PDA

View Full Version : Fish: Just get me to game 7...

Kilroy
10-13-2003, 08:48 AM
That's all I ask.

How easily this thing could be 3-2 Marlins right now instead of 3-2 Scrubs. The Fish pissed away that game Friday night when they had multiple chances in that one.

They need to find a way to win tomorrow. In the name of all that is holy. Just get it to game 7. Anything can happen then.

I don't think I can take another 2 weeks of this bull****.

MarqSox
10-13-2003, 08:55 AM
And if the Flubs must win, at least make them use up their pitchers. Last night's win was huge because, aside from the obvious extension of the series, it means Prior will not be able to start Game 1 of the WS. Win tonight and same would go for Wood. Win them both and I can finally relax. :D:

Hangar18
10-13-2003, 09:57 AM
Assignment for Marlins is HUGE. All the need to do, is bench
Derek Lee (he sucks), and NOT SWING AT THAT BOGUS Outside
Pitch he has. He uses that slider type pitch on the Righthanders All day long, to get an easy strike. Then, the fastball HIGH for the easy strikeout. Take that pitch away, and hes a 2 pitch pitcher. They MUST NOT SWING AT THAT pitch. if they dont,
The Messiah Must Then COme in the strike zone, and the Marlins have a chance. the Other assignment is to KEEP Pirate CF Kenny Lofton Off base. If they walk ANYONE, the games over.
Walks turn into runs. IF they do this, they can win the game
2-1. if the Series is tied 3-3, THEY WILL BEAT WOOD. DID ANYONE SEE HOW TERRIBLE HE LOOKED? The Guy is clearly running on Fumes, and was exhausted. Wood wont win anymore games throughout the series, the guy is Tanked. All the K's and IP's, are adding up

Dan H
10-13-2003, 10:08 AM
Game 7 would be great even if the Cubs win. Let their fans sweat a little. They are already having nightmares about 1984. But beating both Wood and Prior is a really tall order. Burnout from these two is what we really need. Just stay away from Wrigleyville if you value your life.

Hangar18
10-13-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Dan H
Game 7 would be great even if the Cubs win. Let their fans sweat a little. They are already having nightmares about 1984. But beating both Wood and Prior is a really tall order. Burnout from these two is what we really need. Just stay away from Wrigleyville if you value your life.

ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS BEAT THE MESSIAH. If they GEt BY HIM, THESE FISH ARE BEATING WOOD and going to the SHow.

KingXerxes
10-13-2003, 10:13 AM
The most amazing dynamic at work here is the fact that the media (and not just the Chicago media) is treating the Cubs in the World Series as a fate accompli. I've got news for all these folks out there - They were one game away with three to go in 1984 as well.

If the Cubs were up 3-0 with four left to play in Wrigley Field, then I would say that it looks like a predetermined fate, but in no way is it such a stretch to think that they could drop these two games in Wrigley. Granted the Marlins aren't the greatest road team under the sun, but the Cubs aren't the greatest home team either.

The odds are against Florida winning both to be sure, but it's not like those odds are 15,000 to 1. Let's say the Marlins are +200 in tomorrow's game and then are +175 if they go to game 7. Parlay the two in order to get the odds of them winning both, and you come up with approximately +725 (or slightly better than 7 to 1). That's not that big of a longshot, and one - if I were a betting man - would take a shot at.

poorme
10-13-2003, 10:13 AM
The Cubs could easily blow this. I have a feeling they will.

harwar
10-13-2003, 10:38 AM
I don't know where all this opptimism comes from.I don't see how they can possibly blow this with proir & wood going.What we need is 2 more guys like Josh Beckett(GOD BLESS HIM).
I've already made plans to go to norway till december if the cubs go to THE WORLD SERIES.
I can't just keep drinking and hope it all goes away or i'll never live to see spring training.

GO FISH!!! GO FISH!!! GO FISH!!!

KingXerxes
10-13-2003, 10:56 AM
I'm not sure "optimism" is the right word in my case. I'm only pointing out that the odds of the Cubs losing both are not so huge as to render a Florida fan hopeless. Two wins in a row happens all the time, and if you're able to get about 8-1 on it - so much the merrier.

Kilroy
10-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by harwar
I don't know where all this opptimism comes from.I don't see how they can possibly blow this with proir & wood going.

Well, my one reason for optimism tomorrow is that Prior is due to have a bad outing. He hans't lost a game since 9/11. Will he tomorrow?? I'm praying.

If I had to guess, I'd say Prior won't be rattled by the magnitude of the start, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. I think that Wood would defintely be affected by the magnitude of starting game 7 to get the Cubs to the series for the first time in 57 years.

