PDA

View Full Version : Marlin/Sox "save our franchise" Party at McNallys

Hangar18
10-13-2003, 03:37 PM
On the Southside, anyone down with going tomorrow nite?

Viva Magglio
10-13-2003, 04:05 PM
While a Cubs victory would be devestating, don't you think "save our franchise" is a little strong. I think that if the worst happens, it will strengthen our resolve as Sox fans.

Hangar18
10-13-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
While a Cubs victory would be devestating, don't you think "save our franchise" is a little strong. I think that if the worst happens, it will strengthen our resolve as Sox fans.

a bit tongue-in-cheek, but fun just the same

MarqSox
10-13-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
It's a little bit of an exagerration, but not much ...

Realist
10-13-2003, 05:33 PM
I manage a bar 4 blocks north of the Urinal (just far enough away that the stench is out of reach). Surprisingly, we get a very substantial number of Sox fans in there, but recently I've been in absolute hell. I have to go in there and be nice to all the recently transplanted-latte drinking-Gap wearing-band wagon jumping-morons that can't fathom why I simply cannot root for C*bs.

"Aw, c'mon... it's a CHICAGO team!!", they tell me. They have no idea how lucky they are that I'm fresh out of hand grenades.

Luckily two guys that work with me are are also Sox fans and we huddle together and comfort each other when the stupidity gets to be too much to deal with. I just look at the non-sports loving employees and say, "See, THIS is why I'm a Sox fan" when the yuppie scum are demonstrating what happens when you eat too much lead paint as a child.

I hope you guys have fun at McNally's and the Fish trounce the C*bs but I won't be able to make it down there. Keep Nick's Uptown in your mind for when the Sox play at the Urinal in '04 and I'll host a Sox fan aftergame party there for those of us that decide to invade the Urinal as well as northside Sox fans need a place to congregate (there's surprisingly more than you'd think).

In the mean time, please pray for me. I really am in hell when all those yahoos cheer every Cubs hit or Marlins out and I envy the members of the White Sox Nation that live out of state right now.

AMestan
10-13-2003, 09:49 PM
I talked to a good friend of mine who hangs in Mc Nally's a couple of times a week. He told me that Mc Nally's will be Marlin headquarters during the series. Tuesday night will be the usual Marlin festival. If the jerks win Mc Nally's will be the American headquarters for the series.

luvsox56
10-13-2003, 10:35 PM
I was there Sunday for the last few innings. Although it wasnt too crowded, it was a lot of fun and they do give out free beer for every marlins home run (thank you pudge and lowell). They also gave out shots after the win. I will be there again tomorrow with some friends. It is the ONLY place (besides my apartment) that I can go to watch the game where I dont have to worry about hearing any cheering for the Cubs.

TDog
10-14-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by luvsox56
I was there Sunday for the last few innings. Although it wasnt too crowded, it was a lot of fun and they do give out free beer for every marlins home run (thank you pudge and lowell). They also gave out shots after the win. I will be there again tomorrow with some friends. It is the ONLY place (besides my apartment) that I can go to watch the game where I dont have to worry about hearing any cheering for the Cubs.

In a more innocent time I couldn't imagine any circumstances when I would be rooting for the Yankees to win the World Series.

Realist
10-14-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Realist
I manage a bar 4 blocks north of the Urinal (just far enough away that the stench is out of reach). Surprisingly, we get a very substantial number of Sox fans in there, but recently I've been in absolute hell. I have to go in there and be nice to all the recently transplanted-latte drinking-Gap wearing-band wagon jumping-morons that can't fathom why I simply cannot root for C*bs.

"Aw, c'mon... it's a CHICAGO team!!", they tell me. They have no idea how lucky they are that I'm fresh out of hand grenades.

Luckily two guys that work with me are are also Sox fans and we huddle together and comfort each other when the stupidity gets to be too much to deal with. I just look at the non-sports loving employees and say, "See, THIS is why I'm a Sox fan" when the yuppie scum are demonstrating what happens when you eat too much lead paint as a child.

I hope you guys have fun at McNally's and the Fish trounce the C*bs but I won't be able to make it down there. Keep Nick's Uptown in your mind for when the Sox play at the Urinal in '04 and I'll host a Sox fan aftergame party there for those of us that decide to invade the Urinal as well as northside Sox fans need a place to congregate (there's surprisingly more than you'd think).

In the mean time, please pray for me. I really am in hell when all those yahoos cheer every Cubs hit or Marlins out and I envy the members of the White Sox Nation that live out of state right now.

Ahhh... I pee on the C*BS s since theY door I was born.

Since then WE ALL PISS OUR BRAINS OUT ON EVERY SNGLE ONE ONF OF YOU SLACK JAWWED BAGGED LICKING STARBUCK'S LICKING SLACKJAWED HUMANLESSS YUPPIE SCUM.

Hangar18
10-14-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Realist

Keep Nick's Uptown in your mind for when the Sox play at the Urinal in '04 and I'll host a Sox fan aftergame party there for those of us that decide to invade the Urinal as well as northside Sox fans need a place to congregate (there's surprisingly more than you'd think).

I know your pain brother. I worked at the Hard Rock when I was in College. stupid cub fan tourists every day in that place. I plan on opening a bar someday, and trust me, I will not tolerate
cubness in my place, no matter How Popular the media makes
them. Alas, the Task At Hand.....I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
going to McNallys Tonite. South Side safe house