PDA

View Full Version : From MarlinsBaseball.com

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-09-2003, 10:57 PM
I wanted to thank all of you who went to the marlins site to let us know you were rooting for us to kill the Flubs. I have honestly never rooted for any other team than the marlins (thats not hard since i am only 19 lol) and I always kinda like the White Sox. Now they are my second fav team. it feels so nice to be able to root for someone on the AL. your fans are the greatest.

I work at a Sports Shop in Miami and when a marlins fan comes in to buy gear (which is like every 5 seconds haha) i start chatting with them as i ring them up and i mention how half of chicago is rooting for us (the better half :D: ) and they are like woa thats awesome GO WHITE SOX! so you guys are making a few fans down here as well.

well just wanted to let you know i think you're awesome and you've made a fan out of me.

KILL THE SCRUBS

Daver
10-09-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by BroadwyBabyMiami
I wanted to thank all of you who went to the marlins site to let us know you were rooting for us to kill the Flubs. I have honestly never rooted for any other team than the marlins (thats not hard since i am only 19 lol) and I always kinda like the White Sox. Now they are my second fav team. it feels so nice to be able to root for someone on the AL. your fans are the greatest.

I work at a Sports Shop in Miami and when a marlins fan comes in to buy gear (which is like every 5 seconds haha) i start chatting with them as i ring them up and i mention how half of chicago is rooting for us (the better half :D: ) and they are like woa thats awesome GO WHITE SOX! so you guys are making a few fans down here as well.

well just wanted to let you know i think your awesome and you've made a fan out of me.

KILL THE SCRUBS

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-09-2003, 11:02 PM
thanks its great to be here :D:

JohnJeter
10-09-2003, 11:10 PM
"half of chicago is rooting for us"

That may be something of an overstatement, but I appreciate your enthusiasm.

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-09-2003, 11:21 PM
well i meant half of chicago wants the cubs to die lol. so i guess that means they are rooting for us for the time being. we appreciate the support non the less.

HawkDJ
10-09-2003, 11:31 PM
Welcome. It's great to have you here and it's great to see this unification of Marlins and Sox fans. :) Hopefully it lasts past this Cubs series.

dllrbll7
10-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Hey welcome if u guys promise to stick around here allittle bit even after u beat the scrubs i bet alot of us will throw our two senses or more in over on your side of the web thruout the year also. Go SOX, GO FISH!

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-09-2003, 11:42 PM
don't worry i swear by all my marlins memorabilia and sigs that i will be rooting for the white sox from now on.

PS if we loose ozzie guillen to anybody it should be you guys. dont want him to leave though. that guy is the shiznit.

pudge
10-10-2003, 01:19 AM
I think this whole connection has turned out to be pretty wild and is one of the great things about sports... I can say the Fish will have a special place in my heart forever if they knock off the Cubs... I was happy when they knocked off the Indians in '97, so this could be two in a row!

TDog
10-10-2003, 01:30 AM
Maybe the Miami media needs to report on how a sizable Chicago contingent is behind the Marlins. The national media seems to believe that the entire universe is in love with the Cubs.

When the Cubs fans come to town, don't let them push you around.

hsnterprize
10-10-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by TDog
Maybe the Miami media needs to report on how a sizable Chicago contingent is behind the Marlins. The national media seems to believe that the entire universe is in love with the Cubs.

When the Cubs fans come to town, don't let them push you around. You are so right on that one. It burns the living daylights out of me that the press makes it look like Chicago is having tons of orgasms over the Cubbies. Believe it or not, WGN did a story about Sox fans who aren't too keen on the Cubs' success. WGN out of all people...the World's most Gaudiest Network...Cub-love Central...actually acknowledging Sox fans. I've seen nothing similar to that on other channels here in town.

hsnterprize
10-10-2003, 06:43 AM

well just wanted to let you know i think you're awesome and you've made a fan out of me.

KILL THE SCRUBS Hey...welcome to the Sox jungle. I'm a member of the Chicago media (I work at a local radio station here), and unfortunately, there's nothing but Cub-love here. I try to point out that not every Chicagoan is a Cub fan, but I'm not only overwhelmingly outnumbered here at my station, but here in Chicago, too.

