PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* MUST WIN! Fightin' Fish vs. Evil Empire Game 5 Thread

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 03:33 PM
I've always wanted to start one of these lol.

Must win today boys. Zambrano vs. Burnett.

GO FIGHTIN' FISH!!! Keep this thing alive and see what happens.

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 04:45 PM
1-2-3 first inning, and FINALLY the cubs don't score in the 1st inning. Good start, Marlins look ready to fight for their playoff lives today, and the crowd sounds like they are really into it.

GO FIGHTIN' FISH!!!

MRKARNO
10-12-2003, 04:50 PM
It would be a VERY pleasant surprise if the Marlins came back and won this thing, but I'm not really expecting anything from them except a good fight

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
It would be a VERY pleasant surprise if the Marlins came back and won this thing, but I'm not really expecting anything from them except a good fight

Agreed, but i'm expecting them to win today at least.

emaholic
10-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Is anyone else annoyed that Zambrano pumps his fist and celebrates after every, single, inning?

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by emaholic
Is anyone else annoyed that Zambrano pumps his fist and celebrates after every, single, inning?

I wonder about anybody who ISN'T annoyed when he does that crap.

bc2k
10-12-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by emaholic

Was it Bonds who let Zambrano know that he didn't like that unnecessary celebration?

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Sosa, your such a wuss, don't yell stuff at the pitcher, then you strike out, corky sucks!

Viva Magglio
10-12-2003, 05:44 PM
Beckett comes up and in on Sosa, and Ivan Rodríguez calms Sosa down. Pudge is a mindgamer.

Think Zambrano will come up and in next half-inning?

DrCrawdad
10-12-2003, 05:51 PM
The Cubbie, what a bunch of hypocritical #usssies!

The Cubbies led baseball batters hit by pitch. They've got their messiah talking bragging about how he throws up and in.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-12-2003, 05:54 PM
Zambrano is having control trouble. If Florida doesn't capitalize soon, their prospects for winning this game are very poor.

Viva Magglio
10-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
The Cubbie, what a bunch of hypocritical #usssies!

The Cubbies led baseball batters hit by pitch. They've got their messiah talking bragging about how he throws up and in.

Maybe we should hire Don "The Animal" Zimmer as our manager so that he can take Wood and Prior next time they throw at us.

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Maybe we should hire Don "The Animal" Zimmer as our manager so that he can take Wood and Prior next time they throw at us.

LOL!

balboner
10-12-2003, 06:11 PM
How can anyone actually like this Cubs team? Between their racist, hypocritical manager, steroid-using, cork abusing tool in RF, and their other losers like Lofton, Simon, and Zambrano, this team is totally classless.

inta
10-12-2003, 06:15 PM
how the hell is Lofton a loser?
give me a break, this guy is playing his heart out.

i hate the cubs as much as the next guy, but i respect competence. which lofton has in no short supply.

love or hate baker, but he's done for the cubs in one year what manuel couldnt do for the sox in 7.

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by inta
how the hell is Lofton a loser?

He told my brother to "go to bed" when he asked him for an autograph. That's a loser in my book.

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 06:23 PM
2 run homer Mike Lowell, and the flubs trail 2-0

PaleHoseGeorge
10-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Lowell!

2-0 Fish!

LuvSox
10-12-2003, 06:25 PM
(Cubs suck. Always have, always will.)

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 06:26 PM
Come on Fish, work WITH the billy goat, you can do it!

LuvSox
10-12-2003, 06:29 PM
You gotta luuuuuuv it when the pinch hitter whiffs!!!!!!!!!!

balboner
10-12-2003, 06:44 PM
To me, Lofton is a loser cause of something he said to a news reporter along the lines of that he didn't like playing for the Sox and doing well last year because he grew up a Cubs fan. If this is true, he's a loser in my book.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-12-2003, 06:52 PM
Pudge!

3-0 Fish!

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 06:54 PM
Pudge again!!!

3-0 FIGHTIN' FISH!

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 06:54 PM
Everyone....remember 1984.....

MRKARNO
10-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Everyone....remember 1984.....

Or the 1986 Angels for that matter

Lip Man 1
10-12-2003, 07:03 PM
If Lofton made those remarks it seems to me to be another example of what I've said...players don't want to play for the Sox unless they have no other choice.

Hmmm....I wonder why that is Uncle Jerry?

Lip

SoxxoS
10-12-2003, 07:10 PM
Josh Beckett isn't a stud or anything...

StillMissOzzie
10-12-2003, 07:11 PM
CONINE THE BARBARIAN!

4 - 0 FISH!!!

