PDA

View Full Version : Is this $%#@ for real?

Tom in Boston
10-13-2003, 01:21 PM
http://www.lptrixie.com/lifestyles/features.asp?id=166

mandmandm
10-13-2003, 01:22 PM
NO!

Tom in Boston
10-13-2003, 01:24 PM
The more I read on that site, I'd guess not, but nothing - absolutely nothing is below these sorts of folks.

TornLabrum
10-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Tom in Boston
http://www.lptrixie.com/lifestyles/features.asp?id=166

Read some of the featured articles, though. I did a few months ago Whoever put the page together knows his/her Trixies.

Hangar18
10-13-2003, 01:29 PM
wow, theyve covered all the Angles. Just another of the Many Many Reasons Im glad im not a cub fan.

FarmerAndy
10-13-2003, 01:31 PM
It's a total joke.

The Lincoln Park Trixie site has been making a joke out of north siders for years now. The site is absolutely hilarious. Sometimes truth makes the best humor. Good stuff.

oheeoh...magglio
10-13-2003, 01:32 PM
Good Lord.....I think the title of this thread says it all....typical dumb cub fans, nothing surprises me with them anymore...

Tom in Boston
10-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Their Open Letter to Cubs Management is pretty priceless too:

http://www.lptrixie.com/lifestyles/features.asp?id=98

kittle42
10-13-2003, 01:40 PM
I have read that site before, and it's pretty accurate and pretty funny.

The thing about it being a parody is that it doesn't even need to be one - I mean, it's completely true. Isn't parody somewhat false?

cheeses_h_rice
10-13-2003, 01:45 PM
It's a joke, trust me.

woodenleg
10-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Absolutely a satire - and spot on.

But whoever writes it and whoever writes on the boards also knows their south side.

Peggy Gallagher is priceless.

Also, it's been pretty dead lately, leaving me to believe that Sox fans and / or Cub-haters are too depressed to write satire.

Chisox353014
10-13-2003, 02:13 PM
"Rod is just so cool; I love his collection of fitted Cubs caps and his extensive inventory of Cubs Jerseys! He's got Sosa, Farnsworth and even Sammie!" claimed Erin as she grabbed for another Miller Lite.

Priceless. :D:

bc2k
10-13-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
It's a total joke.

The Lincoln Park Trixie site has been making a joke out of north siders for years now. The site is absolutely hilarious. Sometimes truth makes the best humor. Good stuff.

They keep referring to "Trixies" throughout the article. What is a "trixie"?

alohafri
10-13-2003, 02:50 PM
A Trixie is a fictitional young (usually Irish upper class)woman from the North Shore who now lives in Lincoln Park and drinks Starbucks lattes, has a great job in a prestigious company downtown, drives a Jetta, has a Kate Spade purse, and has (or is looking for) a rich "Trixie male" so she can quit her job, buy a house/condo in Lincoln Park and have babies that she can show off in a jogging stroller.

The site is a total parody; the satire is almost too real.

Drive around the North side near Wrigleyville and you will spot Trixies and Trixie males...they are all over the bars and at the Urinal. That's what's so funny about LPTrixies--they actually DO exist!

--Mrs. Aloha (who is Irish but never aspired to be an LPT)

Irishsox1
10-13-2003, 02:54 PM
A Trixie is slang for a person who lives in Lincoln Park, between the ages of 22 and 35, has a job downtown, goes out to the bars and is a Cubs fan. Like a Yuppie, but not so 1980's. Like a new term for Yuppie. And a Chad is the frat guy, 22 to 40, who also works downtown, likes to bag a lot of chicks and is also a big Cub fan, even though the dude just moved from Iowa.

woodenleg
10-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Starbucks, Starbucks, Starbucks.

FanOf14
10-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
Drive around the North side near Wrigleyville and you will spot Trixies and Trixie males...they are all over the bars and at the Urinal. That's what's so funny about LPTrixies--they actually DO exist!

--Mrs. Aloha (who is Irish but never aspired to be an LPT)

I work with one - they do exist. I, too, am an Irish chick and never had the urge to be an LTP either! :D:

doublem23
10-13-2003, 05:35 PM
Hahahahahaha.... I still love the whole bit they did on Mark Grace's butt... Man, that site is freakin' hilarious.

bc2k
10-13-2003, 06:37 PM
Thanks Mrs. alohafri, thanks IrishSox, very vivid descriptions. I understand the term yuppie, and now understand trixie. But one question on these trixies: Has the Jetta driving been eclipsed by the BMW Mini Cooper? Do current trixies look down upon "out of date" trixies driving Jettas? Do Jetta drivers feel shame driving in Lincoln Park for not being able to keep up with the "Joneses", I mean, the "Chads".