PDA

View Full Version : Burly

OfficerKarkovice
08-30-2001, 11:29 AM
I think this might have been brought up yesterday and some people got confused on what the Sox should do, but Mark is pitching tonight, and it was suggested that the Sox give him the day off and start him tomorrow against Cle. I think this would be a great idea, giving his arm a little extra rest not to mention then he gets to face the Indians in the opening game of a very important series.

Bmr31
08-30-2001, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
I think this might have been brought up yesterday and some people got confused on what the Sox should do, but Mark is pitching tonight, and it was suggested that the Sox give him the day off and start him tomorrow against Cle. I think this would be a great idea, giving his arm a little extra rest not to mention then he gets to face the Indians in the opening game of a very important series.

we seem to own the tigers. I would hold my best pitcher for the cleveland series......

Iguana775
08-30-2001, 01:52 PM
TRU DAT!!!

delben91
08-30-2001, 03:12 PM
I agree that you should have your best pitcher go against the tribe, but who would we start in Mark's place? Rocky made a start this week, as did Glover, and Lowe pitched out of the pen last night. Ginter is back in AAA, so who does that leave? Pulsipher? I don't think so, we can't afford to thin out the pen against the tigers by putting in some fill in guy because we'll need relievers against the tribe, count on it. So, I agree with the theory, but don't see how we can do it.

Soxboyrob
08-30-2001, 03:25 PM
PLUS:
Having Buehrle pitch tonight vs. the lowly Tiggers is an almost guaranteed win, right? Isn't winning what it's all about? Think of it as a 5 game series and tonight is game one. We need to win game one and who better than Buehrle to get us there? Hope I didn't jinx him by assuming he'll win tonight.

KempersRS
08-30-2001, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
PLUS:
Having Buehrle pitch tonight vs. the lowly Tiggers is an almost guaranteed win, right? Isn't winning what it's all about? Think of it as a 5 game series and tonight is game one. We need to win game one and who better than Buehrle to get us there? Hope I didn't jinx him by assuming he'll win tonight.

I'll be the first one to bring up this post if they lose tonight!

OfficerKarkovice
08-30-2001, 03:28 PM
See I wouldnt assume anything. What I would do I try a start by comittee. Kip and Rocky could probably give us a few innings, Pulsipher, Embree, Lowe, and Howry could probably go one. Then we just hope that we score 18 runs and then tomorrow Mark needs to go like 8 innings and give all of those guys a rest. Or else we should have given a minor league starter a 1 game callup to fill in but I think it might be too late for that now.

Iwritecode
08-30-2001, 03:38 PM
The only thing about having him start tonight is that he will pitch the last game at home against NY. If we move him up a day he will miss NY both home and away. Those games could be important depending how this weekend series goes. This is all assuming he starts every 5th day also.

Soxboyrob
08-30-2001, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
See I wouldnt assume anything. What I would do I try a start by comittee. Kip and Rocky could probably give us a few innings, Pulsipher, Embree, Lowe, and Howry could probably go one. Then we just hope that we score 18 runs and then tomorrow Mark needs to go like 8 innings and give all of those guys a rest. Or else we should have given a minor league starter a 1 game callup to fill in but I think it might be too late for that now.

This is just a tad risky and potentially blows out your bullpen. If Buehrle were to come out flat on Friday and get hit hard early, he'd have to be left in there for a sacrificial hammering while the whole pen rests their wings.

Jerry_Manuel
08-30-2001, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
I'll be the first one to bring up this post if they lose tonight!

Why am I not surprised?

KempersRS
08-30-2001, 08:32 PM
PLUS:

[/B]

Well, I promised, and I am trying to stir things up a bit.

KempersRS
08-30-2001, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Why am I not surprised?

Hey, what did I do to deserve this? :)

Jerry_Manuel
08-30-2001, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Hey, what did I do to deserve this?

Nothing "Mr. Positive" :)