So get me to game 7, and I'll take my chances.

Hey Viva, you're familiar with the curse that Boers and Bernstein put on Kurt Warner, right? I say we make a few calls and get a hex on Prior...

34 Inch Stick
10-13-2003, 12:00 PM
It is not really about Prior or Wood. The Fish start Carl Pavano tomorrow. If the Cubs pitched Estes I would not feel comfortable backing the Marlins.

This series is over.

TDog
10-13-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by harwar
I don't know where all this opptimism comes from.I don't see how they can possibly blow this with proir & wood going.What we need is 2 more guys like Josh Beckett(GOD BLESS HIM).
I've already made plans to go to norway till december if the cubs go to THE WORLD SERIES.
I can't just keep drinking and hope it all goes away or i'll never live to see spring training.

GO FISH!!! GO FISH!!! GO FISH!!!

If I had to live among gloating Cubs fans, I too would consider fjords a better idea.

It was important for the Marlins to get the series to game 6 to make Prior pitch again, and now it will be important for the Marlins to force the series to game 7 to make Wood to pitch again. Make them work, throw a lot of pitches and it will catch up with them. The Marlins beating Prior and Wood in Chicago sounds unlikely.

Still, wouldn't it be sweet if that is precisely how the Cubs failed to make it to the World Series this year? Wouldn't it be the MO of the franchise? Wouldn't it loom large in Cubs legend, along with being 8 1/2 games up on the perennial doormat Mets in August and two games up with three to go in the best of five to the expansion Padres?

It would be fun to watch Cubs fan cry. I would love to see the cute Cubbie bear with a tear in its eye run large on the front page of the Sun-Times. And by spring, Cubs fans would consider the season just one more reason their team is so lovable.

Viva Magglio
10-13-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Hey Viva, you're familiar with the curse that Boers and Bernstein put on Kurt Warner, right? I say we make a few calls and get a hex on Prior...

Does anybody have Priestess Miriam's phone number? That is who we need to call. I will tell you that I did perform a curse of my own upon Cubbiedom Sunday that has worked so far. I don't want to jinx it by giving you details.

I realize that beating Prior and Wood is very much a tall order, but is this a case of counting chickens before they hatch or what?

Brian26
10-13-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
I don't think I can take another 2 weeks of this bull****.

Preach on, brother. Preach On.

StillMissOzzie
10-14-2003, 12:43 AM
I'd sure love this to go to a game 7, just to see the Scrub fans get real tight sphincters. While it is a tall order to ask them to beat Prior, the weather report is for MUCH cooler weather by tomorrow night. This could nullify some of the Prior advantage.

The Marlins aren't scared of Kerry Wood, either. Note that when he left game 4, the Scrubs were behind. I liked some of the comments the other day by McKeon & one of the Marlins' coaches that were in the Cubune last Friday or Saturday. Something along the lines, and I'm paraphrasing here, of "What was he, 14-11?" and "Well yes, I guess we'll show up to play", the sarcasm clearly inferred. Don't know if he's running on fumes, hangar, but if this goes to a game 7, I think the Scrub fans SHOULD be worried.

Won't be able to make it to McNally's, but here's an extra chug for you all that do go.
LET'S GO FISH!!!

:gulp: :gulp:
SMO

SoxxoS
10-14-2003, 01:24 AM
Prior and Wood are both due to have a bad game. IF Prior loses tomorrow, I think the Cubs lose the series. I don't think Kerry Wood can pitch under all that pressure. We aren't just talking World Series pressure...we are talking '84 pressure. We are talking game 7 pressure. We are talking 95 years of pressure...

The Marlins don't have any of that crap to worry about if there is a game 7...

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be. Prior has been unhittable for about 3 months now, and nothing he has or the Fish have done will make me think differently. The only thing the Marlins have going for them is it's baseball and anything can happen.

Come on Fish, just get to a game 7. Pavano-YOU NEED TO STEP UP BIG.

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-14-2003, 02:04 AM
:gulp: I am drinking heavily!
:gulp:

bc2k
10-14-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
While it is a tall order to ask them to beat Prior, the weather report is for MUCH cooler weather by tomorrow night. This could nullify some of the Prior advantage.

Why does the cooler weather nullify some of the Prior advantage? I'm not arguing otherwise, just wondering.

white sox bill
10-14-2003, 07:45 AM
Wanna tick flub fans off? When they bring up Richard Pryor/Ferry Wood thing say the following: "Yeah, Prior would look good in a Sox uniform!" If looks could kill, we'd all be dead!!