PDA

View Full Version : Terry Francona In the Mix

NewyorkSoxFan
10-08-2003, 12:18 PM
This was just reported by the Trib online, saying that they have asked to interview bench coach Terry Francona. I know that when he was here he was the hot new flavor until he got to Philly. What do we know about him, is he right to beconsidered? Please discuss amongst yourselves...

NYSF

P.S. You haven't seen me b/c I just haven't gotten over the way things ended. I have needed several interventions, and some therapy to get myself together. But after a beautiful cub loss it hit me.... Pitchers and Catchers report in about 3 mos.

poorme
10-08-2003, 12:20 PM
i don't know, but i have a phillies source who says he was terrible.
michael jordan supposedly loved him.

SoxxoS
10-08-2003, 12:43 PM
He's 283-365. No thanks. Ask some people from Phily about him...

This is the guy we are going to hire b/c this is the first article that says that the Sox have asked permission, so they are obviously interested. That would be just dandy.

Hangar18
10-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
This was just reported by the Trib online, saying that they have asked to interview bench coach Terry Francona. I know that when he was here he was the hot new flavor until he got to Philly. What do we know about him, is he right to beconsidered? Please discuss amongst yourselves...

NYSF

P.S. You haven't seen me b/c I just haven't gotten over the way things ended. I have needed several interventions, and some therapy to get myself together. But after a beautiful cub loss it hit me.... Pitchers and Catchers report in about 3 mos.

I was going to say....almost was going to have your landlady
knock on your Door and make sure you were oK :smile:

NewyorkSoxFan
10-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I was going to say....almost was going to have your landlady
knock on your Door and make sure you were oK :smile:

Yea its been tough. And people dont understand how much i hate the flubs, so it makes for a long postseason.

nysf

longshot7
10-08-2003, 03:02 PM
I don't think he'd be that bad - remember, Philly was rebuilding at the time. At least he has managing experience.

poorme
10-08-2003, 03:09 PM
i don't know the particulars, but he managed 4 years and his last was his worst. there are a lot of bad managers with experience. hey, let's hire jerry manuel! he's got lots of experience!

34 Inch Stick
10-08-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
Yea its been tough. And people dont understand how much i hate the flubs, so it makes for a long postseason.

nysf

I think you will enjoy the next week or so.

DrCrawdad
10-08-2003, 05:35 PM
Terry Francona, wasn't he a 1970's teenage girl heart-throb?

dan
10-09-2003, 09:07 AM
Francona is a great manager but it is well known that he overworks pitchers like none other, nearly ending Schilling's career because of overuse. I don't know if he'd be a good manager at this point because of the young arms on this team. I couldn't stand to go through another fiasco like 2001 where it seemed like everyone was injured.

Mammoo
10-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Does anyone here think we deserve someone who succeeded in his last gig or at least a fresh face with new ideas??? :?:

SoxxoS
10-09-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
Does anyone here think we deserve someone who succeeded in his last gig or at least a fresh face with new ideas??? :?:

I like that logic. Going by that...we should hire Backman. The Barons were not very talented this year, but Backman seemed to get the most out of his players. Something like 9th in the league in home runs and 3rd in the league in runs scored.

:hawk

"What a concept."

MRKARNO
10-09-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I like that logic. Going by that...we should hire Backman. The Barons were not very talented this year, but Backman seemed to get the most out of his players. Something like 9th in the league in home runs and 3rd in the league in runs scored.

:hawk

"What a concept."

It makes sense to hire him based on that logic, but a number of unnamed players claim to dislike him already.

SoxxoS
10-09-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
It makes sense to hire him based on that logic, but a number of unnamed players claim to dislike him already.

You know what I say to that-
**** happens. Deal with it. That is all the MORE reason to hire him. If they don't like it...quit.

Freakin Sox premadonnas don't like a manager. I don't care if they like him or not. The players have a really tough life. Getting paid a kings ransom to play a game is just too bad. Those poor players. Give me a break. This is the type of crap I can't stand.