PDA

View Full Version : Set Up

Blueprint1
10-11-2003, 03:03 AM
I dont know if this is true or now but ive been thinking. Looking at game 3 of the ALDS bost VS A's it seemed to me that one team had the umpire advantage. Now it seems to me that baseball wants a Cubs vs Yankees/Red Sox world series. I know say im a jelious sox fan or whatever but tell me on paper that this cubs team is that good. show me how they are. Im my honest opinon baseball is desprate. They konw that people that dont grow up with baseball hate the sport. ask my cousins from Ireland they coudnt believe how slow the game was. Baseball is a dieing sport only one thing could revive it is hype like this. I could be wrong but it sure seems that way to me. What are the chance that the wild card red sox and the not even 90 win cubs make the world series. To tell you the truth it makes me not want to watch baseball. (from a real baseball fan) not a hype fan.

CLR01
10-11-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
I know say im a jelious sox fan or whatever but tell me on paper that this cubs team is that good. show me how they are.

Who cares how good they are on paper. The games are not played on paper. On the field they appear to be good enough to be winning.

Blueprint1
10-11-2003, 09:07 AM
That calls at third in the oakland redsox game seemed pretty bad. and i know the games are not played in paper but that team just doesnt seem like a world series winner. It could just be me but their hitting seems less than average and their bullpen isnt good. that leaves good starters which other than two of them might even be considered less than average. Dusty baker must be a genius

MRKARNO
10-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Dusty baker must be a genius

He is the smartest manager ever to manage in baseball. Especially when he took russ ortiz out and went to the bullpen with a 5 run lead in game 6 of the world series, up, 3 games to 2, which as all of you know he lost.

voodoochile
10-11-2003, 01:32 PM
I dont know if this is true or now but ive been thinking. Looking at game 3 of the ALDS bost VS A's it seemed to me that one team had the umpire advantage. Now it seems to me that baseball wants a Cubs vs Yankees/Red Sox world series. I know say im a jelious sox fan or whatever but tell me on paper that this cubs team is that good. show me how they are. Im my honest opinon baseball is desprate. They konw that people that dont grow up with baseball hate the sport. ask my cousins from Ireland they coudnt believe how slow the game was. Baseball is a dieing sport only one thing could revive it is hype like this. I could be wrong but it sure seems that way to me. What are the chance that the wild card red sox and the not even 90 win cubs make the world series. To tell you the truth it makes me not want to watch baseball. (from a real baseball fan) not a hype fan.

Did the umps cause Byrne to not touch home plate? Did the Umps tell Tejada to stop running? Those plays cost the A's two outs in an inning where they were knocking Lowe around and cost them at least 2 runs in a game that went to extra innings tied at 1.

CHISOXFAN13
10-11-2003, 01:45 PM
I'm so sick of this conspiracy garbage.

Did you see the NLDS? The Braves got a lot of calls from umpires.

If people really feel the need to stop watching baseball because they believe it's fixed, then get lost.

voodoochile
10-11-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I'm so sick of this conspiracy garbage.

Did you see the NLDS? The Braves got a lot of calls from umpires.

If people really feel the need to stop watching baseball because they believe it's fixed, then get lost.

A little strong, but I agree. Why would you waste your time following a sport you believe is rigged?

RKMeibalane
10-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
A little strong, but I agree. Why would you waste your time following a sport you believe is rigged?

I agree. There is no proof that the umpires are diliberately controlling games. Besides, no one here would be complaining if the Sox had made the post-season, and were getting the favorable calls. Face it, guys. The Cubs got it done when they had to, and so, they are in a position to go to the World Series. The Sox didn't get it done. Neither did Atlanta or Oakland. That's the way it is. Complaining about it won't change anything.

Hangar18
10-11-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I agree. There is no proof that the umpires are diliberately controlling games. Besides, no one here would be complaining if the Sox had made the post-season, and were getting the favorable calls. Face it, guys. The Cubs got it done when they had to, and so, they are in a position to go to the World Series. The Sox didn't get it done. Neither did Atlanta or Oakland. That's the way it is. Complaining about it won't change anything.

True, but a Pitcher throwing consecutive Strikes to a Dangerous Hitter, but having them called BALLS, thereby Making Said Pitcher fall behind in the Count 2-0, instead of being Ahead 0-2 SURELY
changes the makeup of the AtBat doesnt it. The Hitter will be forced to Swing at the Pitchers OUT pitch, or his JUNK. Conversely speaking, if the batter is Ahead in the Count 2-0, he has a VERY GOOD SHOT at getting a Fastball, or at least getting something to HIT. I know the Umps arent hitting for teams, but this IS A WAY they can Influence Games. Its Happened. Ive Seen it.