PDA

View Full Version : Funny article...

MarkEdward
10-08-2003, 10:36 PM
... on the NLCS.
http://www.baseballprimer.com/articles/hutcheson_2003-10-07_0.shtml

Sam Hutcheson is not a big fan of the Marlins-Cubs series.

By the way, Hawks win! Hawks win!

LauraJ14
10-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Hilarious article, I think I will send to my Cub fan friends!

voodoochile
10-08-2003, 11:23 PM
Damn funny article.

Vsahajpal
10-08-2003, 11:54 PM
What a f'n tool.

QueerGirrl
10-09-2003, 09:28 AM
This is hysterical!!! I love it!

Iwritecode
10-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by LauraJ14
Hilarious article, I think I will send to my Cub fan friends!

Originally posted by voodoochile
Damn funny article.

Originally posted by Vsahajpal
What a f'n tool.

Originally posted by QueerGirrl
This is hysterical!!! I love it!

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong...

Foulke You
10-09-2003, 01:21 PM
2 best quotes right here:

"Prediction: Alou cracks his skull open running into the walls in Wrigley and lies writhing in semi-consciousness for 20 minutes; Cubs fans are too drunk to notice."

"Corky vs. Juan Encarnacion: Do cork trees grow in Miami? Even if they don’t, surely they can get the ‘roids through customs down there, right?"

:)

soxfan26
10-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Sam Hutcheson is not a big fan of the Marlins-Cubs series.

What is this guy a fan of?

This article is horrible, it was like watching this guy projectile vomit all over the place.

Baseball for the thinking fan? Right...

DrCrawdad
10-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong...

VIC sure has been in a nasty mood. You'd think he'd be Mr. Happy since his festive boys in blue are in the post-season. Maybe he's suffering from the effects of Wrigleyville celebrations.

BTW how long before someone gets trampled by those moron ballhawks?

cheeses_h_rice
10-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Vic probably isn't happy that 99% of the posters here wish a quick, silent death upon his beloved Flubbies in the worst way.

Or maybe he's just unhappy to have to be lumped in with the tribal-tattoo-on-bicep-holding-a-beer-while-drunkenly-shouting-"SAMMY!"-crowd. I know I would be.

DrCrawdad
10-09-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Vic probably isn't happy that 99% of the posters here wish a quick, silent death upon his beloved Flubbies in the worst way.

Or maybe he's just unhappy to have to be lumped in with the tribal-tattoo-on-bicep-holding-a-beer-while-drunkenly-shouting-"SAMMY!"-crowd. I know I would be.

If anyone is coming here expecting me to be root-root-rooting for the Cubbies then they'll be seriously disappointed.

As I've said before, I don't dislike someone because they're a Cub fan. No way. Some of my best friends are Cub fans. But this is a White Sox forum, if a Cub fan posts here great. Just don't get your feelings hurt when people slam the Cubs or drunken moronic Cub fans. True not all Cub fans are drunken morons, but there sure is a large number of them. Thousands of them.

ADDENDUM:

I appreciate VIC's contributions here. VIC's posts about free agency, prospects, stats, etc. are insightful and I usually read his posts.

VIC, Les Grobstein - these Cub fans are treated respectfully here at WSI for the most part. Heck, even when Les comes here slamming the Sox and defending the Cub, he's debated but largely the debates are free from personal attacks.

What I want to know, are there ANY Cub forums where a Sox fan can post - defend the Sox from slander and comment on the Cub and be treated respectfully?

JohnJeter
10-09-2003, 03:15 PM
DrCrawdad--

http://wc4.worldcrossing.com/webx?14@108.ZCZbaeeKONG.455631@.ee8bb43

A couple people will make occasional references to the Sox, but for the most part they're nice folks. If you're looking for opportunities to defend the Sox against slander, you won't find much. They simply don't talk about the Sox much at all.

What you'll also find refreshing about this site is that are numerous knowledgeable Cub fans there- they are just as merciless on their team, organization, management, as we are on the Sox.

I spend most of my time on the Sox World Crossing board, but it can be pretty quiet at times.

DrCrawdad
10-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
DrCrawdad--

http://wc4.worldcrossing.com/webx?14@108.ZCZbaeeKONG.455631@.ee8bb43

A couple people will make occasional references to the Sox, but for the most part they're nice folks. If you're looking for opportunities to defend the Sox against slander, you won't find much. They simply don't talk about the Sox much at all.