The Fox guys had a stat that said 3 out of 21, since they went to a 7 game LCS format, have come back from 3 - 1.

IT CAN BE DONE!!!

JRIG
10-12-2003, 07:12 PM
If you're the Marlins, do you come back with Carl Pavano tomorrow or stick with Penny.

I'd go with Pavano, I think.

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Home run by Conine!!!

4-0 Fightin' Fish!!

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
If you're the Marlins, do you come back with Carl Pavano tomorrow or stick with Penny.

I'd go with Pavano, I think.

Oh, I think they have to go with Pavano considering how terrible Penny looked in game 2.

LuvSox
10-12-2003, 07:17 PM
Oh, I think they have to go with Pavano considering how terrible Penny looked in game 2.

Our hopes of crushing the Evil Empire rest on the shoulders of Carl Pavano? Yikes.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Shammy trying to hit a grand slam to tie it?

Too bad nobody was on base.

:)

DrCrawdad
10-12-2003, 07:22 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/dcrosby/.Pictures/W_Flag_Large.gif
:winner :D: :D: :D: :gulp:

StillMissOzzie
10-12-2003, 07:23 PM
AND THAT'S A MARLINS WINNER!

Beckett goes the distance in a 4 - 0 masterpiece!!!

:gulp: :gulp:

SMO

And now the Fox stat is the 5 out of 20 have come back from a 3 - 2 deficit to win their LCS. Hope gets better!!

It ain't over yet!!!

LETS GO FISH!!!

:D:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-12-2003, 07:24 PM
What a team player that Sammy is. Three mighty hacks... to hell with getting on base.

If the Flubbies didn't have Prior and Morning Wood, where would they be?

:nandrolone
"Right back in the crapper where they always were."

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 07:25 PM
Marlins win 4-0, and Beckett calls Sosa "ignorant." WOO HOO!!

LuvSox
Zambrano = Loser. HAHAHAHAHAHA :D: :D: :gulp: :D:

Saracen
Woohoo!!! Go Marlins!
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-12-2003, 07:27 PM
...and Beckett calls Sosa "ignorant."

Hey! I missed that!

Details, please. Juicy, juicy details, please!

:cool:

MRKARNO
10-12-2003, 07:28 PM
I've been kinda surprised at how little the ball has been handed to Pavano. I would be surprised if he didnt go for game 6

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Hey! I missed that!

LOL Josh Lewin asked Beckett about how he threw 100 after Sosa yelled stuff at him, and Beckett was like "Look, that was ignorant on his part, I wasn't throwing at him."

StillMissOzzie
10-12-2003, 07:30 PM
Hey! I missed that!

Yeah, me too. Was this during the post-game interview w/ Josh Lewin? I can't hear my TV when I'm on the PC

PS: But, it does sound like the Yankmees - BoSox game is to be cancelled tonight. Too much water on the field, etc.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-12-2003, 07:32 PM
LOL Josh Lewin asked Beckett about how he threw 100 after Sosa yelled stuff at him, and Beckett was like "Look, that was ignorant on his part, I wasn't throwing at him."

Damn straight. If he was throwing at Sosa, he would have aimed behind his head like Pedro did yesterday in Boston.

That pitcher who cracked Sosa's helmet last spring has done everyone a favor. Now the entire league knows where Shammy's weakness is. Who is surprised to learn it lies directly between his ears? LMAO!

:corker
"I only cheat when I feel insecure... 365 days a year!"

oheeoh...magglio
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Yeah, me too. Was this during the post-game interview w/ Josh Lewin? I can't hear my TV when I'm on the PC

PS: But, it does sound like the Yankmees - BoSox game is to be cancelled tonight. Too much water on the field, etc.

See my last post for those, but yes it was during the postgame interview with Josh Lewin.

StillMissOzzie
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I've been kinda surprised at how little the ball has been handed to Pavano. I would be surprised if he didnt go for game 6

Per Al Leiter, he thinks Pavano has had the hotter hand, so that's who he thinks will go vs. the Scrubs in the Urinal. Of course, anybody is available on an as-needed basis.

GO FISH!!!

:gulp:
SMO

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Who is surprised to learn it lies directly between his ears? LMAO!

HEHEHEHEHEHE :)

kermittheefrog
10-12-2003, 07:36 PM
I sure do love playoff baseball. That game by Beckett was absolutely sick.

Vsahajpal
10-12-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Of course, anybody is available on an as-needed basis.

SMO

Except the best pitcher in the NL East, Josh Beckett.