TWO WORDS...GO FISH!!!!!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Do a little dance...make a little love...get down tonight!!!!! By the way...welcome to WSI. We hope you enjoy your stay. We Sox fans are quite harmless...unless you start talking Cubs' drivel...then, we're not responsible for the damage you'll suffer.

Hangar18
10-10-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
"half of chicago is rooting for us"

That may be something of an overstatement, but I appreciate your enthusiasm.

I think Miami got it right the 1st time.......1/2 of CHICAGO is
NOT CHEERING FOR THE CUBS. I know im not doing what
the media is telling me to do. The Marlins are Truly Americas Team, The team with the American CAN-DO Spirit. The Cubs
are the Media Darlings who are an 11th hour Collection of Rejects and Giveaways.

Hangar18
10-10-2003, 07:45 AM

The MEdia wouldnt do report on Sizable Chicago fans cheering for the Marlins. WOuld Require WORK. Media are LAZY

MarqSox
10-10-2003, 08:09 AM

I just fired off an e-mail to the sports editors of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel and the Miami Herald, explaining our situation and that it would make a good story. I'll let you know if I hear back from them.

Hangar18
10-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
I just fired off an e-mail to the sports editors of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel and the Miami Herald, explaining our situation and that it would make a good story. I'll let you know if I hear back from them.

Nice job Marq. YOu shouldve given them my name and how to contact me. they could see Marlin fans in Action, in bars in chicago cheering for them

joejacksonsshoes
10-10-2003, 08:29 AM
I have always loved the Red Sox, second only to my White Sox, ever since the Series in '75. But I promise you Marlin fans now. When you finish off the Cubs I'll be cheering for you to kick their chowder lovin', baked bean eatin' asses, too.

Also. I want to say thank you to all of the people who post on this site, and especially it's creators. After speaking with my family and a few good Sox fan friends, I'm left to deal everyday with the cold cruel reality of rampant Cub-dumb mania, alone. It's rough out there. Thanks for having such a place where a simple, decent Sox fan can find such fine support and laughs.

To be a Sox fan in this town.

chosk8
10-10-2003, 08:42 AM
BroadwyBabyMiami welcome aboard.
For those of you who have signed up or even browsed through the Marlins site, you may have come across a picture of BroadwyBabyMiami. I haven't been here all that long, but I'm willing to go out on a limb and say the she is the hottest poster WSI has ever had. Fellas, she's a good one to have rooting for our team.

What do you think Hawk..
:hawk
Murcy.

MarqSox
10-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by chosk8
For those of you who have signed up or even browsed through the Marlins site, you may have come across a picture of BroadwyBabyMiami. I haven't been here all that long, but I willing to go out on a limb and say the she is the hottest poster WSI has ever had. Fellas, she's a good one to have rooting for our team.

Couldn't find the photo. A little help? :D:

Hangar18
10-10-2003, 08:58 AM
yeah, please Chosk, a photo as prof please. Dont pull a SunTimes/Tribune on us, state something that ISnt True, then
not prove it heh heh :smile:

chosk8
10-10-2003, 09:20 AM
Out of respect for her, I won't post the picture here on the site, but I will say if you navigate to the marlinbaseball.com website, go to the off-topic board and find the thread "Who's hotter...of these Members", go to page 2 of the thread, scroll down about half way down the page.

Right size, Right shape.

chosk8
10-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Oh, what the hell....Don't be mad BroadwyBabyMiami

Wow (http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7526&st=25)

Hangar18
10-10-2003, 09:35 AM
OMG. That girl is smokin'. And she speaks spanish too
you gotta love that.

Viva Magglio
10-10-2003, 10:48 AM
Thank you, Marlins fans for allowing us to come into your online home and join you in our common goal of seeing the Cubs defeated. The local media up here has done stories of Cubs fans invading South Florida. This is not Atlanta, however. This time, there will be a whole bunch of nasty Marlins awaiting the Cubs and their ilk.

valposoxfan
10-10-2003, 10:56 AM
We are living vicariously through you Marlins fans. It is a pleasure to be connected with your site and good luck down in Miami. We are behind you 100%. GO FISH!!!!