What you'll also find refreshing about this site is that are numerous knowledgeable Cub fans there- they are just as merciless on their team, organization, management, as we are on the Sox.

I spend most of my time on the Sox World Crossing board, but it can be pretty quiet at times.

Thanks for the reference. I'll check it out.

From what I've observed on Cub discussion groups, if a person frankly admits to being a Sox fan then they can't say anything even slightly critical because they'll be attacked. If they post a response to some garbage said about the Sox or Sox fans, then again they'll be attacked.

From what I've observed, the way Cubbie fans VIC and Les are treated here is unique in that they're given a measure of respect. That won't happen in the world of Cub discussion groups, not that I've seen.

JohnJeter
10-09-2003, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't recommend making references to the "Urinal" or anything like that, but if you wanted to chip in a few thoughts about Dusty running Prior out there for the 8th, you'll have lots of company. They were even ragging about that during last night's blowout! Cracked me up and reminded me of certain other Chicago baseball fans.

They also don't spend much time talking about what idiots some of their fans are. They generally stick to baseball, with the exception of the off-topic thread threads.

DrCrawdad
10-09-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
I wouldn't recommend making references to the "Urinal" or anything like that, but if you wanted to chip in a few thoughts about Dusty running Prior out there for the 8th, you'll have lots of company. They were even ragging about that during last night's blowout! Cracked me up and reminded me of certain other Chicago baseball fans.

They also don't spend much time talking about what idiots some of their fans are. They generally stick to baseball, with the exception of the off-topic thread threads.

I don't use the "Urinal" in reference to Wrigley. I do like using Dave Wills, "The Shrine."

Although Kerry Wood is a member Cubbie UriNation.

http://homepage.mac.com/dcrosby/.Pictures/Wood%20Pee.gif

Hangar18
10-09-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
VIC sure has been in a nasty mood. You'd think he'd be Mr. Happy since his festive boys in blue are in the post-season. Maybe he's suffering from the effects of Wrigleyville celebrations.

Your not kidding. The guy comes off like a J E R K.
But Vic, you do know your stuff, I actually like reading your posts
cant believe im giving you a compliment, but hey, you know your
stuff

MarkEdward
10-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by soxfan26
What is this guy a fan of?

This article is horrible, it was like watching this guy projectile vomit all over the place.

Baseball for the thinking fan? Right...

Well, obviously it wasn't Primer's best effort. Hutcheson's just expressing his anger for the Wild Card and expanded playoffs. Of the four teams to make the NLDS, the two with the worst records are still playing.

Hangar18
10-09-2003, 05:38 PM
heck, Vic and some of the other silent cubbie types here (you guys know who you are) will be laughing last..... As they beat
us to the Series, and the Final Nail in the coffin will be Banged in.

Vsahajpal
10-09-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Actually, it's the article. I don't expect Sox fans to wish otherwise. What got my goat was the author ripping on Miggy Cabrera's .782 OPS. Are you kidding me!?! Is anyone watching this kid? 20 years-old, the next Albert Pujols/Magglio Ordonez. This kid is unbelievable. How many 20 y/o's are posting a .782 (actually .793 at the end of the year) at this level?

And where would either team be without Pierre and Lofton? Most likely on a golf course.

And then of course he doesn't even bother to mention Florida's best, I-Rod.

Just a bad article, seems like BP and Primer writers always go for that sardonic angle, just freakin' write.

DrCrawdad
10-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Actually, it's the article. I don't expect Sox fans to wish otherwise. What got my goat was the author ripping on Miggy Cabrera's .782 OPS. Are you kidding me!?! Is anyone watching this kid? 20 years-old, the next Albert Pujols/Magglio Ordonez. This kid is unbelievable. How many 20 y/o's are posting a .782 (actually .793 at the end of the year) at this level?

And where would either team be without Pierre and Lofton? Most likely on a golf course.

And then of course he doesn't even bother to mention Florida's best, I-Rod.

Just a bad article, seems like BP and Primer writers always go for that sardonic angle, just freakin' write.

You're right about Lofton and I tend to agree with your other comments as well.