PDA

View Full Version : The Curse of the Billy Goat:

ChiSox14305635
10-14-2003, 09:42 PM
If it wasn't apparent before, it sure as hell is now! They had 5 outs to the World Series, and with the help of an overzealous fan, the Marlins have put an 8 spot on them. After this, all bets are off for Game 7. The Northsiders may choke the way the BoSox did during Game 7 of the '86 World Series. That would be of epic proportions.

Karma, it is a strange thing.

oheeoh...magglio
10-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
If it wasn't apparent before, it sure as hell is now! They had 5 outs to the World Series, and with the help of an overzealous fan, the Marlins have put an 8 spot on them. After this, all bets are off for Game 7. The Northsiders may choke the way the BoSox did during Game 7 of the '86 World Series. That would be of epic proportions.

Karma, it is a strange thing.

LONG LIVE THE BILLY GOAT AND THE MARLINS!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!

Soxfan7070
10-14-2003, 09:50 PM
That's what you get Bernie for switching sides!!! Serves you right!!!

ChiSox14305635
10-14-2003, 09:54 PM
I was listening to the Score all day, and Boers/Bernstein & North/Buffone were bragging and saying this one was in the bag, and that no way would Prior lose tonight. What's the old saying:

DON'T COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH!

The dish of the day at NBC Tower (Score HQ): Crow. :smile:

HawkDJ
10-14-2003, 09:57 PM
This is great but remember, the series isn't over yet.

LuvSox
10-14-2003, 10:05 PM
The Goat takes on a human form!!!!!!

ChiSox14305635
10-14-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ

Very true Hawk, but you know their spirit may have been broken tonight! And if the Marlins get any type of lead tomorrow, you know Beckett is in there to finish it. It's anybody's game now.

vegyrex
10-14-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ

True, but Prior was their best shot to win. Wood is beatable.

The mo is with the fighting fish!!

Come one Marlins string up them Flubs!!!

I also prayed to Babe Ruth.

I didn't hurt. :D:

melissainthecity
10-14-2003, 10:12 PM
My first post ever on this board...

Anyone watching Dusty's news conference? His only explanation is that this guy was a Marlins fan. He might want to check this out!

LuvSox
10-14-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by melissainthecity

Anyone watching Dusty's news conference? His only explanation is that this guy was a Marlins fan. He might want to check this out!

Welcome aboard, AND, the Cubs suck!!!!!

melissainthecity
Is he really going to blame this on that guy? This is truly pathetic!!!!

Daver

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

oheeoh...magglio
10-14-2003, 10:14 PM

Hey, welcome aboard!!! Good night to be a sox fan!! :)

melissainthecity
10-14-2003, 10:14 PM
obviously a long time lurker!

HawkDJ
10-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Very true Hawk, but you know their spirit may have been broken tonight! And if the Marlins get any type of lead tomorrow, you know Beckett is in there to finish it. It's anybody's game now.

All true, and believe me I'm excited after this game. I'm just trying to remind people this could very easily mean NOTHING if the Cubs win tomorrow.

ChiSox14305635
10-14-2003, 10:17 PM
Welcome!!!!

The ghosts of '69/'84/'89 are lurking nearby!

If they choke on this one, this would be one of the biggest choke jobs ever! This would have to rank right below the Red Sox from '86.

Lip Man 1
10-14-2003, 10:17 PM
Give Florida credit, they've made a series out of it.

Can they do it one more time?

You wonder what in the world that fan was thinking of? Maybe if he caught the ball he was going to throw it back??? LOL

Lip

vegyrex
10-14-2003, 10:18 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=257828

http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/extra2/worshippy.gif http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/extra2/worshippy.gif

OEO Magglio
10-14-2003, 10:24 PM
I thought if the Marlins won tonight, no matter what they had this series, right now they've just stole all the momentum, I think the Marlins will win tomorrow, GO FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChiSox14305635
10-14-2003, 10:28 PM
IMPLODE!!!

:)

TornLabrum
10-14-2003, 10:31 PM

We know that if the Cubs were the 2003 Sox, they'd go out and play corpseball tomorrow night. However, Dusty isn't Gen. Disarray.

voodoochile
10-14-2003, 10:33 PM
I am watching the game with my buddy, Tom in Ohio. Tom doesn't really understand baseball, Chicago style. It's the top of he 8th 1-away, Marlins are losing 3-0. I say, "looks like the flubbies are going to the Series." Tom starts to sing...