Viva Magglio
10-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
We are living vicariously through you Marlins fans. It is a pleasure to be connected with your site and good luck down in Miami. We are behind you 100%. GO FISH!!!!

I actually wish I was down there in South Florida to partake in the Marlins euphoria and help them beat the epitome of evil.

dllrbll7
10-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by chosk8
For those of you who have signed up or even browsed through the Marlins site, you may have come across a picture of BroadwyBabyMiami. I haven't been here all that long, but I willing to go out on a limb and say the she is the hottest poster WSI has ever had. Fellas, she's a good one to have rooting for our team.

What do you think Hawk..
Murcy.

Ya i rean across that pic last night and was in shock. Ive never meet any of the women on this board so i wont compare but shes definately isnt what i expect from a girl who knows her sports. The only bad thing is shes in Miami. Sorry if this all makes u uncomfortable Broadwybabymiami but it seems like u can handle it pretty well at marlinsbaseball.

SpringfldFan
10-10-2003, 01:16 PM
I absolutely love this Florida-(Southside) Chicago alliance that is forming. Welcome all you Marlins fans. Speaking of next year, those of you who are really serious about making the Sox your #2 favorite team, you may want to catch a Sox game or two when the play at Tampa Bay. It is a fact that there is quite a nice Sox fan presence down there, as Hawk (our announcer) has remarked. There are always plenty of Florida Sox fans at those games. It probably stems from the days the Sox used to have spring training in nearby Sarasota. For the record, I sure wish they were still in the grapefruit leage. Nothing beats early spring baseball in Florida.

Go Marlins - beat the C*bs!!

longshot7
10-10-2003, 01:36 PM
All you guys hitting on the Marlins poster. You're gonna scare her off.
We are so sleazy - I LOVE IT.

Go FISH!!! I loved 'em in 97 & love 'em now.

Jerko
10-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan

I wish I was behind BroadwyBabyMiami 100%.

:D:

alohafri
10-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Some of the Marlins fans are looking for ideas for signs to take to the games this weekend--go to Marlinsbaseball.com and give 'em your suggestions!!

GO MARLINS!!!!!

--Mrs. Aloha

CLR01
10-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
I wish I was behind BroadwyBabyMiami 100%.

:D:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=194987

Jerko
10-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=194987

Hey, I'm just trying to break the tension around here! Relax!

ChiSox21
10-10-2003, 02:49 PM
Marlins Fans rule, When the Marlins beat the Cubs i'll buy a $100 Mike Lowell Jersey and wear it to school every day once a week for the next 5 months. Thats how much i will appreciate the Marlins winning.

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

oh man how awesome would it be if they did a story on that. i wanted to email a known heralds sports writer (dan le batard) and correct him in his statement about the entire world being against us. the entire world was not stupid enough to be brainwashed (unfortunately it seems most were). most people told me that he wouldnt listen though so i decided not to waste my time with him specificly. i might email another writer from the staff instead.

i'm glad you made a point to email them. this must be heard.

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-10-2003, 05:22 PM
oh my dear god. my picture has traveled to this site too?? lolol i am slightly embarrassed. thank you for the complements though

yes i do know my sports and i play them rather well also. i havent played softball on a team in a long time because of an injury (whoever said baseball wasnt a contact sport should rot in hell and die lol. i am so violent when i get in the zone.) in fact i beat my ex in hockey (we were going out at the time) and he has been playing since he could crawl. he almost broke his stick he was so mad lol.

Konerkoholic
10-10-2003, 06:08 PM
A beautiful woman who can talk and play sports AND hates the Cubs? That's too good to be true. She would be the greatest woman in the world if it wasn't for Reese Witherspoon. (Sorry BroadwayBaby, I saw her first.)

oheeoh...magglio
10-10-2003, 06:53 PM
oh my dear god. my picture has traveled to this site too?? lolol i am slightly embarrassed. thank you for the complements though

yes i do know my sports and i play them rather well also. i havent played softball on a team in a long time because of an injury (whoever said baseball wasnt a contact sport should rot in hell and die lol. i am so violent when i get in the zone.) in fact i beat my ex in hockey (we were going out at the time) and he has been playing since he could crawl. he almost broke his stick he was so mad lol.

