PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhh, to dream...

Randar68
08-30-2001, 11:38 AM
One of the things that counld take this team over the top.....We all know that our young pitchers will be erratic at times and will need a veteran Presense. This team has the offensive horses, once Frank returns, to make a serious run at a title, but something is missing....

CHAN HO PARK!!!!

Imagine Signing Park, and bringing Wells back in an incentive-laiden 1-year deal. Boomer's 10 miilion is gone, and it'll be his last season, and If Foulke wins in arbitration, next year will likely be his last...

SO!, let's not sit around and wait for out young guys to develo, let's win this damn thing...imagine this rotation:

Chan Ho Park
Mark Buehrle
David Wells
any 2 of Garland/Rauch/Wright/K Wells

and the strength in the bullpen by moving youngsters back to the pen.

Boomer gives at least 1 youngster another year to develop, and that 3-man rotation would easily rival Oakland's or any other....

I know it is a pipe dream, but deal Ray, his 6 million, Baldwin's 6 million's gone, Wells, 10 million is gone, and deal Royce OR Jose, and you have freed-up 27 million dollars from this year's payroll to do the following:

Sign Park, resign Boomer, give raises to the others....

This could easily be done without really raising the season starting salary from what it was this year!

So, let's start the SIGN CHAN HO crusade NOW!

FarWestChicago
08-30-2001, 11:54 AM
and deal Royce OR Jose

All right, let's just terminate this trade Manos discussion right here.

Iwritecode
08-30-2001, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

All right, let's just terminate this trade Manos discussion right here.

:canseco
I know he wasn't talking about me!

Joel Perez
08-30-2001, 12:29 PM
Chan Ho's agent is "superagent" Scott Boras. He's already asking for close to $20 mil per year when Chan's contract is up.

Thank you, but no thank you. He can stay in Chavez Ravine for all I care.

Bmr31
08-30-2001, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
Chan Ho's agent is "superagent" Scott Boras. He's already asking for close to $20 mil per year when Chan's contract is up.

Thank you, but no thank you. He can stay in Chavez Ravine for all I care.

chan ho? 20 million? What is this sport coming to. Thats just sick.

KempersRS
08-30-2001, 12:47 PM
I also read about the 20 million. There is no way we will sign him for that. The sad thing is, someone out there will.