PDA

View Full Version : This is just wrong

Iwritecode
08-30-2001, 12:11 PM
The Cubs are 4 games behind a team on a hot streak and they are worried about who might make the playoff roster?

Amazingly, I don't remember an article like this coming from the Cubune last year when the Sox where going into their 5th straight month of being in first place. They were all but guaranteed a playoff spot by then.

http://www.chicagosports.com/cubs/content/story/0,1984,160848,00.html

LuvChiSox
08-30-2001, 01:36 PM
It's so pathetic, it's almost funny!

KempersRS
08-30-2001, 02:01 PM
The Cubs are 4 games behind a team on a hot streak and they are worried about who might make the playoff roster?

Well they do lead the wild card race.

Iwritecode
08-30-2001, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Well they do lead the wild card race.

I just looked at the NL WC standings for the first time in a long time. The top 5 teams are all within 2 games of each other.

I don't think the Cubs should be thinking about the playoffs just yet...

voodoochile
08-30-2001, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

I just looked at the NL WC standings for the first time in a long time. The top 5 teams are all within 2 games of each other.

I don't think the Cubs should be thinking about the playoffs just yet...

Uhhhh... if the Sox were leading the WC race, would you be talking playoffs?

I bet they've had that article ready for a while and had to wait until the flubbies were actually IN the playoffs (as the standings sit at pulication time) to print it...

Iwritecode
08-30-2001, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Depends. How many games we are up, what kind of streak and schedule we have left and how many games are left.

If I were a Cub fan right now I might be thinking about them but I sure wouldn't be making out lineup cards and waiting in line for tickets. Just from the simple fact that they are the Cubs. Remember the ex-Cub factor. They are having problems beating Florida right now. Their offense has been struggling, and they've lost their #2 pitcher possibly for the rest of the year.

KempersRS
08-30-2001, 02:44 PM

Not at all, but from your original post you made it look like they had no chance and you didn't even mention the WC. I was just pointing it out.

Buddy_Bradford
08-30-2001, 02:54 PM
Just a reminder for the Cubbie faithful:

C:\Documents and Settings\Cubs1969.jpg

Iwritecode
08-30-2001, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Not at all, but from your original post you made it look like they had no chance and you didn't even mention the WC. I was just pointing it out.

You're right, I didn't even think about the WC. They aren't exactly running away with that either though...

I'm still wondering where I can find an article like this from the Cubune about last year's Sox...

rmusacch
08-30-2001, 03:23 PM
Get over it guys. There will always be a pro-Cubs, anti-Sox bias in the Chicago media and there is nothing that we can do about it.