PDA

View Full Version : A's Free Agent Comments

Lip Man 1
10-09-2003, 06:13 PM
Miguel Tejada told a San Francisco newspaper todat that he'd like to play for Art Howe again. If true then he's bound for the Mets so you can scratch him off the Sox fans fantasy list.

Also this week's The Sporting News has a story on Eric Chavez, who will be a free agent after the 2004 season. Chavez says he'd like to stay with the A's but figures they probably aren't going to resign him.

Just FYI.

Lip

duke of dorwood
10-09-2003, 06:21 PM
The Mets have unloaded enuf guys to justify signing him

Dadawg_77
10-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Miguel Tejada told a San Francisco newspaper todat that he'd like to play for Art Howe again. If true then he's bound for the Mets so you can scratch him off the Sox fans fantasy list.

Also this week's The Sporting News has a story on Eric Chavez, who will be a free agent after the 2004 season. Chavez says he'd like to stay with the A's but figures they probably aren't going to resign him.

Just FYI.

Lip

The Mets won't sign him with Reyes at SS unless they want to repeat the same mistakes they made in the past few years.

poorme
10-09-2003, 07:20 PM
i don't mind talking about where tejada might wind up, as we all understand there is zero probability he plays for the sox next year.

how about the yankees - move jeter to 3rd
maybe the dodgers - they need offense
if the cubs win the WS, there's no excuse for them not to spend a little money.

Dadawg_77
10-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by poorme
i don't mind talking about where tejada might wind up, as we all understand there is zero probability he plays for the sox next year.

Jeter to Second and Soranio to CF and Williams to the corner is more likely then Jeter to thrid.

RichH55
10-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by poorme

If they can move someone around. then maybe...I thought they make take a chance on getting Vidro

soxwon
10-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Its ok we are going to get AROD.
ive been saying this since august and i wouldnt doubt me.

TDog
10-09-2003, 08:50 PM
Miguel Tejada told a San Francisco newspaper todat that he'd like to play for Art Howe again. If true then he's bound for the Mets so you can scratch him off the Sox fans fantasy list....

Did he say he wouldn't play for the Sox manager?

kraut83
10-09-2003, 09:24 PM
IMO Tejada is overrated and overpaid. The money to sign him could be more wisely used on solid pitching. I would stick with Jose, or mabye even sign this guy:

:hitless

"You can't spell clutch without R-O-Y-C.....uh, nevermind!"

34 Inch Stick
10-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Tejada is not coming here and we have our 3rd baseman of the future.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Giants took a shot at Tejada.

The Sox will end up with Valentin at SS and the Alomars. I don't think there will be any changes in the starting lineup. KW preety much backed this up when he said any additional money spent this year will be on pitching.

kraut83
10-10-2003, 10:43 AM

Mabye if the Sox negotiated Art Howe away form the Mets, then we would be in business!

Anyway, I don't see the Mets picking him up. The left side of their infield is pretty well set for a few years to come with Reyes and Wigginton.

Win1ForMe
10-10-2003, 01:43 PM
I believe Ted Lilly is arbitration eligible and I've read in a few places that the A's may not offer him arbitration and let him go. If I'm the Sox, that's the guy I take a look at.