Good Lord, they don't make girls like that up here in the midwest, it's usually one or the other when it comes to being athletic and being very good looking. Wow, good to see you and other marlins fans are becoming white sox fans though.

GO FIGHTIN' FISH!!!

Realist
10-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
A beautiful woman who can talk and play sports AND hates the Cubs? That's too good to be true. She would be the greatest woman in the world if it wasn't for Reese Witherspoon. (Sorry BroadwayBaby, I saw her first.)

Please tell me that Reese Witherspoon hates the Cubs and loves the Sox.

On second thought, you better not. It'd just drive me crazy.

dllrbll7
10-10-2003, 08:47 PM
\ in fact i beat my ex in hockey (we were going out at the time) and he has been playing since he could crawl. he almost broke his stick he was so mad lol.

Hey I'm always up for a challenge but ill warn you ive been skatin since before i could crawl and played 2yrs of college. But u sound like your not the normal female hockey player, which is a good thing

Jerko
10-11-2003, 01:32 AM

Softball AND Hockey? And good lookin to boot? Boy I wish I was 10 years younger. Sorry about the Marlins tonight, but maybe if they knew who should cover 2nd with a man on first and a right handed hitter batting, they would not have given up a game winning 'triple' on what should have been a double play ball to the shortstop, who for some reason was covering 2nd with a man on first and his left fielder playing so far towards the line that he could not prevent a triple. (I just confused myself)

kingkirk04
10-11-2003, 02:11 AM
Awwwe.. Isn't this cute? I guarantee you guys won't give two craps about each other in 6 months.

CLR01
10-11-2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by kingkirk04
Awwwe.. Isn't this cute? I guarantee you guys won't give two craps about each other in 6 months.

:bart

PaleHoseGeorge
10-11-2003, 07:47 AM

LOL! If the Marlins don't win, this love affair won't last 6 days. OTOH, I still have a special place in my heart for Steve Garvey and the San Diego Padres--and that's been 19 years.

:mkillcub
"Put me in the game, Skip!"

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Viva Magglio
10-11-2003, 08:59 AM

Who the hell is this dork?

joejacksonsshoes
10-11-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Who the hell is this dork?

Obviously a Cub fan who has no appreciation for the status that White Sox fans grant to Cub killers! Steve Garvey foremost among them. Or of how long our memory lasts.

While we wait for the next Cub killer to emerge, we'll just have to appreciate the talents and posts from our lovely young friend from Miami. Anybody got a problem with that? I didn't think so.

By the way, the best damn t-shirt ever (seen during a game at Sox Park against the Cubs). SAMMY is a CORKSUCKER. Wouldn't that look great on a sign at Pro Player.

__________________________________________________ __

To be a Sox fan in this town.

oheeoh...magglio
10-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by joejacksonsshoes
Obviously a Cub fan who has no appreciation for the status that White Sox fans grant to Cub killers! Steve Garvey foremost among them. Or of how long our memory lasts.

While we wait for the next Cub killer to emerge, we'll just have to appreciate the talents and posts from our lovely young friend from Miami. Anybody got a problem with that? I didn't think so.

By the way, the best damn t-shirt ever (seen during a game at Sox Park against the Cubs). SAMMY is a CORKSUCKER. Wouldn't that look great on a sign at Pro Player.

Yes, and it would also look great being sold outside The Cell. I never saw that sold anywhere, but it's a great idea for a shirt. Right up there with the "Sosa Cork Company" shirts.

joejacksonsshoes
10-11-2003, 11:03 AM
I only saw the shirt (Sammy is a Corksucker) once. The guy was standing on the fan deck. I can only assume it was homemade.
Sounds like a great opprtunity for some entrepenuer.

To be a Sox fan in a town like this.

voodoochile
10-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by joejacksonsshoes
I only saw the shirt (Sammy is a Corksucker) once. The guy was standing on the fan deck. I can only assume it was homemade.

They were selling "Sammy sucks cork" shirts for a while.

hsnterprize
10-12-2003, 10:01 PM

yes i do know my sports and i play them rather well also. i havent played softball on a team in a long time because of an injury (whoever said baseball wasnt a contact sport should rot in hell and die lol. i am so violent when i get in the zone.) in fact i beat my ex in hockey (we were going out at the time) and he has been playing since he could crawl. he almost broke his stick he was so mad lol. They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway...

