PDA

View Full Version : Cub backers wrongly blame fan.

MikeKreevich
10-14-2003, 11:35 PM
Rather than admit that their unbeatable pitcher could give up hits and runs leading to a loss or place blame on a their shortstop who booted a Tailor made double play, the cub fans want to believe it was the fault of a fan. That nerdy cub fan, who in all probability didn't have a clue Alou was trying to catch that ball, made my day and will live in infamy.

kevingrt
10-14-2003, 11:36 PM
Seriously, can we hunt down Alex Gonzo too?

WhiteSox = Life
10-14-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt

For a handshake? A pat on the back?

:)

Banix12
10-15-2003, 05:58 AM
It's so stupid that cubs fans will now believe the game was destroyed by a foul ball. You can't assume the catch. The ump ruled it foul and he was right there to make the call. No marlin scored on the play and no marlin even reached base on the play. What that guy did was so insignifigant.

This guy's life is over (though looking at him he doesn't look to have much of a life) just because cub fans can't accept that prior and gonzalez blew the game

39thandWallace
10-15-2003, 07:10 AM
Prior should have been pulled when the marlins started hitting him like it was batting practice. The fan really had nothing to do with the loss but it didn't help either. So if anyone is to blame it is Dusty for not pulling Prior when he looked tired. The same thing will happen tonight if he tries to get to much out of Wood.

Hangar18
10-15-2003, 08:47 AM
Im not a cub fan, but man, did the FOX network TRY HARD TO INVENT a story. Alou reminded me of a little kid who just got told he cant go Ride His Bike and is Grounded. That ball was in the
Stands, and Shame on Alou for blaming that nerd. It was in the stands. enough said and shame on cub fans for wanting Someone to Blame

Jerko
10-15-2003, 09:34 AM
C'mon guys, Alou would have caught that. That fan should have known he was like, RIGHT BY THE FIELD since he was sitting in the front row for 7 innings!!! Yes, the players and manager could have overcome that and didn't, but I think it's hilarious that this happened. Also, would everybody in the media stick up for this kid if he were a Sox fan and did that at a Sox playoff game (like those even exist)? He would have been a Thug, he would have been accused of trying to hurt the player, etc. Funny, every reporter I saw last night stuck up for this kid/guy whatever he is, yet the stations all showed that play 1000 times. Well, if the play was as insignificant as everyone says it is, QUIT showing it!

doublem23
10-15-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt

And then Prior? I'm sure it was part of Jesus' divine plan to throw a wild pitch, walk Castillo and let the runner move to third and then groove IRod one on 0-2.

KingXerxes
10-15-2003, 10:04 AM
In no way is that fan to blame for the Cubs collapse last night. A good team will overcome the loss of a POTENTIAL 2nd out, and go on to win especially with three run lead. They gagged big time.

As I was saying yesterday, Vegas odds are so incredibly skewed toward getting some money put on the Marlins that - if I were a betting man (wink wink) - I would bet the ranch on Florida. I open up today's paper and see that the line is a +220 on Florida once again. I'm all over it.

There is no way in the world that the northsiders are going to be able to bounce back after only being five outs away and gagging. No way in the world.

Come to think of it, the last time they had a lead in a clinching game (1984) they were nine outs away when they blew it. Last night they were five outs away and blew it. Should this trend continue, they will be one out away tonight - and then they'll blow it.

Dan H
10-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Any long time Cub fan who blames this guy is hyporcrite. Why do they have that stupid basket in the outfield? One big reason is fan interference with balls in play and fans running on the field. Besides there is still game 7. If the Cubs miss this chance, they have only themsleves to blame. Besides I thought blaming the fans was a White Sox tradition.

Procol Harum
10-15-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Also, would everybody in the media stick up for this kid if he were a Sox fan and did that at a Sox playoff game (like those even exist)? He would have been a Thug, he would have been accused of trying to hurt the player, etc. Funny, every reporter I saw last night stuck up for this kid/guy whatever he is, yet the stations all showed that play 1000 times.

Although I've heard a number of local Chicago sports media types criticizing the people who were threatening this kid with being hung, drawn and quartered, I haven't heard any of them use it as an opportunity for blanket statements about violent Cub fans--whaddya think the reaction would have been if this would have happened at the Cell and someone would have thrown beer on the guy? How many screeds would there have been about the hideous Sox fans?