan in disguise...

ma_deuce
10-14-2003, 11:30 PM
> I'll bet you anything the Scrub fans will say it was a Sox fan in disguise...

God, I would love it if it was. After blocking the ball, he'd whip off his cap to reveal his true allegiance. Then, he'd leap from the Urinal onto Waveland Avenue, slap the stupid look of shock off a few Scrub fan's faces, take the Red Line to Bridgeport, and drink on me until tomorrow's game.

:gulp:

One more time, Fish... one more time.

Viva Magglio
10-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Of course, you know what all the Cubs fans who want to kill that fan are:

:wills
"DRILLRODS!"

QueerGirrl
10-15-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by ma_deuce
> I'll bet you anything the Scrub fans will say it was a Sox fan in disguise...

God, I would love it if it was. After blocking the ball, he'd whip off his cap to reveal his true allegiance. Then, he'd leap from the Urinal onto Waveland Avenue, slap the stupid look of shock off a few Scrub fan's faces, take the Red Line to Bridgeport, and drink on me until tomorrow's game.

:gulp:

One more time, Fish... one more time.

God that would have been awesome!!!

soxrme
10-15-2003, 09:39 AM
Mr walkoff ss missed a double play ball, blame him!

34 Inch Stick
10-15-2003, 09:49 AM
I wish it had been a hat turned back wearing, beer swilling Cub fan instead of this guy. He looks a little odd. He is alone. He probably spent a good deal of money on those seats. I would bet that he is a longtime fan who was just out to see his team make history. I just picture a guy who has probably been picked on his whole life getting picked on again.

But I'm not projecting. I never wear headphones to the game.

MHOUSE
10-15-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I wish it had been a hat turned back wearing, beer swilling Cub fan instead of this guy. He looks a little odd. He is alone. He probably spent a good deal of money on those seats. I would bet that he is a longtime fan who was just out to see his team make history. I just picture a guy who has probably been picked on his whole life getting picked on again.

I had the exact same idea about this guy. Right after the play they showed him sitting alone with his headphones on and staring. Definately something odd about him. He wasn't talking to anyone and I'm sure not too long after he was getting yelled and cursed at. He's probably a big baseball fan and wanted to see a historic game at the home stadium. Sad thing is he's probably an educated fan too if he coaches a travelling team. So he makes a really dumb move and now he's paying for it. If he had been picked on before then he's not a good candidate to deal with this well......

It would be more fitting for a young 20-something with the "Pryor" jersey, backwards hat, and a cell phone to one ear reaching for that ball instead of this poor guy. Either way he's still a moron for going after that ball.

Dan H
10-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Moron or not, the guy should be left alone. This was not the only reason the Cubs lost and he certainly is responsible for the Cubs not going to the World Series in 58 years. Even Alou isn't angry at him. Now the media is hounding him, and he can't even go to to work. None of the Cubs in the past every had a hard time going to work after their multiple errors and misplays.

bc2k
10-15-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Dan H
Moron or not, the guy should be left alone. This was not the only reason the Cubs lost and he certainly is responsible for the Cubs not going to the World Series in 58 years. Even Alou isn't angry at him. Now the media is hounding him, and he can't even go to to work. None of the Cubs in the past every had a hard time going to work after their multiple errors and misplays.

BS, he deserves to be cursed out by the fans at the game and have beer poured on him. Think of the same situation at Comiskey. We can't let an ignorant fan cost our team a possible Pennant!

Granted, he wasn't the cause of 8 Marlins runs, but he definately hurt his team. I don't feel sorry for this moron at all.

Brian26
10-15-2003, 01:02 PM
This is really interesting. Everybody who has mentioned the headphones so far says it in a way that suggests he was listening to a Dave Matthews CD or WNUA.

My first inclination is to think he was listening to the radio broadcast of the game (WGN or ESPN). I do this all the time when I go to a game alone. Does nobody do this anymore?

The headphones, to me, make him a more hardcore fan. What makes it weird is that IF he was listening to the radio call of the game, he had to have heard the announcers talking about him.

Brian26
10-15-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

If you happen to go to a game alone, you never listen to Rooney and Farmio and keep score? I'm assuming he was at least listening to the broadcast.

FarWestChicago
10-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
BS, he deserves to be cursed out by the fans at the game and have beer poured on him. Think of the same situation at Comiskey. We can't let an ignorant fan cost our team a possible Pennant!This makes no sense. He deserves to be harrassed for behaving like a typical Flubs fan? You can't have it both ways. You can't be proud of your mornic, fairweather, know nothing fan base and expect them to behave like real baseball fans, too. The Flubs got what they paid for. They deserved everything that happened. :smile:

34 Inch Stick
10-15-2003, 01:17 PM
If you happen to go to a game alone, you never listen to Rooney and Farmio and keep score? I'm assuming he was at least listening to the broadcast.

Never. I don't bring my mitt to the game or keep score either.

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2003, 01:20 PM
This is really interesting. Everybody who has mentioned the headphones so far says it in a way that suggests he was listening to a Dave Matthews CD or WNUA.

My first inclination is to think he was listening to the radio broadcast of the game (WGN or ESPN). I do this all the time when I go to a game alone. Does nobody do this anymore?

The headphones, to me, make him a more hardcore fan. What makes it weird is that IF he was listening to the radio call of the game, he had to have heard the announcers talking about him.

My .sig picture is pure sarcasm. From what I've read about the guy, he sounds like a big Cubs fan, so he was almost definitely listening to the radio broadcast on his headphones.

I wonder if the 'phones helped drown out the chants of "Ass-holllle! Ass-hollllle!" that erupted shortly after the play?

:)