PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* BoSox/Evil Empire (AL Branch) ALDS game 1 thread

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Not watching any more NL ball this year. Anyone else watching this matchup instead?

poorme
10-08-2003, 07:23 PM
it took me a while to find it. (on fx)

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2003, 07:31 PM
Perfect first inning for both teams.

LuvSox
10-08-2003, 07:32 PM
back & forth

Daver
10-08-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Not watching any more NL ball this year. Anyone else watching this matchup instead?

Jimmy's Outdoor World and Bill Dance are on tonite.

:redneck

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Jimmy's Outdoor World and Bill Dance are on tonite.

:redneck

I'll take your word for it...

:)

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Stupid question for you!
I have the complete digital cable package and still don't have FX. Is anyone else having that problem? I checked every sports related channel for the game and scanned the menu and cannot believe I don't have FX.
Help! I am missing something?

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
Stupid question for you!
I have the complete digital cable package and still don't have FX. Is anyone else having that problem? I checked every sports related channel for the game and scanned the menu and cannot believe I don't have FX.
Help! I am missing something?

I have DirecTV and I have FX -- I would have to believe you have it too. Do you have some sort of "search" capability? That's how I found FX on my system.

LongLiveFisk
10-08-2003, 07:43 PM
Alright!! I just found it...

It's channel 58 out where I live. Just keep scrolling through all your channels if you can't find it. I would think if you have cable, you should have access to this channel, but who the hell knows.

By the way, who is everyone rooting for? I hate the Yanks, sick of them winning. I don't really hate the BoSox, although I am getting a little sick of all the hype about a possible "Red Sox/Cubs" WS. Plus I was nauseated to find out that many of their fans like the Cubs too.

So I guess I'll just be a casual observer.

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I have DirecTV and I have FX -- I would have to believe you have it too. Do you have some sort of "search" capability? That's how I found FX on my system.

Yes, I did the search a few times. Nothing came up as identified as FX. I have seen commercials for FX before but never realized I didn't have it.
About 200 channels and the one I want, I cannot get.
Guess it's the Home Gardening Network tonight.
Maybe some opera or the Gospel Network.
Oh well!

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-08-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by LongLiveFisk
Alright!! I just found it...

It's channel 58 out where I live. Just keep scrolling through all your channels if you can't find it. I would think if you have cable, you should have access to this channel, but who the hell knows.

By the way, who is everyone rooting for? I hate the Yanks, sick of them winning. I don't really hate the BoSox, although I am getting a little sick of all the hype about a possible "Red Sox/Cubs" WS. Plus I was nauseated to find out that many of their fans like the Cubs too.

So I guess I'll just be a casual observer.
You are probably right.
I will have to take your advice and do a station by station scan.
I'll be back in a couple hours.

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Looks like I'm not going to be able to avoid the Flubs game tonight, thanks to Fox's every-half-inning updates.

Yanks get their first baserunner in the bottom of the 2nd, on a Posada single to right.

MetalliSox
10-08-2003, 07:54 PM
Red Sox vs. Yankees, this is what October baseball should be.

poorme
10-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip

huh?

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2003, 08:03 PM
Yanks threaten, don't score in the 2nd.

0-0, top of 3rd.

LuvSox
10-08-2003, 08:06 PM

White Sox ring a bell to you?

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2003, 08:27 PM
Ortiz jacks out a 2-run homer off Mussina.

2-0 Boston Whiners.

MetalliSox
10-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
White Sox ring a bell to you?

Yes, but we aren't there. If we were, I'd be saying..."White Sox vs. Red Sox, this is what October baseball should be."

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Yes, but we aren't there. If we were, I'd be saying..."White Sox vs. Red Sox, this is what October baseball should be."

I had predicted DevilRays vs. Tigers this October.
Maybe I should put down the tube of model glue.
:gulp:

Tom in Boston
10-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Heck, all I'm thinking is that when I hoped and prayed for the Sox to be playing well into October, I should have been more specific :D:

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2003, 08:46 PM
Todd Walker with a (contested) HR in the 5th. The ball was possibly touched by a fan just before it hit the foul pole, or the ball just hit the foul pole before dropping to the field. Hard to tell, but it looked like a legit homer to me.

3-0 Boston Whiners.

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2003, 08:52 PM
Manny goes yard. 4-0 BoSox.

Viva Magglio
10-08-2003, 10:38 PM
Carmines take Game 1. They will have home field advantage at Fenway, but don't the Yankees fare rather well at Fenway?

I wonder if Jorge IV made an appearance during the player introductions tonight.