PDA

View Full Version : Twins pick up Koskie's '04 option

MHOUSE
10-14-2003, 08:00 AM
Koskie will make $4.5 mil next season for the Twins. The article said that the "cost-concious" Twins won't be able to keep everyone. Yeah it sucks to be able to win this division without spending any money. I sure wish some other teams could figure that out..... Also, maybe the Sox killers like Jacque Jones will be gone.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1635206)

Hangar18
10-14-2003, 08:10 AM
Keep this in mind..........
A few of those TWINS will find their way into Cub uniforms.
Jaque Jones, Pierzynski, Mientkiewicz will all very soon become
Cubs. and the Media will love it

MHOUSE
10-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

The Cubs could use Pierzynski and Jones for sure. With Randall Simon, Hee-Sop Choi, and possibly Karros, the Cubs seem set at first base.

RichH55
10-14-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
The Cubs could use Pierzynski and Jones for sure. With Randall Simon, Hee-Sop Choi, and possibly Karros, the Cubs seem set at first base.

Im praying the Cubs bring back Simon/Karros next year

Same mistake they made in 1998 and 1945....winning with people playing over their heads and then bringing them back and suffering the consequences.

If they wise up, they could deal for Vidro to play 2B, bring in AJ to Catch, and maybe sign a real 1B as well, even to play Choi somewhat....put a Hawkins in the bullpen....not good times then

fhqwhgads
10-14-2003, 11:40 AM
I was a bit surprised that the Twins re-signed Koskie so quickly. I thought (hoped?) they might try Cuddyer at third.

Originally posted by Hangar18

Hangar, have you always been this obsessed with Cubs/Twins connections/conspiracy theories, or it is just because of the "Messiah"? :?:

GO TWINS!

Hangar18
10-14-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads

Hangar, have you always been this obsessed with Cubs/Twins connections/conspiracy theories, or it is just because of the "Messiah"? :?:

GO TWINS!

Actually, since the Cubs are showing a Proclivity for getting players from weaker teams that cant afford their own players.
The Twins fall in this category, and seeing the holes the cubs have, and the potential free agents the Twins Have, its a Natural conclusion. By the way, if the Messiah is a Twinkie instead of a Cub, the Twinks would be writing the ultimate Cinderalla story in the playoffs for you guys. Thats too bad,
there are some good players over there (jones, hunter, mientkiewicz, among others)

CHISOXFAN13
10-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Someone want to tell me how Jacque Jones fits in with the Cubs?

ma-gaga
10-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Someone want to tell me how Jacque Jones fits in with the Cubs?

He strikes out a lot?
He's a free-swinging lunatic???

He can play defense, and his average/slugging are acceptable for his position, but he doesn't have the HR's to balance the strikeouts. 10 more homeruns and he's golden.

Koskie's a good deal. He looked hurt over the last month of the season and in the playoffs. If he can stay healthy, he's a good 3rd baseman. But he's already on the wrong side of 30, and I'm guessing this is his last year as a Twin.

sigh.

Hangar18
10-14-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Someone want to tell me how Jacque Jones fits in with the Cubs? \

their new LF'er

jeremyb1
10-14-2003, 03:04 PM
They were smart to keep Koskie. I'd say he's their best position player.

KingXerxes
10-14-2003, 03:25 PM
I agree that the Cubs are going to go after Pierczynski (sp?). They need a catcher who can hit, and this guys bats left handed to boot. The Cubs are too right handed of a team offensively.

ma-gaga
10-14-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
I agree that the Cubs are going to go after Pierczynski (sp?). They need a catcher who can hit, and this guys bats left handed to boot. The Cubs are too right handed of a team offensively.

I'll be absolutely pissed off if the Cubs get AJ...

I expect the Twins to bring back the same team next year, with the exception of Stewart, and possibly J.Jones. Stewart will be missed. Jones won't.

ma-gaga
10-14-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
I'll be absolutely pissed off if the Cubs get AJ...

I expect the Twins to bring back the same team next year, with the exception of Stewart, and possibly J.Jones. Stewart will be missed. Jones won't.

Maybe the Twins can trade J.Jones to the Sox for Carlos Lee!

Daver
10-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
Maybe the Twins can trade J.Jones to the Sox for Carlos Lee!

Whoa,quoting yourself?

What's next,referring to yourself in third person?

:)

ma-gaga
10-17-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Whoa,quoting yourself?

What's next,referring to yourself in third person?

nah... I'd have to be a moderator.