PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Fighting Fish - Evil Empire NLCS Game 2 Thread

Dadawg_77
10-08-2003, 11:54 AM
I always wanted to start one of these.

If you want to talk with Marlin's fans that is thread to do it in.

http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8180

Game time is 7 pm

voodoochile
10-08-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I always wanted to start one of these.

If you want to talk with Marlin's fans that is thread to do it in.

http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8180

Game time is 7 pm

A little hyped up for the game are we Dawg? :D:

Dadawg_77
10-08-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
A little hyped up for the game are we Dawg? :D:

Nothing wrong with little 8 hour pre game warmup, plus I am bored running SQL queries all day.

FarWestChicago
10-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I always wanted to start one of these.At least I didn't have to edit the title. Well done. :smile:

inta
10-08-2003, 03:09 PM
my fingers are already crossed.

JRIG
10-08-2003, 03:18 PM
I work with a Cubs fan who left the office today at 1pm to go to Wrigley, without a ticket, and try to get in. He said even if he was shut out he would at least go to the Cubby Bear and watch. He then said, and I quote:

"I talked to my friend who went last night. He said even though he couldn't get in the park and had to stand on the street and even though the Cubs lost, he still had a great time!"

Indeed. I told him truer words were never spoken about Cubs fans.

dan
10-08-2003, 03:22 PM
All these losers from my rich, white, snobby school went to the game, and said they would have so much fun. i feel so much better that the Cubs got drilled especially with all the hype around chicago and all the stupid cubs fans.

voodoochile
10-08-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by dan
All these losers from my rich, white, snobby school went to the game, and said they would have so much fun. i feel so much better that the Cubs got drilled especially with all the hype around chicago and all the stupid cubs fans.

Welcome Aboard! :D: Man, there have been so many new people these past few days. How cool is that?

Vsahajpal
10-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
I work with a Cubs fan who left the office today at 1pm to go to Wrigley, without a ticket, and try to get in. He said even if he was shut out he would at least go to the Cubby Bear and watch. He then said, and I quote:

"I talked to my friend who went last night. He said even though he couldn't get in the park and had to stand on the street and even though the Cubs lost, he still had a great time!"

Indeed. I told him truer words were never spoken about Cubs fans.

LOL, it was arguably the best game this post-season, sure the Cubs lost, but to be there must've been incredible. That place was simply electric last night. Who knows when the Cubs will be in this position again? I'm glad he had he great time.

JRIG
10-08-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
LOL, it was arguably the best game this post-season, sure the Cubs lost, but to be there must've been incredible. That place was simply electric last night. Who knows when the Cubs will be in this position again? I'm glad he had he great time.

I agree, it would have been a amazing experience to be in the park . But to be standing outside and not able to even see the game...I don't think so. Believe me, this guy was talking about the drinking and the girls more than the game itself. Even I'm not so callous as to not acknowlege that to be in attendence of last night's game would be very memorable.

Vsahajpal
10-08-2003, 05:35 PM
I agree, it would have been a amazing experience to be in the park . But to be standing outside and not able to even see the game...I don't think so. Believe me, this guy was talking about the drinking and the girls more than the game itself. Even I'm not so callous as to not acknowlege that to be in attendence of last night's game would be very memorable.

Ah, I don't know him, so I'll take your word. Doubtful he's more than a casual Cubs fan if he was there to drink and stare at the girls.

DrCrawdad
10-08-2003, 05:42 PM

Yeah, I think the whole point of what you wrote was about the guy NOT being in the park.

I'll never forget the clip of ABC 7 sports reporter Brad Palmer outside The Shrine for the festivities of an NLDS win. They asked Brad about the atmosphere. Brad replied, "Drunk!"

DrCrawdad
10-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

The Boston-Oakland Game 5 was excellent.

I didn't watch every part of the Cubs/Marlins game one. But what did love was when the Cubbie fans booed Sosa, before the HR. That electricity was second to none.

