PDA

View Full Version : Documenting Reinsdorf's Failure

GoSox2K3
10-14-2003, 10:27 PM
I'm not even going to wait for the Cubs game to end. We all know they have this pennant won.....

Here's a list of all the teams that have won the pennant since Reinsdorf bought the Sox (teams w/ at least 1 world championship are in bold, numbers indicate multiple pennants): Cubs, Angels, Giants(2), Diamondbacks, Yankees (6), Braves (5), Padres (2), Marlins, Indians (2), Blue Jays (2), Phillies (2), Twins (2), Reds, A's (3), Dodgers (2), Cardinals (3), Mets (2), Red Sox, Royals, Tigers, Orioles, and Brewers!

Here are the list of the only other teams that have not won in the JR era: Pirates (last world championship in '79), Astros, Rangers, Expos, Mariners, Rockies, and Devil Rays.

If you think we've done alright by winning 3 division titles in that time, please note that the Pirates, Rangers, and Mariners have also won 3 division titles. The Astros have won 5. The Mariners have been able to advance past the ALDS 3 times - including an easy sweep of our team. Finally, I shouldn't list the Rockies and Devil Rays as our equals in futility because they've only been around since '93 and '98.

So, that leaves only 1 team that Reinsdorf has outperformed in his 22 years of ownership - the Expos, who are wards of the state. And we have equaled the success of the Rangers and Pirates. So, out of 28 teams, Jerry is tied for 27th in success. Way to go!!!!!

Also note these sad postseason stats for the White Sox:
- went 3 and out in 2000 playoffs
- last postseason win: 1993
- last postseason home win: 1959.

How can Reinsdorf sleep at night?

GoSox2K3
10-14-2003, 10:32 PM
When Reinsdorf bought this team, he inherited a team that had not won the pennant in 21 seasons (1960-1980). He ridiculed former ownership and promised to turn the Sox into a first class organization.

Now we have 23 Reinsdorf seasons without a pennant. He has outdone his predecessors in futility!

Gumshoe
10-15-2003, 12:29 AM
I'm dead sick of JR with all this crap happening. That punk A biotch should sell the team immediately. We of all fans deserve so much better. This Cub team is at best 4th best in the NL and they have a chance to win it all ... that is outrageous.

Does anyone know if this schmuck is ever going to sell? Or at least hire new guys that KNOW what they are doing. I hate life if Cubs win tomorrow. It's just not right.

Gumshoe

bc2k
10-15-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by GoSox2K3

Talk about bad timing for a new thread. GoSox, this one's going to get lost in the weeds tonight.

Brian26
10-15-2003, 01:13 AM
I'm not even going to wait for the Cubs game to end. We all know they have this pennant won.....

Here's a list of all the teams that have won the pennant since Reinsdorf bought the Sox (teams w/ at least 1 world championship are in bold, numbers indicate multiple pennants): Cubs , Angels, Giants(2), Diamondbacks, Yankees (6), Braves (5), Padres (2), Marlins, Indians (2), Blue Jays (2), Phillies (2), Twins (2), Reds, A's (3), Dodgers (2), Cardinals (3), Mets (2), Red Sox, Royals, Tigers, Orioles, and Brewers!

Let's hold off on this one until tomorrow night, brother.
Your list might be one team shorter. No predictions though, I'm just enjoying tonight.

hold2dibber
10-15-2003, 08:56 AM

Here's a list of all the teams that have won the pennant since Reinsdorf bought the Sox (teams w/ at least 1 world championship are in bold, numbers indicate multiple pennants): Cubs, Angels, Giants(2), Diamondbacks, Yankees (6), Braves (5), Padres (2), Marlins, Indians (2), Blue Jays (2), Phillies (2), Twins (2), Reds, A's (3), Dodgers (2), Cardinals (3), Mets (2), Red Sox, Royals, Tigers, Orioles, and Brewers!

Here are the list of the only other teams that have not won in the JR era: Pirates (last world championship in '79), Astros, Rangers, Expos, Mariners, Rockies, and Devil Rays.

If you think we've done alright by winning 3 division titles in that time, please note that the Pirates, Rangers, and Mariners have also won 3 division titles. The Astros have won 5. The Mariners have been able to advance past the ALDS 3 times - including an easy sweep of our team. Finally, I shouldn't list the Rockies and Devil Rays as our equals in futility because they've only been around since '93 and '98.

So, that leaves only 1 team that Reinsdorf has outperformed in his 22 years of ownership - the Expos, who are wards of the state. And we have equaled the success of the Rangers and Pirates. So, out of 28 teams, Jerry is tied for 27th in success. Way to go!!!!!

Also note these sad postseason stats for the White Sox:
- went 3 and out in 2000 playoffs
- last postseason win: 1993
- last postseason home win: 1959.

How can Reinsdorf sleep at night?

Truly depressing. We all obviously know that the Sox have gone a long, long time without a WS championship. But this really puts the futility of the Reinsdorf era into context. Very, very sad.

GoSox2K3
10-15-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Talk about bad timing for a new thread. GoSox, this one's going to get lost in the weeds tonight.

How about it! Hey, if my posting this thread somehow jinxed the Cubs, I'm glad to be of service :smile:

If the Cubs have a lead late in tonight's game, maybe I should start another new thread that jumps to the conclusion that they won. :D: