PDA

View Full Version : Moronotti on Sox Fans: "They don't matter."

Viva Magglio
10-09-2003, 06:17 PM
Thanks to marlins02, one of our friends on MarlinsBaseball.com, who posted this (http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8240) about Jaybird on "Around the Horn" today.

Foulke You
10-09-2003, 06:35 PM
I saw that on their board as well. Moronotti is so friggin' two faced it isn't even funny. Wasn't it not too long ago that he was on the Sox bandwagon? Also, did he not say on his Opening Day article that we (the Sox) have the best baseball fans in Chicago? This of course, after calling us "Scum Sox" when the Sox pounded his precious Cubs in 2001. He changes his tune every other day it seems. What a tool. Now that his favorite Cubs and his favorite player Sammy are doing well, his true colors come out again.

:moron
"In the name of all things that are delicious like playoffs at Wrigley Field and Sammy's NLCS homers, you scum Sox fans don't matter. You simply wish that this much deliciousness existed for your team. In a perfect world, the White Sox wouldn't even exist."

thepaulbowski
10-09-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Thanks to marlins02, one of our friends on MarlinsBaseball.com, who posted this (http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8240) about Jaybird on "Around the Horn" today.

I think the people at "Around the Horn" have it wrong. "Around the Horn" doensn't matter. I would rather be forced to drink Zima while watching womens bowling that sit there and listen to these self-congatulatory sports writers talk about this stuff. Mariotte can't go five minutes without mentioned Micheal Jorder (he may have a non-sexual crush on him I don't know) Who cares what these idiots think. Mariotti talks out of both sides of his mouth everday. Then don't get me started on the boxing announcer Max who is trying to be cool and do sports talk on TV. He doesn't know much outside of boxing (which is about as fixed as the WWE). :angry: :angry:

OK...I'll calm down & digress.

Rocklive99
10-09-2003, 07:21 PM
I saw it live and it still made me mad, but I think he was kind of kidding when he said it. I'm used to it by now though, there's no point in fighting it, for some stupid reason no matter what some people will always think that way, so I don't care anymore. I'm just content with myself and some of my friends being Sox fans.

duke of dorwood
10-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Strange talk from one idiot trying to work for the Sox flagship

washington
10-09-2003, 08:14 PM
I quit reading him in the early '90s when he trashed the Bulls every year during the playoffs. David Wells had the perfect nickname for him

doublem23
10-09-2003, 10:43 PM

Didn't he write a column at the start of the year about how much better Sox fans are the Cub fans? Jackass.

Hangar18
10-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Didn't he write a column at the start of the year about how much better Sox fans are the Cub fans? Jackass.

I dont like his "columns" all that much. His work isnt so much a COLUMN, but more stream of consciousness on paper. I'll bet when hes finished, he has the HARDEST time coming up with a TITLE, because hes all over the place with his writing. Yeah,
even when hes Praising Us, he'll change like the Weather
once the other team starts Winning. Thank the Marlin Guys for us

ChiSox14305635
10-10-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by washington
I quit reading him in the early '90s when he trashed the Bulls every year during the playoffs. David Wells had the perfect nickname for him

What was the nickname?

Mariotti is by far the worst sportswriter I've ever seen write for the Sun Times or Cubune (and that includes Skip Bayless). He's the ultimate bandwagon fan who changes allegiances the way Elizabeth Taylor changed husbands. I saw Around the Horn today, and Woody Paige totally called him out about Sosa. Mariotti doesn't have an original idea of his own and feels the need to slam on whatever team is struggling, and to kiss butt whatever team is doing well. Here's hoping that if the Sox go all the way next year, that Big Frank (if he's still here) takes his massive forearm and shoves Mariotti out the clubhouse door. Trolls need not be in the presence of champions.

Oh, and one more thing: Why is it that on that show, every other newspaper has more than one person who can do the show, but we get constantly stuck with Mariotti? The LA Times trots out Adande & Plitzcker for the show, the Boston Globe had Ryan, Holley, & now Michael Smith. The Dallas News had Cowlishaw & Blackistone. Why can't Telander/Slezak/Couch do the show instead of Mariotti? I get tired of seeing that ugly mug on that show.

:discomoron

Oh, the lights are on. Time to go kiss Shammy's butt some more!

Viva Magglio
10-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
What was the nickname?

Kotex Boy

bobj4400
10-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Kotex Boy

hilarious...

and why would anyone waste their time watching Around the Horn? I have tried once or twice, but that show is an absolute disaster.

KingXerxes
10-10-2003, 11:15 AM
I will never forget the one and only time I watched "Around the Horn". I honestly thought that the show was some sort of Spinal Tap-type parody of sports talk shows. Only after about five minutes did I realize that these guys were actually serious. It was then that I came to the conclusion that there are simply too many channels on cable. If a show like this can make the cut and make it on to the air then I would pay big money to watch the train wrecks that rejected by the programming department.

dan
10-10-2003, 03:06 PM
He's a good columnist when he keeps a straight opinion. It really aggrivates me when he changes face though. It always seems like he is riding the popularity wave, writing about whomever has the hot hand in town, whether that be the Cubs or sox.

voodoochile
10-10-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by dan
He's a good columnist when he keeps a straight opinion. It really aggrivates me when he changes face though. It always seems like he is riding the popularity wave, writing about whomever has the hot hand in town, whether that be the Cubs or sox.

He's a what? *****! The Moron is a windsock and writes his column based on how much "talk" he can generate. He doesn't even do his own research. Bluntly speaking, he's a tool who can turn a clever phrase from time to time...

Hangar18
10-10-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by dan

Let me rephrase that. HES AWFUL. He writes things that are basic assumptions....like today "pull for the cubbies/red sox. All of America is, as evidenced by internet poll". How dumb can he be? everyone knows a poll like that is totally not Reliable.
So lets see here. He based his whole article and TITLE of his article on an Unreliable source (a journalistic Sin), threw some Fluff in there, some quotes from players FROM OTHER STORIES, some Rambling about what they might do, and PRESTO. Youve got a Junk Article. Lame. THE BEST WRITING HE EVER DID, as a SunTimes Writer, was during the WHITE FLAG TRADE, and during the STRIKE OF 94. He was BRILLIANT. HE RIPPED REINSDORF, The Cubs (they were a big part of the strike, though they arent as vilified) and all of the OWNERS for that one. EVERY TIME i read one his articles, I couldnt believe how much I liked what he was saying. MAN, the guy was DoubleBarrelling the owners. But that was it. He Never wrote anything that Poignant. HE DID TAKE A STEP OUT, something I thought was BRAVE and in the JOURNALISTIC FACE OF EVERY OTHER WRITER HERE IN CHICAGO AND NATIONALLY, when he wrote the Opening Day Article, SAYING SOX FANS WERE THE BEST IN THE CITY.
Hes been terrible all the other times

ChiSox14305635
10-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Kotex Boy

ROTFLMAO!!!