Zambrano sure has stunk up the joint in his last few starts. I'm hoping that tonight's game result is similar to the outcome of game one.

washington
10-08-2003, 06:25 PM
There's some reason to be optimistic about today: In the only game Brad Penny pitched against the Flubs, July 19 in Miami, he went 8 innings and gave up 4 hits, 0 earned runs. The Fish lost 1-0 on an unearned run. He scuffled against the Giants last week though

VeeckAsInWreck
10-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Brad Penny is very unreliable, but when he is on he is on and when he's not.........well, you get it.

If I had to compare Brad Penny to anyone on the Sox it would be
:jon
"My games are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!"

Jjav829
10-08-2003, 07:03 PM
I'm sure someone has probably mentioned this but Miguel Cabrera looks a hell of a lot like a young Magglio. His picture doesn't resemble Maggs so much but when hes at the plate, he looks very much like Maggs.

LuvSox
10-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Wow, the Hawks have a home game on TV. It's a busy night for the remote.

poorme
10-08-2003, 08:54 PM
prior looks pretty shaky tonight. if the cubs lose tonight, they're done

poorme
10-08-2003, 09:11 PM
wow. did sosa crush that one. wow.

FarWestChicago
10-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by poorme
wow. did sosa crush that one. wow. :nandrolone

I told you already, my September vitamin cycle was very good for me.

MetalliSox
10-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by poorme
wow. did sosa crush that one. wow.

Has it landed yet? Wonder if he accidently picked up his batting practice bat.

poorme
10-08-2003, 09:38 PM
cubs up 8-0. wonder how long baker goes with prior.

Viva Magglio
10-08-2003, 09:57 PM
As Hawk would say, this one is U-glee. The Fish still have home field regardless of this.

MRKARNO
10-08-2003, 10:03 PM
The Marlins were looking to come in and take 1 and they did.

Wood can dominate against unpatient hitters

The Marlins are patient hitters

Wood can struggle mightily against unpatient hitters

The Marlins have a very legitimate shot to beat wood

They Really didnt have a chance in this game. Prior really is that good. Kerry Wood however is not

Viva Magglio
10-08-2003, 10:05 PM
On Simon's double, someone threw a beer at Conine. Of course, it was probably a White Sox fan that did it.

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2003, 10:11 PM
Well, if you're gonna suck, might as well get all the suck out at once...

(Btw, BoSox still up 4-0, 6th inning.)

Viva Magglio
10-08-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Well, if you're gonna suck, might as well get all the suck out at once...

(Btw, BoSox still up 4-0, 6th inning.)

Red Sox got third run when fan may have knocked a possible foul ball into the foul pole with his glove.

Win1ForMe
10-08-2003, 10:14 PM
Hopefully the Cubs follow the Sox pattern of hitting by following a double digit run output with a no-run or 1 run game next time out.

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Red Sox got third run when fan may have knocked a possible foul ball into the foul pole with his glove.

The ball would have hit the foul pole no matter what, so it didn't matter that the fan touched it.

Viva Magglio
10-08-2003, 10:36 PM
There is a silver lining in this. The blowout win will make the Cubs and their assclown fans so damn cocky for Game 3 that they won't know what hit them.

VeeckAsInWreck
10-08-2003, 10:57 PM
looking into my crystal ball, I can hear that a Cub fan will say this tomorrow:

:woo-woo
"Did you watch the game last night? I hear that since they beat the Marlins so bad, Bud Selig is going to count it as 2 wins!" :?:

I know it sounds dumb, but a Cub fan will say this! :D:

Dadawg_77
10-08-2003, 11:28 PM
I am sorry, I will never ever start a game day thread again. That was to painful to watch so I turned on FX.

Viva Magglio
10-08-2003, 11:40 PM
Despite what happened tonight, the Marlins accomplished their mission at Wrigley Field: SPLIT.

kittle42
10-09-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Despite what happened tonight, the Marlins accomplished their mission at Wrigley Field: SPLIT.

Amen. This is exactly what Hangar and I were saying tonight. That's all they needed.