PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Fighting Fish vs. Evil Empire Critical Game 4 thread

SoxxoS
10-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Let's go fish!!!

Ride the D-Train. Make them regret that trade even more.

Viva Magglio
10-11-2003, 06:57 PM
LET'S GO MARLINS!!!

Viva Magglio
10-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Initial thread posts in stereo. I think we need Opps. to merge these.

oheeoh...magglio
10-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Come on D-Train, throw strikes, make them hit the ball.

oheeoh...magglio
10-11-2003, 07:12 PM
*#@*)(#@$)(@#*)@)#@$!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Viva Magglio
10-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Now I know how Santo felt when Brant Brown dropped the ball.

SoxxoS
10-11-2003, 07:14 PM
And that is what happens when you start rookies in the playoffs.

Looked like freaking Neal Cotts out there.

Cubs vs. Yankees?

:chunks

Bisco Stu
10-11-2003, 07:14 PM
The D-train just crashed.

Flubs/Skankees World Series.

I can't take it...

Viva Magglio
10-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
The D-train just crashed.

Flubs/Skankees World Series.

I can't take it...

The Cubs merely making the WS will be bad enough. They could get swept out of them by the Yankees, and it would not matter.

A.T. Money
10-11-2003, 07:16 PM
Go Yankees I guess.

Jjav829
10-11-2003, 07:16 PM
Unbelievable. Simply Unbelievable. The Marlins pitching staff sucks! Do they have a rule that they have to give up atleast a run in the 1st inning or something? I know the Cubs are good at scoring in the first inning, but this is unbelievable. $23 down the crapper on a Marlins cap. :angry: :angry:

oheeoh...magglio
10-11-2003, 07:20 PM
Come on guys, calm down. The D-Train just needs to settle down, and if the marlins can't score 4 or 5 runs with clement starting, they don't deserve to win.

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-11-2003, 07:27 PM
#$%^%*^%!!. i know everyone jumped on the bandwagon with dontrelle but he angers me sometimes. he is really good when he's good and horribly horribly bad when he's not. he gets better through out the game but by then its usually too late.

as for those cubs yanks in WS comments... this is no where near over. do i have to remind you how resiliant the marlins are? its like they arent satisfied until their fans are screaming for a medic by the nint inning. their games are so incredibly exciting. dont give up.. they never do.

white sox bill
10-11-2003, 07:29 PM
How bad is this Flub infection? My neighboors on both sides of me are having people over tonight to watch game. I can't bear to hear them hoot and hollar when Gayboyz score, so here I am at work on a Sat PM!! All the bars are infected with flubmania too.
Good thing I've at least got an option to go into work and catch up on things!

Now c'mon Fish!!
(I'm starting to feel like a social misfit, and probably will until this thing is over and forgotten!)

oheeoh...magglio
10-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by BroadwyBabyMiami
#$%^%*^%!!. i know everyone jumped on the bandwagon with dontrelle but he angers me sometimes. he is really good when he's good and horribly horribly bad when he's not. he gets better through out the game but by then its usually too late.

as for those cubs yanks in WS comments... this is no where near over. do i have to remind you how resiliant the marlins are? its like they arent satisfied until their fans are screaming for a medic by the nint inning. their games are so incredibly exciting. dont give up.. they never do.

LOL I agree this is no where near over, but sox fans after 86 years of suffering, are understandably pessimistic about the teams we root for, in this case the fightin' fish. But this game, and series, is far from over. Marlins just need to fight back. Dontrelle had an easy 2nd inning, hopefully that will get him into the groove, and the offense just needs to chip away.

SoxxoS
10-11-2003, 07:31 PM
At least they got to go through the Yankees...

A little different than the Marlins and rookie pitchers...

ssang
10-11-2003, 07:35 PM
Now remember... the Cubs in '84 looked like a sure thing to make the series with a 2-0 lead. One friggin' game away! But the glorious San Diego Padres and Steve Garvey prevailed. And Leon Durham was a laughingstock as well.

The fact that the Cubs look like they're a sure thing again in '03 only will make it that much sweeter (just like '84) when they have a massive choke...even with Prior and Wood closing out the series. THAT SCENARIO WOULD BE THE BEST THING POSSIBLE. Now I predict a major meltdown will happen once again because after all...THEY ARE STILL THE CUBS! Only they truly have the ability to a grab a loss from the jaws of victory. Believe in Cub Loserdoom as it is very real and very powerful!. it's their destiny to fail. The White Sox will still have the last laugh!

Viva Magglio
10-11-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by BroadwyBabyMiami

Don't worry! We'll be with you after this series is over no matter what happens. As Sox fans, we tend to automatically think the worst the minute something goes wrong. This is due to our team having 86 consecutive years of frustration to varying degrees.

oheeoh...magglio
10-11-2003, 07:44 PM
Come on D-Train, get out of this and at least keep it a game.

oheeoh...magglio
10-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Don't worry! We'll be with you after this series is over no matter what happens.