Lip Man 1
10-12-2003, 07:50 PM
There's no way Pavano beats Prior but as was pointed out earlier him having to pitch Tuesday night means he can't go three games in the series.

That could be a major difference.

Lip

kermittheefrog
10-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
There's no way Pavano beats Prior but as was pointed out earlier him having to pitch Tuesday night means he can't go three games in the series.

Lip

We've seen Pedro Martinez knocked around in the playoffs this year. If he's mortal then everyone else is too. Prior can be beaten.

JohnJeter
10-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Does anyone get the feeling it will be either "Cubs in 6" or "Fish in 7" at this point? Pressure totally transfers to Cubs if Marlins somehow get a W vs. Prior.

MRKARNO
10-12-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
Does anyone get the feeling it will be either "Cubs in 6" or "Fish in 7" at this point? Pressure totally transfers to Cubs if Marlins somehow get a W vs. Prior.

I'm feeling the same way!

Dadawg_77
10-12-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

Any given baseball game, while the odds are long it could happen.

Brian26
10-12-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
We've seen Pedro Martinez knocked around in the playoffs this year. If he's mortal then everyone else is too. Prior can be beaten.

He's due to be beaten, too.

Let's face it, Game 6 is the big game here. If the Fish can somehow, someway rise to the occassion and do something incredible, the momentum going into Game 7 would be incredible. Wood can be beaten, he's ripe for the pickings in Game 7 with the pressure of '84, '69, and the 58-yr World Series absence on the back of Wood. Wood folds in a heartbeat on Wednesday night if it goes that far. Hopefully Pavano can pitch the game of his life (if he gets the nod), and Prior somehow comes back to Earth. Fish need to score first on Tuesday night.

It's set up to be the biggest choke in the history of the franchise if it happens. Way bigger than '69 or '84.

MRKARNO
10-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Any given baseball game, while the odds are long it could happen.

Prior has looked mediocre for Prior lately. I think he could be in line for a loss

DrCrawdad
10-12-2003, 08:06 PM
1984 = 2003?

I don't expect a repeat of the Cubbie 1984 nosedive, but that sure Wood be sweet!

http://www.ruffwork.com/Art/images/fingers-crossed-2.jpg

mike squires
10-12-2003, 08:08 PM
Brina, you stole my thunder! Prior and Wood are both due for a poor outing AND Florida need to score early. They also need to execute better...move the runner along on a bunt or steal a base. Bako is no Irod! Go Fish.

cheeses_h_rice
10-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Good work, Beckett. Loved the way you drilled down "deep" (i.e. 2 centimeters) into Sham-ME*'s fragile skull. Hopefully the Marlins starters will take today as a template for how to pitch the fat ****ing piece of **** Flubs batters.

Do I sense a shift in pressure/momentum? Perhaps I do. In any event, the Marlins could be setting up the Yankees for a relatively easy World Series matchup should the Flubs win, as they'll now have to cash Prior again and possibly Wood in game 7.

Go Fish.

Dadawg_77
10-12-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Good work, Beckett. Loved the way you drilled down "deep" (i.e. 2 centimeters) into Sham-ME*'s fragile skull. Hopefully the Marlins starters will take today as a template for how to pitch the fat ****ing piece of **** Flubs batters.

Do I sense a shift in pressure/momentum? Perhaps I do. In any event, the Marlins could be setting up the Yankees for a relatively easy World Series matchup should the Flubs win, as they'll now have to cash Prior again and possibly Wood in game 7.

Go Fish.

Series doesn't start til Sat, so Prior could pitch game one. But hopefully he will be on the gold course that day.

cheeses_h_rice
10-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Series doesn't start til Sat, so Prior could pitch game one. But hopefully he will be on the gold course that day.

Oops, didn't know the Series was starting that late. I guess that makes sense, since either LCS could go 7 games.

Damn.

:)

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-12-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Go Fish.

Beckett brought Corky to his knees and told him to... well you know hehe

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by BroadwyBabyMiami

That was great!!! He throws at his head, then strikes him out!! I was going crazy, my cub loving family was pissed, but hey I didn't care lol. Great, great, great performance by Beckett, hopefully Pavano/Penny (I think Pavano) keeps it up in game 6.

GO FIGHTIN' FISH!

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-12-2003, 11:58 PM
I dont really think it was intentional but even if it was i dont care cuz that Cabs hit sure as hell was intentional IMO.

Sosa was Beckett's lil b*tch today

oheeoh...magglio
10-13-2003, 12:05 AM
I dont really think it was intentional but even if it was i dont care cuz that Cabs hit sure as hell was intentional IMO.

Sosa was Beckett's lil b*tch today

Oh, the ball that hit Cabrera apperared to be a clearly intentional act. And everybody was Beckett's little b*tch today.

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-13-2003, 12:17 AM
I think Pavano will be stellar on Tuesday and like i said on another thread... if they swtich Lee and Lowell on the line up we should get a lot more runs. with bases loaded and 2 outs Lee did nothing. all i could think was nnnoooo lowell was so close. Mike is a big RBI man and a much better clean up hitter than Lee right now. At least lee's D hasnt gone down. he is absolutely phenomenal at 1B but hasnt been clutch at all this series. He has the stuff to bring in runs he just has to find it again.

oheeoh...magglio
10-13-2003, 12:22 AM

LOL HEY!! I just got that....i'm soo slow, that's pretty sick, but o well, the teenage mind has a naturally sick sense of humor LOL :D:

oheeoh...magglio
10-13-2003, 12:24 AM
I think Pavano will be stellar on Tuesday and like i said on another thread... if they swtich Lee and Lowell on the line up we should get a lot more runs. with bases loaded and 2 outs Lee did nothing. all i could think was nnnoooo lowell was so close. Mike is a big RBI man and a much better clean up hitter than Lee right now. At least lee's D hasnt gone down. he is absolutely phenomenal at 1B but hasnt been clutch at all this series. He has the stuff to bring in runs he just has to find it again.

I agree, they need to switch Lowell and DLee in the lineup order, but they have to keep DLee in because he plays great d, had a heck of a play today, and he looks like he could bust out of his hitting funk at any given moment. And I think Pavano will be solid on tuesday as well, I just hope that's good enough to beat Prior....

oheeoh...magglio
10-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Oh one more thing Broadway, if the Marlins somehow win this series, do you have World Series tickets???

bc2k
10-13-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
1984 = 2003?

I don't expect a repeat of the Cubbie 1984 nosedive, but that sure Wood be sweet!

http://www.ruffwork.com/Art/images/fingers-crossed-2.jpg

It sure Wood be sweet.

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-13-2003, 12:33 AM
I agree, they need to switch Lowell and DLee in the lineup order, but they have to keep DLee in because he plays great d, had a heck of a play today, and he looks like he could bust out of his hitting funk at any given moment. And I think Pavano will be solid on tuesday as well, I just hope that's good enough to beat Prior....

yes D Lee is fan-f**king-tastic at 1B (anyone else thinking gold glove?) which is why i say switch instead of bench. i also believe he is going to explode out of slump with full force. when mike got injured Lee's HR average shot through the roof. which reminds me... Mike Lowell is god

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-13-2003, 12:36 AM
Oh one more thing Broadway, if the Marlins somehow win this series, do you have World Series tickets???

i would sell my ovaries for Marlins World Series tickets lol. sadly i seriously doubt i will be watchin from anywhere other than the comfort of my living room couch... or a watch party

oheeoh...magglio
10-13-2003, 12:36 AM
yes D Lee is fan-f**king-tastic at 1B (anyone else thinking gold glove?) which is why i say switch instead of bench. i also believe he is going to explode out of slump with full force. when mike got injured Lee's HR average shot through the roof. which reminds me... Mike Lowell is god

Lowell has hit the game winning home runs in 2 games this series, if he does it 2 more times, he WILL be god lol. Are you guys going to try and resign Lowell or Rodriguez?? I really hope you guys try and keep this team together, they could overtake the Braves empire next year IMO.

oheeoh...magglio
10-13-2003, 12:38 AM
i would sell my ovaries for Marlins World Series tickets lol.

Wow that's an.....interesting....thought :o: LOL.

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-13-2003, 12:43 AM
Wow that's an.....interesting....thought :o: LOL.

lol sorry i forget most people aren't use to my humor :cool:

we sure as hell better resign lowell. as for pudge he says he wants to stay. i can see why... he lives in miami, the ball club is great and they treat him well, he has done wonders for our pitching staff and gets a lot of respect from them... however he would have to take a huge pay cut. if he in fact takes the pay cut and stays here merely for the fact that he loves it then i will have renewed faith in baseball players. I would still understand if he left but i dont want him to go :whiner:

oheeoh...magglio
10-13-2003, 12:46 AM
lol sorry i forget most people aren't use to my humor :cool:

we sure as hell better resign lowell. as for pudge he says he wants to stay. i can see why... he lives in miami, the ball club is great and they treat him well, he has done wonders for our pitching staff and gets a lot of respect from them... however he would have to take a huge pay cut. if he in fact takes the pay cut and stays here merely for the fact that he loves it then i will have renewed faith in baseball players. I would still understand if he left but i dont want him to go :whiner:

Nah, don't worry about your humor. Trust me, i'm definitely used to that kind of humor lol. As for the fish....I think Pudge is going to stay, especially considering he says he wants to. I think the fish would have traded Lowell if they didn't think they could resign him. Either way, you have excellent young pitching, and can always put Cabrera at 3rd if Lowell leaves. And man, i'd take a huge "pay cut" and make 10 mill a year or whatever to live in Miami lol.