That's the 1st line from a great song called "On Broadway" by George Benson from the late 1970's. It's a remake, but I thought it was appropriate for this post. I like playing with words.

Wow...you beat your ex in HOCKEY?!?!??!? Whoa...what are you? A forward or defenseman? I hadn't played on the ice in a while, but if you ever come up here to Chicago, you're invited to skate with my line. The Blackhawks need someone like you on their team so they can have some heart. BTW...how are the Panthers doing? Not to mention, your picture looks AWESOME!!!!!

I appreciate you and the rest of the Marlins fans for not only showing your Cub-hating passion on our site, but allowing us Sox fans to join you on yours. MarlinsBaseball.com is like WSI...just with a hint of that South Beach flavor. Your site adds a little salsa to WSI, while we're adding a taste of Chicago deep dish to yours.

Congrats on the Marlins' win today. If it weren't for the Fish leaving the bases loaded twice last night, this could easily be a 3-2 Marlins lead in the series. And if that were happening, every Cub-loving dolt in press would be looking for anyone with half a bit of hope that the sCrUBS would somehow pull a comeback out their hats. It's gonna be tough on Tuesday with Mark Prior on the mound, but he's not superhuman. If the Marlins are patient, they can beat him.

I would LOVE to see the Marlins pull a "1984" on the Cubs like the San Diego Padres did back then. To fill you in on that year, the Cubs clinched what was then the N.L. East Division, and made the post season for the first time since they went to the World Series back in 1945. The NLCS that year was only a best of 5 series, and the Padres had home field advantage...why, I don't know. Anyway, games 1 and 2 were at Wrigley Field, and the Cubs won both games. Naturally, everyone who was either a die-hard Cub fan or a "Johnny..." or "Jenny Come Lately" was expecting a Cub win and a berth in the World Series. Well, the Cubs lost the next 3 games in San Diego, and is written in the history books here as one of the worst "chokes" in Chicago baseball history...right along with the collapse of the 1969 Cubs, who were 8 games ahead of the N.Y. Mets in the N.L. East that year in August...only to collapse and let the Mets win the division. The Mets would win the Series that year against Baltimore.

Sorry for the ramble, but it's good to know there are not only passionate Marlins fans who share our passion for hating the Cubs, but there are also good looking Cub haters out there too. Nothing against the lady WSIers, but you do look nice.

GO FISH!!!!!

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-12-2003, 10:39 PM
nice quote from On Broadway :D:

i am a defenseman (my slap shot is a hundred times better than my wrist shot and about 60% more accurate) but i rule as goalie. i blocked 13 of his shots in a row. this really upset him lol. Panthers won their first homegame... havent been following too closely thought cuz all my attention is focused on the fish right now.

i know about the 1984 series and i sure smell a San Diego like comeback right now. I believe in my team 100%. they got a hell of a lot of momentum from Beckett today. the only thing i think they should change is switch Lee and Lowell on the line up. too many clutch opportunities with Lee at bat and 2 outs. Lowell is an RBI man and a better clean up hitter right now. Lee is kiler at first though.

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 10:42 PM
nice quote from On Broadway :D:

i am a defenseman (my slap shot is a hundred times better than my wrist shot and about 60% more accurate) but i rule as goalie. i blocked 13 of his shots in a row. this really upset him lol. Panthers won their first homegame... havent been following too closely thought cuz all my attention is focused on the fish right now.

i know about the 1984 series and i sure smell a San Diego like comeback right now. I believe in my team 100%. they got a hell of a lot of momentum from Beckett today. the only thing i think they should change is switch Lee and Lowell on the line up. too many clutch opportunities with Lee at bat and 2 outs. Lowell is an RBI man and a better clean up hitter right now. Lee is kiler at first though.

Good Lord, you sound like a kick a** hockey player. I can't even ice skate :(: lol.

IF the marlins can somehow, someway find a way to defeat Prior, then I think they would win game 7. The pressure on Wood and the Cubs would be too much, and I have a feeling the goat would take affect. But with that said, beating Prior is a major task, but hey I BELIEVE. GO FIGHTIN' FISH!!!