"Na na na na
Na na na na
Hey hey hey
Good-bye..."

I immediately inform Tom that that song belongs to the Southside and cannot be used, abused or ever connected with the lovable blueclad, northside LOSERS, in any way.

10-minutes later the Marlins are winning...

:thankgod

FarWestChicago
10-14-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
We know that if the Cubs were the 2003 Sox, they'd go out and play corpseball tomorrow night. However, Dusty isn't Gen. Disarray. Remember Game 7 in the Series last year? That was Dusty and that was corpseball after a heartbreaking game 6. :D:

Clembasbal
10-14-2003, 10:44 PM
In all seriousness, I hope nothing happens to that fan. And stupid Cub fans are going to blame it on him.

Hey didn't BOZO drop a groundball to turn two? (I know you can't assume a double play ever - but maybe momentum changes back to the Cubs).

I hope the guy stays out of the limelight and is ok, but I do not wish the same for "Our Beloved Joke".

ChiSox14305635
10-14-2003, 10:44 PM
Omigod! On all the local newscasts, they're literally, at a loss for words!!! They were expecting to cover a championship rally, and instead they got CHOKE JOB 2003! They look like lost souls at this time! And that poor fan is gonna have to go to witness protection, 'cause there have already been a few Cubbie drunks going after this dude when he was being ushered away by Cubs security!

ROTFLMAO!!!

WhiteSox = Life
10-14-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I am watching the game with my buddy, Tom in Ohio. Tom doesn't really understand baseball, Chicago style. It's the top of he 8th 1-away, Marlins are losing 3-0. I say, "looks like the flubbies are going to the Series." Tom starts to sing...

"Na na na na
Na na na na
Hey hey hey
Good-bye..."

I immediately inform Tom that that song belongs to the Southside and cannot be used, abused or ever connected with the lovable blueclad, northside LOSERS, in any way.

10-minutes later the Marlins are winning...

:thankgod

I hope you encouraged the connection, then. With the Flubs losing, let him sing till his heart's content... Unless he sings like Tiny Tim's and Mrs. Miller's offspring.

:D:

StillMissOzzie
10-14-2003, 10:47 PM
I think Steve Lyons on Fox said it best: That the Marlins have stolen the momentum, and the pressure has shifted from the Marlins' backs, squarely on the Scrubs.

After 95 years without winning it all, and 58 years of not appearing in the WS, with the ghosts of '69, '84, '89, and '9?(whatever year it was they got in as wild cards only to be swept by the braves), they've gotta be getting thight sphincters!!!

LETS GO FISH!!!

:gulp:
SMO

SoxxoS
10-14-2003, 10:47 PM
Alex Gonzalez is lucky that foul ball insident happened, or the Cubs fans would want his head on a platter.

dpbyron
10-14-2003, 10:57 PM
"Amanda Juntunen, center, from Muncie, Ind., covers her face as the Marlins score three more runs during the 8th inning of their win over the Cubs."
(Tribune photo by John Lee)
October 14, 2003

PRICELESS!

bc2k
10-14-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by dpbyron
"Amanda Juntunen, center, from Muncie, Ind., covers her face as the Marlins score three more runs during the 8th inning of their win over the Cubs."
(Tribune photo by John Lee)
October 14, 2003

PRICELESS!

"Cubs fan shocked and awed to find out beer isn't sold outside of park."

MisterB
10-14-2003, 11:27 PM
That pic could be the Flubs version of our very own...

:ohno

I love it. :D:

ChiSox14305635
10-14-2003, 11:34 PM
I do believe that flushing sound is the Cubbies season coming to a sudden & abrupt end. :smile:

Kilroy
10-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by vegyrex
True, but Prior was their best shot to win. Wood is beatable.

Well, the Fish beat Wood on Friday, but they lucked out with the dp grounder that turned into a triple and won that one in extras. Wood is beatable, and if the Fish practice more of what they did tonight, taking more pitches, Wood will hang himself.

white sox bill
10-15-2003, 07:37 AM
That fan should be cantonized IMO. Gallas should offer him lifetime (hoping Fish win 2-nite) season tix and have him throw out opening pitch '04. He could be our next spokeperson!!