PDA

View Full Version : Steve Lyons Thread

MetalliSox
10-08-2003, 08:57 PM
Seen some posts bashing "Psycho". I think he does a good job. Good color man with some personality.
Cool to listen to him defend the AL to Lieter and the other dude. Lieter saying that 3-2 games are better then 12-8 games and Lyons retorts, "I remember watching a 9-8 game last night that was pretty good."
Psycho layin the smack down!

poorme
10-08-2003, 09:03 PM
steve lyons amazes me every time he opens his mouth.

LuvSox
10-08-2003, 09:05 PM
Leiter is drowning Lyons out. :D:

Soxfan7070
10-08-2003, 09:12 PM
I thought Lyons was pretty rude for reading off a list yesterday of all the batters that had a very good batting average against Leiter. I mean wow that was so funny! That had absolutely had no place in the game yesterday.

bc2k
10-08-2003, 09:40 PM
Did anyone notice Lyons not saying a word about Sosa's unsportsmanlike conduct as he bunny hopped out of the box on his 9th inning home run? Yet this was the same man who ripped Manny Ramirez, for slowly walking to first base and pointing to his teammates after a 3 run home run.

I've loved Leiter's announcing this series, and have hated Lyons's.

OneDog
10-08-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Did anyone notice Lyons not saying a word about Sosa's unsportsmanlike conduct as he bunny hopped out of the box on his 9th inning home run? Yet this was the same man who ripped Manny Ramirez, for slowly walking to first base and pointing to his teammates after a 3 run home run.

I've loved Leiter's announcing this series, and have hated Lyons's.

If he ripped Sammy, there would probably be more of an outrage from Cub fans and Sammy supporters. I don't think Ramirez has the kind of rabid following that Sammy has. Almost no player does.

Hangar18
10-09-2003, 08:10 AM
I like how they played "sweet home chicago" at the commercial
breaks. Made one feel like one was watching WGN instead of
a Nationally Broadcast, Unbiased Telecast. the thing Ive always liked about that SONG, is that its been PLAYED AFTER A WHITESOX VICTORY FOR YEARS AND YEARS. I think its become unofficially, our second Theme Song

thepaulbowski
10-09-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
the thing Ive always liked about that SONG, is that its been PLAYED AFTER A WHITESOX VICTORY FOR YEARS AND YEARS. I think its become unofficially, our second Theme Song

I notice they didn't play it as much this year for some reason. Or I just missed it. But I don't remember hearing them play "Sweet Home Chicago" after all of the home victories.

Also, I think you are reading too much into them playing the song. It's like on Monday night football against Green Bay when they had Belushi on there doing his thing or games on national TV that are in NY, you will always heard NY, NY a few times.

Hangar18
10-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
I notice they didn't play it as much this year for some reason. Or I just missed it. But I don't remember hearing them play "Sweet Home Chicago" after all of the home victories.

Also, I think you are reading too much into them playing the song. It's like on Monday night football against Green Bay when they had Belushi on there doing his thing or games on national TV that are in NY, you will always heard NY, NY a few times.

Hmmm does that mean we'll hear Miami Sound Machine ?

mrwag
10-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Leiter and Lyons were cracking me up last night. I'm an AL fan, and to hear those 2 go at it was great. Maybe not 100% professional, but who cares. It adds some fun and life to the presentation.

thepaulbowski
10-09-2003, 09:18 AM

If there is a God in heaven, no! :)

Procol Harum
10-09-2003, 09:40 AM

C'mon Hangar and PB, that "Bad boys, Bad boys" number from the mid-80s would make for a real rousing Marlins anthem, dontcha think?

KingXerxes
10-09-2003, 12:06 PM
I can't stand Steve Lyons.

I didn't like him as a player.

He got even worse as an ESPN radio host.

He continues to deteriorate as a Fox broadcaster.

I can't stand Steve Lyons.

Have I told you lately how I can't stand Steve Lyons?

I can't stand the guy.

LuvSox
10-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Go ask D-Backs fans what they think of him. He's their regular, OUCH.

alohafri
10-09-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by OneDog
If he ripped Sammy, there would probably be more of an outrage from Cub fans and Sammy supporters. I don't think Ramirez has the kind of rabid following that Sammy has. Almost no player does.

Isn't amazing how many people bow down and worship a CHEATER?

:shammy I no cheat. Everyone luf me!

mandmandm
10-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Go ask D-Backs fans what they think of him. He's their regular, OUCH.

No he is not.

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/ari/news/ari_news.jsp?ymd=20031008&content_id=569260&vkey=news_ari&fext=.jsp&c_id=ari

LuvSox
10-09-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm
No he is not.

Awesome, they **** canned him already.

Clembasbal
10-09-2003, 06:16 PM
Every time I hear Steve Lyons, I realize how much I hate the fact that they associate him with him on the White Sox dropping his pants -- it just makes me sick!