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-13-2003, 12:56 AM
yes miami is quite a spectacular city :cool: still plenty of time to hit the beach before it gets slightly chilly

i have no fear about resigning lowell. yes even if we did trade him we would still have Cabrera who is also spectacular wherever he plays (can you believe starting at RF for the very first time in your life during the playoffs no less) that kid can do it all.

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-13-2003, 12:59 AM
i believe lee will be traded next season. thats very sad becuase he is the best first baseman we have ever had... but conine can move to first with cabs taking his usual spot in left and mike at third.
hopefully niner can fill those gigantic shoes Lee wears lol.

oheeoh...magglio
10-13-2003, 01:00 AM
yes miami is quite a spectacular city :cool: still plenty of time to hit the beach before it gets slightly chilly

i have no fear about resigning lowell. yes even if we did trade him we would still have Cabrera who is also spectacular wherever he plays (can you believe starting at RF for the very first time in your life during the playoffs no less) that kid can do it all.

What's "slightly chilly" 70 degrees?? LOL! Miami is a great city, even though i've only been there once :(: One day, i'm moving down to miami, although i'll miss my white sox, and definitely chicago for that matter. :(: . Actually, Cabrera reminds me of Pujols. He can play several positions on defense, and he just kills the ball at the plate. Great young player, only 20 years old???? My goodness....you guys are going to be so good in a couple years.

oheeoh...magglio
10-13-2003, 01:02 AM
i believe lee will be traded next season. thats very sad becuase he is the best first baseman we have ever had... but conine can move to first with cabs taking his usual spot in left and mike at third.
hopefully niner can fill those gigantic shoes Lee wears lol.

I think Conine will be a good replacement for DLee, but he's getting older, so I think you need to breed a permanent replacement in your minor league system, or sign one in free agency. But hey, we will trade you Paul Konerko for DLee if you want :D: .

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-13-2003, 01:06 AM
lol i think you guys are more interested in Ozzie Guillen. I love the guy and would like him to stay but hey manager is better than 3rd base coach and if we have to lose him to somebody it might as well be the chisox

oheeoh...magglio
10-13-2003, 01:08 AM
lol i think you guys are more interested in Ozzie Guillen. I love the guy and would like him to stay but hey manager is better than 3rd base coach and if we have to lose him to somebody it might as well be the chisox

Actually a lot of people around here don't want ozzie as our manager. But I would be very happy to have him. He seems like a mixture of a players manager who could teach and have his teams ready for every game. Plus he's a former white sox great :D: so that's always a plus.

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-13-2003, 01:14 AM
Ozzie is great with the players. he's right in there with the others in the celebration pits (been a lot of those this season hehe) getting a chest full of cleats. He has picked up Cabrera and Pudge during many a celebration at third base. Very enthusiastic guy and he lifts their spirits during bad games (one of many reasons why the Marlins are the Come Back Kids)

oheeoh...magglio
10-13-2003, 01:17 AM
Ozzie is great with the players. he's right in there with the others in the celebration pits (been a lot of those this season hehe) getting a chest full of cleats. He has picked up Cabrera and Pudge during many a celebration at third base. Very enthusiastic guy and he lifts their spirits during bad games (one of many reasons why the Marlins are the Come Back Kids)

That all sounds very encouraging if we were to get him as manager. I feel kinda bad taking him from you guys, but we need him big time. Plus, with your talent and McKeon as manager, I don't think losing Ozzie will hurt you a whole lot.

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-13-2003, 01:21 AM
Like i said if we had to lose him to someone it should be the White Sox and plus i would be happy for him.
I think with McKeon and most of our current players we will dethrone Atlanta for the first time in what? 12 years now?
excelent *my burns voice*

oheeoh...magglio
10-13-2003, 01:35 AM
Sorry for the delayed reply, my computer messed up. Well thanks for the kind words about the white sox, and yeah, you will dethrone the braves finally for sure next year I think. But hey, it's hard for me to have sympathy for the marlins since you WON A WORLD SERIES IN 1997 AND WE CAN'T WIN ONE IN 86 YEARS!!!! :)