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-12-2003, 10:54 PM
lol i dont know if i'm kick a$$ but i'm better than you'd expect from a girl. i dont skate that well either since i have flat feet and my ankles tend to lean in in an angle but i found something to stabalize them.

everyone on the marlins site had a pic of the goat as thier avatar during the game lol. i was doing my impretion of a goat at a watch party (its pretty good if i say so myself and i had some people thinking there was an actual goat in the restaurant. it was a riot with my friends.

oheeoh...magglio
10-12-2003, 10:59 PM
lol i dont know if i'm kick a$$ but i'm better than you'd expect from a girl. i dont skate that well either since i have flat feet and my ankles tend to lean in in an angle but i found something to stabalize them.

everyone on the marlins site had a pic of the goat as thier avatar during the game lol. i was doing my impretion of a goat at a watch party (its pretty good if i say so myself and i had some people thinking there was an actual goat in the restaurant. it was a riot with my friends.

LOL my avatar on there is still a goat....a goat impression huh?? I do a really good one, pisses me family off because they are all cub fans though :angry: . They are talking s*** to me, my own family lol. They have always kinda been mad at me for being a white sox fan, but now it's really bothering them but i don't care!!! **** the cubs. Marlins HAVE TO win the next two games, these guys can't be in the world series.

MarqSox
10-13-2003, 07:18 AM
The truth is spreading ... Marlins fan (with a kid in tow, no less) gets spit on by Cubs fan.
http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8370

dllrbll7
10-13-2003, 04:39 PM
I think this thread tiltle may need to be changed to "Hit on BroadwyBabyMiami From MarlinsBaseball.com" or just move half the posts into that one. But i think its great to have the extra input from all of u fish fans. Go FISH!

MiamiSpartan1
10-13-2003, 04:50 PM
FINALLY able to reactivate my account from a coule of years back. Changed e-mail addresses, and have had problems ever since. I grew up in DuPage as a White Sox fan, and have lived in South Florida for the past 12 years, and follow the Marlins in the National League, so it is really great to see fans of my two favorite teams getting together in their hatred of the scrubs!

I was at the Pro last night, and those scrub fans were typically arrogant. I even got spit on by one of them! (We were all singing "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" when the scrub fans were leaving early when it ws clear they were going to lose. It was pretty funny.. Go Sox, Go Fish!

Broadwy, what sports store do you work at down here? I've been to almost all of them recently looking for gear...(in vain).

MiamiSpartan1
10-13-2003, 04:54 PM
Ducis Rogers (one of the local sports anchors) grew up in Chicago on the South Side. One of the anchors asked him who he was routing for, since he was born and raised in Chicago. His answer was a very curt "I grew up on the South Side. I could never cheer for the Cubs." I laughed my fanny off! :smile:

BroadwyBabyMiami
10-13-2003, 09:33 PM
Broadwy, what sports store do you work at down here? I've been to almost all of them recently looking for gear...(in vain). [/B][/QUOTE]

Miami Lakes Sports Shop 6763 Main Street, Miami Lakes

we still have some marlins gear but not too much, they have been flying off the shelves. still have a lot of hats though, but no visors... i want that White Sox visor lol

Hokiesox
10-14-2003, 08:33 AM
Watching white sox fans fawn over a girl they've never met is slightly amusing. Maybe it's just because I'm married, but this has to be one of the more amusing discussions. "I've got a hard slapshot." "OH yeah?!? Mine is harder than yours." blah blah blah. All for a girl (broadway, you're cute, don't get me wrong) you all will most likely never meet. Wow, how the internet has warped us.

DSpivack
10-14-2003, 07:44 PM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I did read somewhere that guess whom was manager of the 1984 Padres?

None other than Jack McKeon.

Hokiesox
10-14-2003, 09:57 PM
uh, actually..it was dick williams. but thanks for trying.

Daver
10-14-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I did read somewhere that guess whom was manager of the 1984 Padres?

None other than Jack McKeon.

Originally posted by Hokiesox
uh, actually..it was dick williams. but thanks for trying.

Jack McKeon was the GM for the Padres.

DSpivack
10-14-2003, 10:04 PM
my mistake. thanks.