Absoloutely. I agree 100 percent with you there. I hope this is a permanent alliance. As for this game..... :angry: **** THE CUBS!!!!!

Viva Magglio
10-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Absoloutely. I agree 100 percent with you there. I hope this is a permanent alliance. As for this game..... :angry: **** THE CUBS!!!!!

It is. I have already conveyed that message (http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8316) to our friends in South Florida.

kermittheefrog
10-11-2003, 08:10 PM
This sucks. Up 6-0 tonight with the tough members of the Cubs rotation pitching the last 3 games. I feel like the unfathomable is now inevitable. The Cubs are going to the World Series. Could things get any worse?

kevingrt
10-11-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
This sucks. Up 6-0 tonight with the tough members of the Cubs rotation pitching the last 3 games. I feel like the unfathomable is now inevitable. The Cubs are going to the World Series. Could things get any worse?

I can't even say the two words... and yes the Yanks or BoSox will stop them

white sox bill
10-11-2003, 08:31 PM
This truly SUX! I don't want to even venture out tonight with all the flubmania out there. I'm gonna cash in my chips for the PM.
What, pray God, have WE done to deserve this?

Sure, we poke fun at flub fans and players. We also poked fun at Ron Santo, but nobody ever wished him anything but the best in regards to his health. We ARE NOT racist, so that can't be it. If theres a God in heaven, why?

ChiSox14305635
10-11-2003, 09:07 PM
6 innings down, the Northsiders up by 5. Last 3 games would feature Prior & Wood.

Optimism Level=0.

The next 2-3 weeks are going to be gut-wrenching. I can't stand either of the remaining 3 teams in it. The Cubs for obvious reasons. The Yankees should be called the Raiders for stealing every other team's marquee player, and the Red Sox spend most of their time whining. All that's left:

COME ON BEARS! MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!! :whiner:

inta
10-11-2003, 10:07 PM
whatever, the marlins are a joke. the whole NL is.
cubs wont compete against a real (re: AL) team.

and if by some freak chance teh cubs do win the WS, i will never ever ever follow baseball again.

StillMissOzzie
10-12-2003, 12:35 AM
We really need the Marlins to make a series out of this, even though I have a dreadful feeling of inevitable here. At least make this series go 6 games, Fish!!!

I don't want the Scrubs to wrap this up in 5 while the Yankmee's and the BoSox go at it tooth and nail (literally, after today's game! ) and have their series go 7 games. That just lets the Scrubs rest up, get their rotation in order, and - I dread to even type out the rest...

Now, I need two
:gulp: :gulp:
SMO

Lip Man 1
10-12-2003, 11:10 AM
You'd rather have the Cubs clinch in Chicago?

Thank God for Hank Blayock and home field advantage for the American League.

Lip

bc2k
10-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
We really need the Marlins to make a series out of this, even though I have a dreadful feeling of inevitable here. At least make this series go 6 games, Fish!!!

I don't want the Scrubs to wrap this up in 5 while the Yankmee's and the BoSox go at it tooth and nail (literally, after today's game! ) and have their series go 7 games. That just lets the Scrubs rest up, get their rotation in order, and - I dread to even type out the rest...

Now, I need two
:gulp: :gulp:
SMO

Absolutely. Prior is scheduled to pitch game 6. If the Cubs win the fifth game of the series, that means Prior will be available to pitch games 1,4 and 7 in the Series. As I said on the Fish page, they need to win today and force Prior from pitching 3 games in the Series.

The Yankees/Sox will have no problem beating Kerry Wood. The Fish better show up today. :angry:

soxwon
10-12-2003, 01:59 PM
guys chill out.
so the cubs make the series!!!
the yankees will beat them, and IF the cubs win it, it will all pass in a year or so.
REMEMBER the ANGELS!!!
it wont be as bad as you think- in time Cub fans will get tired of telling sox fans off, they will be more arrogant, but after we win 4 out of 6 from them again next year, it will quiet down.
This is not the end of the SOX ok, just relax let NY do their thing.
da reverand

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
guys chill out.
so the cubs make the series!!!
the yankees will beat them, and IF the cubs win it, it will all pass in a year or so.
REMEMBER the ANGELS!!!
it wont be as bad as you think- in time Cub fans will get tired of telling sox fans off, they will be more arrogant, but after we win 4 out of 6 from them again next year, it will quiet down.
This is not the end of the SOX ok, just relax let NY do their thing.
da reverand

It will likely take longer than a year, but you are right, people are overreacting. I mean, if the cubs win it all, it's not like it's the end of the world. And besides, there is no way the yanks will lose to the flubbies.